It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who thinks the Wii is dumb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I love how people call me a kid when I am playing Xbox. Wow that is the most f***ing retarded thing I have heard. Then they call themselves adults because they can play Mario games on the DS. I will restate this again: How can I be a kid and play M games?? What? You guys MUST be adults because you guys are playnig E games?? Another logic issue. And actually M games are more fun than E games believe it or not. Also all M games usually have better graphics than E games. Unless it is like Madden 07. Because playing Halo or Halo 2 with friends is pretty fun. Actually all Halo 2 is is multiplayer. It has a horrible campaign. So don't whine about friends on Xbox or whatever. All systems are good at that. Except for PC but no duh.

Also actually Halo is fun guys. Just because Xbox made it doesn't mean its not fun. I have to admit that Nintendo games are fun but you can't replay em. You just can't. I mean some of them maybe but most no. The reason why I like Xbox better than Nintendo IS FOR THE REPLAYING. Nintendo has (the last time I checked) ZERO sandbox games (GTA, Saints Row, etc.). Sandbox games have a lot of replaying in em. Because it is free-world. That is why PS2 and Xbox kick Nintendos ass. Because both of em have sandbox meaning both of them OWN.

DS is pretty cool................................ if you're about 10..........or younger. Sorry but that is like not even fun. I have tried it. Not fun. I mean it would be fun if the games weren't all fast paced. Which most of them are.

So how is the Wii Wii? Isn't it out now? Or is that on Tuesday the 14th? People are going to be dissappointed. I saw videos of the motion sensing. Holy **** that is not even motion sensing. That is called putting a ball in the controller and what in moves up or down it registers. I though it would be like if you swing a baseball bat, it will register it. But no it's lame. So far all of the games use one controller which is just moving it back and forth really fast and the Ironic thing is, if someone saw you IT WOULD look like you're masturbating because you're moving your hand up and down really fast. Pumpin your Wii Wii.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Dude. Just stop. With every post you look more and more like a childish fool.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

There we go. All they can say is "you look like you're ten" Because thats all they can think of and try to find comfort and join with other people who think the same thing as them.

RIDICULOUS. Go listen to Oprah Winfrey, hopefully she will tell you to jump off a roof because you're that stupid to actually watch her show and listen to her! I hate Oprah! But I love her because one day she is going to tell everyone to commit suicide and everyone will do it. Excpet me and a few hundred people that actually think for themselves.

Though I suppose it is childish to think for yourself. Watch someone will respond to that. Lol, someone is going to say it is. Watch my free-thinkers. Just watch and laugh like it's mad tv live.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

So how is the Wii Wii? Isn't it out now? Or is that on Tuesday the 14th? People are going to be dissappointed. I saw videos of the motion sensing. Holy **** that is not even motion sensing. That is called putting a ball in the controller and what in moves up or down it registers. I though it would be like if you swing a baseball bat, it will register it. But no it's lame. So far all of the games use one controller which is just moving it back and forth really fast and the Ironic thing is, if someone saw you IT WOULD look like you're masturbating because you're moving your hand up and down really fast. Pumpin your Wii Wii.

LOL! That was hilarious^ I just hope you don't get it too bad when the mods see that.
Now I've been a fan of nitnendo and sega in the old days, but I think now nintendo is just relying on it's old worn out fame and no longer being innovative. I really like the xbox and I like halo A LOT! It's fun and I like the story that goes with it too. But multi-player makes it the most fun. I play as an elite! ELITES ARE HOT! I also liked Morrowind, even though I was not to happy with Oblivion. But I have several games that I enjoy playing on the Xbox. So to each his/her own.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
OMG a reptilian playing xbox...
ROFL LMAO
:bash:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Also, the new Geforce 8800GTX is like 3 times faster than Xenos.

The Xbox360 renders oblivion with medium high settings, with 8bit HDR and 2x AA at around 30 frames per second. On a huge TV, the Xbox will be rendering 921600 pixels.

The Geforce 8, renders oblivion completely maxed out, 16bit HDR, 4x AA at 55fps rendering, hmmm, 1920000 pixels.

I'm not saying consoles are bad, but the whole 'Next generation' statement is completely false .

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human Defense
I love how people call me a kid when I am playing Xbox. Wow that is the most f***ing retarded thing I have heard. Then they call themselves adults because they can play Mario games on the DS. I will restate this again: How can I be a kid and play M games??

