It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Bush supporters now??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
1. Tax Cuts

Do you even realize how much debt the country is in? Do you realize that americans are paying more out of their pockets than they ever have. Please read about how the Banks control the money in US and why the US is always in debt. You will be surprised to find out that less money is in circulation than what the US government owes to the banks. So you can guess where all that money comes from and why the american public will keep paying out of their pockets even though they can never pay the debt off.

2. Best Economy in decades

Best economy??? You cant be serious. Please tell me how he has improved the economy. Clinton was doing better than Bush in that area.

3. War on Terror

On an average more americans live in fear of terror attacks than ever before. Besides, terrorism is in the eye of the beholder. According to a lot of thirdf world countries, US is the terrorist because US occupies their countries and tries to control and dictate them. Not to mention the amount of people dead since the start of 'war on terrorism'.

4. Prosecution of the War in Iraq

Read above.

5. Strong reestablishment of the respect for the office after it was lost prior to him.

Now I know you must be kidding for sure. Respect is one thing Bush lacks. The hooker living across the street from me, who smokes crack and has 5 babies and does not know who their father is and currently dying of AIDS gets more respect than Bush.
Official study all shows that Bush approval rating has gone down a lot. It was already low and now it has gone down.

Now you can argue all that you want, and you will. Yet, understand you asked for my opinion, so why waste your type on trying to convince me otherwise? As those that have posted and debated against me know, I study this extensively and these are "MY" conclusions.

This site is meant for people to argue/debate over a topic. So I dont think Im wasting my time. Besides, I choose to 'waste' my time on this site, and you can simply choose wether you want to debate with me or not.

I agree that you do more research and show more interest than the average ATS member on this website, that why I choose to reply to you more in detail. And I try to affect people's perpective on things simply by using words and debating rather than going out in the street and using guns.

Example: Danish muhammad cartoon. There were people out in the streets rioting and there were people like me who were trying to get their words across (in a sensible manner) and tell people that it offended them and they should not be making fun of muhammad. People still ignore us and try to focus only on the select few rioters and using them as leverage, they try to show that entire muslim population is bunch of rioters and over sensitive people.

Its like poking a sleeping dog. First you poke it and then get pissed when it bites your legs off. Then you say that the owner of the dog made him bite you.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by half_minded]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You asked for my opinion and there it is...

Your arguments will not persuade me any more than mine will you...

IMO

Tax cuts helped ME tremendously and EVERYONE I know..

For ME, the Economy is better than it has been in my lifetime... Decades..

Healthy Economy

I support the war in Iraq and the war on terror.

You are correct about one thing. As my line of work requires it, I take nothing at face value and investigate EVERYthing extensively. (I would make some very hurtful mistakes otherwise) My information leads me to completely disregard the Liberal talking points in reference to the economy and stick with the experts, the economists, that basically say what I have just stated.

Again, just my opinion as was requested.

Semper

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz
"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back- "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" - Doug Thompson, capitolhillblue.com

Capital Hill Blue is garbage. AND this alleged quote has been debunked.

"A dictatorship ....

You don't like Bush's alleged dictatorship quotes? Bill Clinton basically said the exact same thing but he worded it nicer when he said

- I'll run this country by executive order if I have to".

Some more Clinton quotes -
www.gargaro.com...

Here's another Clinton goodie -

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say." President William Clinton addressing the people of Philadelphia, May 28, 1993 in the Courtyard, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA

And yet another from the first 'black' president -

African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
President Clinton on Black Entertainment Television, November 2, 1994

And if you think Bush is on a power trip .. wait until Hillary gets in office in 2008.

-from MSNBC's Keith Olberman, Oct 6th 2006

You actually listen to that guy? He's on a rant because his show is failing and he's trying to sell a book. The source (Olberman) is highly questionable. When the source is so obviously questionable then what is said is also highly suspect.

roughly 67% of the population think he's not fit for the position of president.

Disagreeing with how someone is handling certain issues or thinking that they are not doing a good job at the time is NOT the same as thinking that person 'is not fit for the position'. That's two entirely different things.

Conversational Terrorism

Excellent link semper! Thanks. I'm sure it will come in handy later.

[edit on 10/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You don't like Bush's alleged dictatorship quotes? Bill Clinton basically said the exact same thing but he worded it nicer when he said

- I'll run this country by executive order if I have to............

No one is comparing clinton to Bush. We are only discussing Bush because he is the CURRENT PRESIDENT.

Disagreeing with how someone is handling certain issues or thinking that they are not doing a good job at the time is NOT the same as thinking that person 'is not fit for the position'. That's two entirely different things.

A person who cannot do his job well and not handling certain issues is DEFINITELY NOT fit for the position. Esp. if hes the President. Thats his JOB....if he cant do it properly then hes not fit! How can you say thats two different things?

