It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was that Auora that I heard last night!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have just become registered to this site, to enable me to dip into the collective knowledge to help get some answers on a strange incident that happened last night.

Anyway Monday night at approximately 11:45 pm (give or take 10 minutes) I was in bed, I had just been woken by my wife who had dropped something on the floor, anyway I digress, I was just nodding back to sleep when an incredible noise startled me

The noise itself can only be attributed to something like a chainsaw (on steroids) tearing through the air, the vibrations made the house and its furnishings vibrate, The noise itself could only be described as a constant thud thud thud with some other mechanical noise in the background. It was similar in characteristics to a description given by a Mid Western American programme on Aviation secrets a while ago (couldn’t name the programme but say it was on Discovery).

Unfortunately I didn’t have the time or inclination to get out of bed, but being honest with you I don’t believe that I would have seen anything anyway (black object against a black sky?!). However the night itself was particularly calm and other than this noise, which lasted maybe a minute, I could not hear anything else, it was in general a typical quiet and peaceful Monday night. (The Chav’s where in bed they only come out at the weekend or when other people are working)

I would appreciate if anyone in the know would be able to:-

A Check seismographic data for this time frame, the way the house shook I would be surprised if there was no trace.
B Check flights over my house (Civilian or Military traffic) over a village south of Birmingham called Studley, The flight path passed from the front of our house to the back which would mean the Plane took headed on almost a west east axis

I know that we live within 25 miles of Birmingham International airport, but I will assure you that as far as I am aware there is a restriction on night flights, from here due to the location of adjoining residential properties. And I would require a reverse lobotomy if I confused a (shall we mention Pulse Detonation engine) to something on an Monarch airlines A320, in fact if I got it that wrong I would perform the procedure myself blindfolded in a dark room with no lights and only a hammer as a surgical instrument!!! The wife was from Marston Green which neigbours the airport, so I have spent a lot of time getting used to commercial aircraft noise.

And to those sceptics, who will still try to poor scorn on my evidence, I have been to air shows from an early age, my Dad took me to Greenham Common for the IAT before it became a Cruise base. I have seen Lightning’s, Fulcrums, B52’s, B1’s, B2’s, Lancasters, Typhoon, F16’s, Antanovs (including the Russian Shuttle Carrier when it was at Farnborough) you name it I have probably seen it BUT I AM CONVINCED nothing sounded like the noise I experienced last night.

Oh and one more thought, wouldn’t this coincide with the NK situation, and if you had a spy plane wouldn’t you want to get a view of what’s going on. Have a look at the latitude of our village!! Draw a line west east line straight through Studley and see where you end up.

Could this be the famous Aurora (or whatever its name is) I really do believe I was a witness last night.

And like Elvis Thank you very much!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why would the Aurora (if it its real) fly over you instead of taking a shorter flight from its base at Area 51 in Nevada to go to North Korea ?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I like how this super secret aircraft made a sound like a chainsaw on steroids. Why would a secret craft make that much noise.

Probably not the Aurora.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Chinooks can make the house shake, i had 3 fly over my house last week and before i heard them i heard the window rattling, then as the flew over i could feel the vibrations in the floor! less of a chopper sound but more of a thud thud thud sound. Aurora wouldnt be flying low enough altitude over the UK to make that much noise surely

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I like how this super secret aircraft made a sound like a chainsaw on steroids. Why would a secret craft make that much noise.

Probably not the Aurora.

Secret does not neccesarily mean stealthy. The link below discusses pulsed detonation propulsion which is theorized to be the propulsion system for the hyper sonic Aurora.

www.pw.utc.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok I'm not going to scorn you but the thud thud thud that you heard is classic low level helo sounds. As one of the past posters mentioned a chinnok over anyones house will wake the dead.

good post though ill look at more of the info you provided in the past bit. does anyone know how to get ahold of a listing of filed flight plans?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sorry all I should have said that I have also seen and heard all type of helicopters, it was intimated in my original post but it wasn't clear. Ive seen and heard helicopters from Apaches, to Chinooks even the large MI26 when it was at farnborough

The thud thud was the only description I could think off the noise was too frequent to be a rotor, and also what is a military helicopter , another descirption would be the sound of the air being torn with this as a part of the noise.

Maybe instead of asking people for help directly could someone point me in the direction of people who would be able to find out this imformation out??

And i think that there is laws for flying military helicopters over residential areas, the noise was nothing like I have ever heard,

Cheers anyway

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've always been interested in the aurora stories.If this aircraft is real,which it very well may be,it could be something like the movie "Firefox".Anyhow ,did you by any chance see a contrail?I know you said it was dark,but there are reports of a contrail described as "donuts on a rope".

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
in all honesty a fair number of the more educated aviation buffs on this site are either starting to or already dont believe in the aurora anymore. For myself this story could point towards something else. The abilty of people on these types of websites to cry aurora (wolf) is much to quick and probably wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Look im not saying that it was the Aurora, it could be a anything and I m willing to keep my options open (based upon a sound and logical argument), however my opinion (and it really doesn’t mount to much) is that if you need to get up to date surveillance wouldn't you use all tools at your disposal, both satellites and aircraft.

Taking to the fact that the U2 is susceptible to high altitude SAM (Gary Powers) then the US would still need a method of reaching such hostile air space, which means its Back to the old blackbird theory where you just try to outrun anything that is thrown into the air at you

Anyway has anyone had any ideas about getting the information I contacted the British Geological Society, but I'm not hopeful, when I get a few minutes Ill ask my neighbours if they heard anything, I might have some luck yet...