Quite simple good sir. You see possession or playing of an M rated game is no indication of age. It simply means that you prefer games that have more explicit themes. I've got a little brother in fifth grade who plays Halo 2 all the time with his friends and they enjoy it. Does that make them adults? Far from it, most of them are still convinced that girls have cooties. So playing M rated games does not make you an adult.

What? You guys MUST be adults because you guys are playnig E games?? Another logic issue.

Only if one assumes a person's age group by the rating of the games they play. There's a lot of adults out there who were around to see gaming arise from nothing, and they're often the one's that understand what video gaming is all about. It's not about graphics, or fancy cinematics, or ratings from ESRB. Video gaming is about the fun, and sometimes E rated games are the only one's that exemplify that concept since they don't have to worry about ensuring at least 2 gallons of blood per character.

And actually M games are more fun than E games believe it or not.

Now that's just a generalization right there. Some M rated games may be more fun than E rated games, but it all comes down to personal tastes. Although personally I'd worry about somebody who can't have fun with a game unless it's M rated.

Also all M games usually have better graphics than E games. Unless it is like Madden 07.

Madden 07 is far from the only exception. Just compare Super Mario Sunshine with Geist. Sunshine had far superior graphics (the water effects were b-e-a-utiful), but it came with the E rating. Geist's graphics were a bit robust and looked like something you'd expect from earlier in the generation, but it had an M rating. But on the otherhand Geist was extremely fun and had some great inovation, proving that graphics don't even make much of a difference when you're just trying to enjoy yourself.

Because playing Halo or Halo 2 with friends is pretty fun. Actually all Halo 2 is is multiplayer. It has a horrible campaign. So don't whine about friends on Xbox or whatever. All systems are good at that.

I'll agree with you that all consoles are fun for multiplayer.

Nintendo has (the last time I checked) ZERO sandbox games (GTA, Saints Row, etc.). Sandbox games have a lot of replaying in em. Because it is free-world. That is why PS2 and Xbox kick Nintendos ass. Because both of em have sandbox meaning both of them OWN.

Sandbox play is pretty fun, but Nintendo is not devoid of sandbox play. Super Mario Sunshine is actually pretty open for sandbox play, and the last two Spider-Man games have been phenomenally fun and very open for exploration and such.

DS is pretty cool................................ if you're about 10..........or younger. Sorry but that is like not even fun. I have tried it. Not fun. I mean it would be fun if the games weren't all fast paced. Which most of them are.

Sad thing is that fun is like beauty. It's either in the eye of the beholder or the beerholder. And maybe you don't enjoy DS, but many people above the age of ten do. Such as myself, Maddox, most of the guys at video game review companies like IGN, and my grandmother. Also DS has quite a bit of variety. Warioware Inc. can get to be pretty fast paced, but Polarium can be played at leisure.

So how is the Wii Wii? Isn't it out now? Or is that on Tuesday the 14th?

Actually it's on the 19th of November.

People are going to be dissappointed. I saw videos of the motion sensing. Holy **** that is not even motion sensing. That is called putting a ball in the controller and what in moves up or down it registers. I though it would be like if you swing a baseball bat, it will register it. But no it's lame.

Perhaps it'd be wise to try the Revolution's controller before determining that the technology is ineffective. Many in the gaming industry claim that it does work very well, so maybe instead of relying on what you see you actually get your hands on a controller and try it. It doesn't make sense not to at least give it a try.

So far all of the games use one controller which is just moving it back and forth really fast and the Ironic thing is, if someone saw you IT WOULD look like you're masturbating because you're moving your hand up and down really fast. Pumpin your Wii Wii.

For one thing I don't think that's irony. That'd be just fitting assuming that it actually looks like one is jerking off. Although that I think is pretty much subject to one's own sick imagination and fantasies. Really, if we're going to jump the ball on things that look like they may be sexual in nature we may as well start by banning football since they were tight pants and they get sweaty while playing. See where I'm going with this?

Originally posted by Human Defense

There we go. All they can say is "you look like you're ten" Because thats all they can think of and try to find comfort and join with other people who think the same thing as them.

Some people do that. But I believe that in this case people are making their judgements based on the percieved logic of your arguements, and for the fact that some people just flat out think the Revolution is worth a try.

