It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats win House and Senate! What if they don't?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Less than a month before the mid-term elections and all I am hearing is how Democrats are going to take back the House and the Senate.

History is on their side, as it is a mid-term election of a 2 term President, the minority party is supposed to pick up seats.

But what if the Republican Party holds onto the House and Senate? Wouldn't that just put the nail into the Democratic coffin?

Wouldn't the Democrats co-conspirators, the media, be rendered just as ineffective?

High expectations lead to huge disappointments! and I a looking forward to it!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Mmm.. what will change if either side wins... nothing.

Even if Dems do win.. President is republican and can veto..

If Reps hold out.. what have they accomplished so far anyways?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My bet is they win the House but the GOP hangs onto a narrow majority in the Senate.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well it can happen and like anything in our nation it can not.

Still the same old same stays and nothing new will come our way.

Our nation needs new blood and all we got is the same dinosaurs sitting in congress for a life time.

At least many of them do.

I don't believe that one particular party should dominated everything in majority I feel that is more democratic when is division in power for better checks and balances.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If the democrats had been in power all along, we'd probably not have gone to iraq, but we would've gone to afghanistan, be trying to force iran not to go nuclear, and be pulling our hair out over NK nukes.

So if democrats win, things won't be any different from if republicans win. The iraq war seems to be an issue only with the Bush Administration, if a democrat had been in power, or even a different republican with a different cabinet, they might've not gone to war with iraq.

So I don't see anything changing, realistically, either way. People on either side will wratchet their rhetoric one way or another, and the basic historical course that we are on right now will continue as if it weren't happening.

top topics

join