So, a school bus driver drives like a maniac (not doing good job) but he has a drivers license (fit for position). Doesnt make sense does it? Both are very much related. You do good job then you are fit for position, if you screw up then u aint fit. see the relation.

P.S. If 65% thinks Bush aint fit for the job then there is definitely a problem.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

P.S. If 65% thinks Bush aint fit for the job then there is definitely a problem.

Correct;

It's called the Liberal Media..

Remember "Liar Dan" Rather.

Semper

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I support this current administration's efforts against terrorism and frankly I would rather have the war being fought in Iraq than on U.S. soil. This administration DOES have a strategy whether you want to see it or not. They, along with our military are working to prevent further attacks in the USA and around the world. I haven't seen many other countries except the ones helping us take any serious measures against terrorism. Terrorism is a global plague and it has the potential of leading us into much more serious disasters than 9/11. And despite all the slandering and threats against our President he is still holding strong, so I honestly don't know what you people are whining about. He's a good president, who isn't perfect, but he does his best.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Lets not forget about
China

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I support this current administration's efforts against terrorism and frankly I would rather have the war being fought in Iraq than on U.S. soil.

So you think that Iraq was capable of bringing a war to US soil? You think Iraq was even interested in attacking US?

This administration DOES have a strategy whether you want to see it or not.

I see it. Promote anti-muslim propoganda, then attack muslim countries with oil, then slowly take control of the countries that wud not give into threats and then slowly control the whole world.

They, along with our military are working to prevent further attacks in the USA and around the world.

By attacking other countries and killing hundreds of thousands because one american life is more precious than hundred Iraqi lives.

I haven't seen many other countries except the ones helping us take any serious measures against terrorism.

Because US is the real terrorist along with the countries that support it. Corrupt governments hungry for money and power.

Terrorism is a global plague and it has the potential of leading us into much more serious disasters than 9/11.

Ya, and now its spread into afghanistan and Iraq. US spread it. US is the terrorist.

And despite all the slandering and threats against our President he is still holding strong, so I honestly don't know what you people are whining about. He's a good president, who isn't perfect, but he does his best.

holding strong?

Half of US is against him. His popularity is at an all time low. He only got voted into office twice because the elections are rigged. He has done nothing to help the US or any other country for that matter. He has caused more destruction and damage than all terrorists combined. He has failed in many major areas. He is considered the worst president in US history by many.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back- "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" - Doug Thompson, capitolhillblue.com

Capital Hill Blue is garbage. AND this alleged quote has been debunked.

Show me

"A dictatorship ....

- I'll run this country by executive order if I have to".

Some more Clinton quotes -
www.gargaro.com...

Here's another Clinton goodie -

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say." President William Clinton addressing the people of Philadelphia, May 28, 1993 in the Courtyard, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA

And yet another from the first 'black' president -

African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."
President Clinton on Black Entertainment Television, November 2, 1994

Flyerfan, I said in a previous post I would not make excuses for clinton, that is still where I stand. If he said those with the intent that the quotes appear to have then he is no better. But we are talking about Bush here aren't we? Why do you have to sidestep his quotes and talk about Clinton - he isn't even our current president so the implications are not quite as important, no?

Can you justify what Bush has been quoted as saying? I would be interested in knowing why you think it's ok for Bush, our current president, to say this.

And if you think Bush is on a power trip .. wait until Hillary gets in office in 2008.

Again, I really don't give a flying sh*t about Hillary or democrats. They are not in power. Why are we talking about them? I want to know why Bush is the best thing since sliced bread, from you Flyersfan, instead why he isn't as bad as someone else. Because not being as bad as someone else doesn't make you good.

-from MSNBC's Keith Olberman, Oct 6th 2006

You actually listen to that guy? He's on a rant because his show is failing and he's trying to sell a book. The source (Olberman) is highly questionable. When the source is so obviously questionable then what is said is also highly suspect.

debunk anything he has said then I will patronize this statement. And besides, he is on side by side with Tucker Carlson (right leaner) and a Republican, Joe Scarborough - yes, this source is just liberal media right.....

roughly 67% of the population think he's not fit for the position of president.

If I had an employee who has been doing a piss-poor job over the past extended period of time, how long do you think I would keep them on until I fired them? Do you just keep employees on even though 2/3 of managment thinks they suck? This is just bad business.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Show me

Here you go...

Article removed from our database
By DOUG THOMPSON
Jun 4, 2004, 02:17
Email this article

Printer friendly page

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: This article was based on sources that I thought were reliable at the time it was written. I have since learned those sources were not present at the events cited and were passing on second and third hand information that could not be confirmed. For those reasons this article has been removed from our database and I apologize to our readers to not taking the extra steps necessary to fully source the information).

--Doug Thompsonwww.capitolhillblue.com...

Semper

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Show me

Here you go...