RIDICULOUS. Go listen to Oprah Winfrey, hopefully she will tell you to jump off a roof because you're that stupid to actually watch her show and listen to her! I hate Oprah! But I love her because one day she is going to tell everyone to commit suicide and everyone will do it. Excpet me and a few hundred people that actually think for themselves.

You may not like her show but that's no reason to hate Oprah. She's a very respectable woman who donates quite a bit to charities, so I don't think she's really worthy of being hated for the sake of hating someone who's popular.

Though I suppose it is childish to think for yourself. Watch someone will respond to that. Lol, someone is going to say it is. Watch my free-thinkers. Just watch and laugh like it's mad tv live.

What's more childish than not thinking for yourself? Not letting others think for themself. What's more childish than a childish opinion? Going all fanboy on those who disagree with a childish opinion.

Originally posted by PisTonZOR
Also, the new Geforce 8800GTX is like 3 times faster than Xenos.

The Xbox360 renders oblivion with medium high settings, with 8bit HDR and 2x AA at around 30 frames per second. On a huge TV, the Xbox will be rendering 921600 pixels.

The Geforce 8, renders oblivion completely maxed out, 16bit HDR, 4x AA at 55fps rendering, hmmm, 1920000 pixels.

I'm not saying consoles are bad, but the whole 'Next generation' statement is completely false .

Proof that in the end it is PC's that will continue to outperform consoles. Thus the only reason to buy a console is for the fun value. So that pretty much makes this big load of nonsense about graphics and processing on consoles pretty irrelevant.

So for now let's all just hold hands and bask in the knowledge that Winter-een-mas is less than two monthes away. Hooray!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
au.wii.ign.com...

US, November 9, 2006 - Yes, you read that right! We've got a story about something not happening!

In truth, something not happening is something that happens every day, and we don't, in general, report on such non occurrences. For instance, today, Sega didn't announce the Dreamcast 2 (from what we hear, that won't happen until January 15th). Turn to the Dreamcast channel, however, and you won't see a story about Sega having not announced its new platform.

But given that the PlayStation 3 launches only once in a... well, ever... we're making an exception to the general rule of not reporting about nothing, and reporting about nothing, and with pictures!

Here is the invisible PS3 lineup. I hear Sony gave them some Solid Snake optical-camo gear to the first 100,000 people in line and THAT is why we can't see them.

Now here is the Wii lineup.

All those people may be standing in front of a PS3 display, but they're actually waiting for a Wii. Mega media retailer Tsutaya started Wii pre-orders on Thursday morning at 10:00, following a quiet announcement a couple of days prior. IGN checked in at the Shibuya Tsutaya outlet at 10:30 and found a line of at least 200 people waiting to pre-order a unit.

Unlike the 2004 DS pre-order program, this was a no-money down transaction, but 200 people lined up for a pre-order is quite a feat. Tsutaya closed off the line at around 11:00, and even then the last few people didn't complete their transaction until past 1:00.

And all these people? When we saw this line at the Bic Camera in Yurakucho, we immediately assumed that we'd found the PS3 line we'd been so longing to see. But no, this was a line for, of all things, the DS Lite. Bic had taken shipment of the popular system, which is still, in general, sold out wherever you go, and people were lining up to get one. This scene was repeated at Bics throughout Tokyo.

This is all according to IGN as of the 9th. The PS3 lines are forming now though in smaller numbers then the Wii lineup still.

ROFL is all I have to say.

Lotteries suck.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Big difference in launch numbers. I think the PS3 is only launching 400,000 units in the states compared to the Wii's 4 million unit release. It will be much harder to get a PS3 - at least here in the USA. My local Target store is getting 89 Wii systems and only 8 PS3's on their launch days.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Heh, big fumble on Sony's part, or at least the company that does all their chip fabrication. Apparently crappy yields are to blame. Also Wii plans to do 4 mil by christmas as does Sony. Now it looks like sony will be lucky if they can get a million out the factory door by Christmas.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Another really strange thing (at least strange to me) is that I heard (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) that both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 will be losing money on each console sale. The guts inside each system basically cost more than the price of the console. The Wii is the only system that is making a small profit when they sell a system. I would guess that means Sony must be making its money back on the video games that they sell. But I really don't know the inside details.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Another really strange thing (at least strange to me) is that I heard (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) that both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 will be losing money on each console sale. The guts inside each system basically cost more than the price of the console. The Wii is the only system that is making a small profit when they sell a system. I would guess that means Sony must be making its money back on the video games that they sell. But I really don't know the inside details.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by zerotime]

