It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel becomes 51st state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How would the world react to Israel becoming the 51st American State?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have no idea how the world would react, but I doubt Israel would ever request U.S. statehood and even if it did, it would probably be denied.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They may accept if they were to become the new Capitol.
I do not think we need anymore states because we are having a hard time keeping the ones we have now.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
we are having a hard time keeping the ones we have now.

What do you mean by that? I have no knowledge of any state that has any serious desire to secede at the moment, do you? If so, please post some supporting info.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Besides, with statehood comes certain rights that the US doesn't want many people to have. That's why we now have a crap load of territories, protectorats and other such vague properties. That way we can keep some around so that 10 year olds can produce mass quanteties of clothing for Wal-Mart and K-Mart, and have it still say "made in the USA". And so that American politicians and their foreign friends can diddle 12 year olds and never actually leave the country.

God Bless America

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Besides, with statehood comes certain rights that the US doesn't want many people to have. That's why we now have a crap load of territories, protectorats and other such vague properties. That way we can keep some around so that 10 year olds can produce mass quanteties of clothing for Wal-Mart and K-Mart, and have it still say "made in the USA". And so that American politicians and their foreign friends can diddle 12 year olds and never actually leave the country.

God Bless America

Has any territory of the United States ever requested statehood and be denied? Puerto Rico has had many elections on whether to request statehood and they always voted NO...

I think your post is quite misleading.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
But then you must ask, how many territories have a population that knows enough to ask for statehood.

I'll throw this in there for ya if you don't believe that the US does messed up stuff with their territories.

www.npr.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This would never ever happen. They would lose their "Foreign Aid" status which would be a great deal of money. They probably recieve more money as a Non-state then they would being a state. Then there would be the subject of who can go and come in that state. As you know they are not too fond of arabs being allowed to go and come as they please, which if they are an American state would not be allowed to happen.
As an American state they would also not be given the priveledge of being able to just raze houses and indiscriminately bomb people...so I would pretty much sum it all up that this would never be allowed to happen ever and not only by Americans but by the Israelis themselves. I'm pretty sure they'd be dead set against it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Israel is nowhere near America, how would that work?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
impossible.

Israel is planning to become a member of the EU because they see themselves as Europeans. Apparently, talks will start soon between the EU and Israel.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Ever hear of Hawaii?

To my knowledge, Israel has no desire to become an American state.

Personally, I wish we had some land here in the US that Israel could have so they could live peacefully, but I don't see that happening either.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Ever hear of Hawaii?

Yeah, a group of islands off The Americas. Israel is in the middle of another continent, surely if they were going to join anyone it would be more likely to be the EU?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What About Alaska? It's closer to Russia and Canada than the US. Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be part of one of them? The US has territories all over the world. I agree that Israel won't literally be a state, but it's not because of location.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We bought Alaska from Russia.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by md1978
How would the world react to Israel becoming the 51st American State?

Who cares what the world would think.

If Porto Rico can't be convinced to become a state when its already a territory, how the heck would Israel choose to become a territory, and then later a state?

The Isrealis would never opt to become a state, they are invested in having israel as a jewish state, if they became a US state, that'd be over.

rasobasi420
That's why we now have a crap load of territories, protectorats and other such vague properties

THe only thing preventing most of those entities from becomming states are their own populations, not wanting to be US States.

how many territories have a population that knows enough to ask for statehood.

Thats their own fault for being ignorant then. ANd Porto Rico knows that it can, and still continually votes down becomming a state, why think that the rest are any different?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

rasobasi420

THe only thing preventing most of those entities from becomming states are their own populations, not wanting to be US States.

how many territories have a population that knows enough to ask for statehood.

Thats their own fault for being ignorant then. ANd Porto Rico knows that it can, and still continually votes down becomming a state, why think that the rest are any different?

This reminds me of the whole Miranda rights thing. If someone doesn't know their rights , does that mean that they have none?

And assuming that the rest won't be different than Puerto Rico is an obvious logical fallacy, I just don't have tie to find out which one right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If these people are US protectorates and don't know about the application for statehood, then its their own darned fault, its certainly not a secret. People don't move up to statehood, because being a territory is usually better, there's all the funding, all the economic and military security, but less of the taxes.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If these people are US protectorates and don't know about the application for statehood, then its their own darned fault, its certainly not a secret. People don't move up to statehood, because being a territory is usually better, there's all the funding, all the economic and military security, but less of the taxes.

Exactly. Puerto Rico has no state government, just some territorial government that has much less overhead, plus they get some tax exemptions etc., but of course they get the full protection of the U.S. military and everything else that comes with being a part of the U.S.

It's written in our Constitution how a territory can become a state and every student in schools in these territories should be taught the Constitution:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

U.S. Constitution, Article IV, Section 3

So basically they just have to ask the Congress, which to my knowledge no territory of the U.S. has done and been refused (with the possible exception of the District of Columbia, but that has special status as the federal district seat of government)...

[edit on 10/31/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I will once again bring up the Northern Mariana Islands.

The Northern Marianas Islands allegedly harbor the most abusive labor practices of anywhere in the United States. According to the progressive think tank American Progress Action Fund, "Human 'brokers' bring thousands there to work as sex slaves and in cramped sweatshop garment factories where clothes (complete with 'Made in U.S.A.' tag) have been produced for all the major brands."

If most of the population is uneducated, exploited, and kept from the facts about their rights, is it their fault? Do thye deserve to be exploited because they don't know any better?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah, a group of islands off The Americas.

Hawaii is the most isolated population center on the face of the earth. Hawaii is 2,390 miles from California; 3,850 miles from Japan; 4,900 miles from China; and 5,280 miles from the Philippines.

www.50states.com...

To say that Hawaii is off the Americas is a bit of a stretch, as the statistics attest. But, the fact is, I believe, that Israel is not interested in being anything but a nation, precisely where it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join