Article removed from our database
By DOUG THOMPSON
Jun 4, 2004, 02:17
Email this article

Printer friendly page

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: This article was based on sources that I thought were reliable at the time it was written. I have since learned those sources were not present at the events cited and were passing on second and third hand information that could not be confirmed. For those reasons this article has been removed from our database and I apologize to our readers to not taking the extra steps necessary to fully source the information).

--Doug Thompsonwww.capitolhillblue.com...

Semper

Semper

You seem to have integrity, and I do believe you - but is there any way to tell if what was removed was the actual quote? I can't seem to verify that..

O well, it seemed far fetched anyways... I will admit that I am wrong when I am.

=] Cheers.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just by way of answering the original question asked--I'm right here. It's probably where I'll be tomorrow as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Semper

You seem to have integrity, and I do believe you - but is there any way to tell if what was removed was the actual quote? I can't seem to verify that..

O well, it seemed far fetched anyways... I will admit that I am wrong when I am.

=] Cheers.

I'll grant you that President Bush has said some pretty hilarious things. I also think the pressure of the office would make me crumble like an over cooked muffin. I have enjoyed the "Vids" compiled of his "Mis" speeches..

But I do believe this was "added" on to make better press..

Semper

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It's called the Liberal Media..

Remember "Liar Dan" Rather.

Semper

Rather wasn't lying. The BBC is still carrying the story he advanced. They have never retracted it. I dislike the tone implicit in your use of the word 'Liberal'. You drip contempt. Nixon was the first to use 'Liberal' as a derogatory. Does that make you feel proud?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm sorry you perceive me "Dripping Contempt."

I did not however, take you into consideration when composing this post. My mistake I'll grant you...

As for "Liar Dan" and the BBC, well...... He (Liar Dan) retracted it and as he was the initiator of the delusive and irresponsible debacle, I would "Rather" bet that he was correct and his companies actions assertive and proper in their entirety.

Semper

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Iraq was a preemptive movement in the right direction. We will not WAIT for terrorists to have the opportunity to do harm against our country. Iraq is a great place to start spreading democracy in the middle-east and I believe it can happen with time. Now some think Iraqis don't want democracy, well it's not like you can get into the mind of every iraq person and know that for a fact. Democracy in the middle-east would benefit our future greatly and I'm all for it. Iraq is a great place for it to continue. So yes, this administration has an excellent perspective and regardless of all the liberal media focus on negative outcomes, there is far more good coming out of this then you realize. You just need to stop giving all your attention to the conspiracy theorists that are making loads of cash off this issue.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Iraq was a preemptive movement in the right direction. We will not WAIT for terrorists to have the opportunity to do harm against our country. Iraq is a great place to start spreading democracy in the middle-east and I believe it can happen with time. Now some think Iraqis don't want democracy, well it's not like you can get into the mind of every iraq person and know that for a fact. Democracy in the middle-east would benefit our future greatly and I'm all for it. Iraq is a great place for it to continue. So yes, this administration has an excellent perspective and regardless of all the liberal media focus on negative outcomes, there is far more good coming out of this then you realize. You just need to stop giving all your attention to the conspiracy theorists that are making loads of cash off this issue.

But Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism! The so-called link between Saddam and 9/11 has been proven to be a chimera - it never existed.
As for democracy in Iraq, I'd love for it to take root. The problem is that the country has had a history of so-called strong men in charge for decades. It's never really known democracy, so it will take time for it to grow there. That's not going to be helped by the continued flight of its middle-class to safer countries, along with the continued ethnic and religious cleansing that is going on right now. The UK and US isn't losing in Iraq, but we're sure as hell not winning!
From a personal perspective I'd like to say that the Bush presidency has been a total and utter disaster for the US.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Iraq was a preemptive movement in the right direction. We will not WAIT for terrorists to have the opportunity to do harm against our country.

So you have the right to invade countries on the basis that they MAY be a threat without any proof. Also Iraq war was started on lies. seems like its the US that is a threat to these countries and not vice-versa.

Iraq is a great place to start spreading democracy in the middle-east and I believe it can happen with time.

Just change the word 'Democarcy' to 'World Domination' in your sentence and you will know what i mean.

Now some think Iraqis don't want democracy, well it's not like you can get into the mind of every iraq person and know that for a fact. Democracy in the middle-east would benefit our future greatly and I'm all for it.

Iraqis dont want the US soldiers in their street. As you said democracy in the middle east would benefit YOUR future. What about the thousands that are dying and loisng their homes nada families. What about their future?

Iraq is a great place for it to continue.

So you want to continue to kill people and invade countries.

So yes, this administration has an excellent perspective and regardless of all the liberal media focus on negative outcomes, there is far more good coming out of this then you realize. You just need to stop giving all your attention to the conspiracy theorists that are making loads of cash off this issue.

Ya I made about $3.7 million last year because of my conspiracy theories. lol

liberal media focusing on negative outcome? Thousand people dying and suffering is a negative outcome which the liberal media and the conspiracy theorists are trying to show but the blind Bush supporters fail to see.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join