Assuiin that my first conclusions are righ and it was a spy plane of some description, wouldn't flying on an west east trajectory mean that the plane would be flying during the night for most (or all) of its flight. (Old stealth trick to fly secret planes only at night)

The only thing that brought any doubt was the lack off any sonic boom, then I would assume there would be such an outcry at people just being woken up on a Monday night (not the best of nights to be woken up on)

Thanks for the comments everyone

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I am convinced that you have heard the aurora. In daytime hours you can see the doghnuts on a rope contrail. Put things this way i have read many eywitness accounts from people claiming to have seen it. Supposedly the niose is like a sonic boom is loud and DOES make the place vibrate. there are planty of places you can go to look for eyewitness acounts for the aurora some of the thread on here have eyewitness acounts. The best thing to do is read them and you'll see what i mean.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hi Backpacker,

I've just joined this forum after finding your post. I'm sure I've heard the same noise as you and wanted to share my experience.

I was awoken by an incredibly weird noise at 03:10 on Tuesday 26th September.
I realised it was a craft flying very fast in a south westerly direction. The noise was unlike any I've heard before and hence hard to describe. It pulsated, was immensely powerful & sounded as though an incredibly powerful engine was being either throttled back, or was in serious trouble. If you imagine trying to perform morse code with a nuclear explosion it might be close. The noises being emmitted at a rate of between 1 or 2 per second.

The sound had gone within 10 to 20 seconds - so I stood no chance of getting out of bed to see if I could see anything. I live near J15 M1 Northampton. The sound seemed to originally come from Wellinborough direction, heading for Buckingham.

I've loads of experince of air shows, military aircraft, police/military aircraft etc and know what they all sound like (including chinooks). What I heard was nothing like any aircraft noise I'd heard before. No sonic booms by the way.

Quite simply it was the strangest sound I'd ever heard. I hadn't heard of Aurora, and hadn't a clue who to report the noise to. I started searching the Net & found an active UFO group in Northants. Two guys reviewed my report & their conclusion was the sound was a "Pulse Wave Detonation Engine" - i.e. Aurora. I started searching the Net and found out more about Aurora.

I'm sure now that I've heard the same thing as you. So at least 2 of us have heard it.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Definantly could be the aroura, trying to get good pictures of waht the Iranian military are up to. We're (USA) pretty concerned about developments with their navy.

Also, people have described the arouras sound as that of the sky being unzipped by a giant zipper but only several octives lower. If it's bassy it will travel very far especially if it's high up. And, because it a low frequency sound wave it'll travel easily through the atmosphere.

They could be using one of britains/usa joint airbases to launch 'em from to check out iran. We did that all the time with the SR-71. Taking off in the UK overflying France when we could get away with it.(france hated us for invading their airspace, and when they'd ask for the proper code/approval to fly over france we would just give em the bird(literaly, according to ben rich's skunk works book) and hit the afterburners.)

So you could have heard the Aroura. Another thing to add is that the USAF got busted by Caltech's siesmographs for flying something outside and north of Los Angeles county going from inland twords the pacific in the mid 90's. The thing would create small tremors like clockwork every wednesday at 10AM. So it could definantly be shaking your house even from way up there.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Let me give you the official answer from the Air Force...

No aircraft was in the area at that time.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ok guys im not trying to be too judgemental but alot of you have like under 500 pts to your name. NOW hear me out, I'm not saying this means your a "noob" I'm saying you havent been on these forums long enought to hear some of the other ideas that people like waynos or intelgurl etc all have. Its fine to think something but I encourage you all to look at some of the older aurora threads (there's lots of em) and read what people are saying. Could a plane like aurora (even though i doubt parts of the story) be real? YES, but there are things that dont add up. read up guys its done me a ton of good.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
maybe we should be coming up with a diff name then aurora? to me its just that as soon as some one says aurora half my brain turns off. If your talking about a yet un-named recon plane sure but the idea of aurora is over 20ish? years old and the info is moving further away from the truth as time goes on.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slice
Let me give you the official answer from the Air Force...

No aircraft was in the area at that time.

Who cares what the officail answer is. Most official answers will just tell you what the military want you to know or it will be a complete lie to cover something up.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
Who cares what the officail answer is. Most official answers will just tell you what the military want you to know or it will be a complete lie to cover something up.

The person who cares is the original poster...

Originally posted by champagne backpacker

B Check flights over my house (Civilian or Military traffic) over a village south of Birmingham called Studley, The flight path passed from the front of our house to the back which would mean the Plane took headed on almost a west east axis

Clearly the original poster wants information about military traffic in the area at the time. I gave him the answer to his question. It is the only answer you will ever get about military flight paths, or military movement in general.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for that, I really do not no what that noise was, I am still convinced that what I heard was a plane, which was unlike anything I heard before.

I have a query for all the people that have pored scorn on the idea of some form of spy plane, BBC reported today that they have had confirmed results of radioactive material obtained from the test area, how did they do that? I do know that they flew something out say some form of P3 Orion, however the report stated that it was from the test area.

Anyway its been a nice discussion, anyone else that can interject feel free, and yes I have sub 500 points however I have been visiting this site for a number of years, and it was only the occurance last Monday that I felt that I might be able to obtain some information.

Cheers for now

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thanks what the hell was that, it was good to hear someone else has had a similar experience, strangely enough not long after my own.

I will say that from my initial experiences it seems as though some people are very easy to criticise any evidence, it might be interesting to see if there was a similar no military aircraft in the vicinity responce,

I really wish the wife was awake at the same time, so I would feel that I'm not alone, and I must remember to ask my neighbours, there usally rolling up from the pub at that time

Cheers for the support

top topics

join