Yeah The Xbox 360 and the Xbox make money on the games. I guess so does the PS3. Plus Sony bought even more chips but they had to downgrade it because it didn't work or something. That's wht they don't tell you. I mean PS3 still has one of those proccessor things but they were going to have more. And I am suprised sony makes more money than Microsoft because they don't have that many good games or I shouldn't say that, I mean "console only" games which are always good. Xbox has A LOT of console only games. Like Advent Rising, Halo, Counter-Strike, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
For the most part this new Nintendo Wii console really does look like the big "N" has run out of ideas. The last Nintendo console I liked was the SNES. It had a fantastic library. Right now though I am enjoying my SEGA SATURN more than anything else. Games like Nights into Dreams, Last Gladiators (Best pinball simulator ever and oh so addictive), Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon 2 RPG, Galactic Attack (horizontal shooter), etc. In fact to this day I still think the Sega Saturn is the best system.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, I got a Wii and I am definitely not disappointed. I have Madden, COD3, Zelda and Monkey Ball right now. I love it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
For the most part this new Nintendo Wii console really does look like the big "N" has run out of ideas. The last Nintendo console I liked was the SNES. It had a fantastic library. Right now though I am enjoying my SEGA SATURN more than anything else. Games like Nights into Dreams, Last Gladiators (Best pinball simulator ever and oh so addictive), Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon 2 RPG, Galactic Attack (horizontal shooter), etc. In fact to this day I still think the Sega Saturn is the best system.

Have you actually tried the system? And how can you say they've run out of ideas when Sony slapped on motion sensing on their controller at the last minute? If anything Nintendo is the Creative Innovator while PS3 is the refined Snob that costs way too much.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

.....Have you actually tried the system? And how can you say they've run out of ideas when Sony slapped on motion sensing on their controller at the last minute? If anything Nintendo is the Creative Innovator while PS3 is the refined Snob that costs way too much.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by sardion2000]

They told the public about it at the last minute, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned the whole time. So what if the Wii has motion sensing controllers as well, i guess sony stole the idea for putting a hard drive into their system from microsoft. Oh yeah, that graphics card did come from Nvidia, so they must've stole that from PCs.

Nintendo (I'm assuming you meant the Wii) is the creative innovator (I still don't understand why you capitalized that) while PS3 is the refined snob (not sure why you capitalized snob either) that costs too much. First of all, the only thing innovative about the Wii is the controller.

You say the PS3 is overpriced and not innovative? Sony is losing upwards of $300 on each system they sell, so the price is very reasonable, could you imagine how much a computer would cost that has what the PS3 has and also uses blu-ray? You're going to spend around $500 or $600 just on a graphics card that can display in 1080P quality high def. Let's not forget about the processor, you're probably going to need a dual core to handle all of that info, so already you are upwards of what you are paying for a PS3. You can make the PS3 the center for gaming, movies, music, pictures, it has optical output for surround sound. If you've seen the smash my PS3 video, you will know that they are built like tanks.

I don't care what people will call me, call me a fanboy it doesn't matter. If it were flipped and nintendo was the one with the console like the PS3 and Sony had made something like the Wii, then I would be for nintendo. I have a PS2, an Xbox, a Gamecube, a PSP, and a PC (not all of that belongs to me, but it is in the same house) so i've played it all. I've even played Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3, and in my opinion the PS3 is the best. Not everyone feels this way obviously, but that's my opinion.

and no the Wii is not dumb to answer the op. Just because it's limited in the technology that's in it doesn't make it dumb.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Gamecube was a disappointment. So is the Wii. If I was Jay Leno I could make SO MANY jokes about it. For example a young kid would say: I am going to go play with my Wii Wii. That just sounds wrong lol. Or if a young kid said: Mommy I have to go Wii, the mom would give him his console and then the kid would pee all over the place. Dumb name. Bad name nintendo. Bad name.

LOL!! good one!

Yes, this is the most ridiculous sytem i've ever seen.

I hate the controls, i couldn't imagine playing a game like that, it just looks so ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Gamecube was a disappointment. So is the Wii. If I was Jay Leno I could make SO MANY jokes about it. For example a young kid would say: I am going to go play with my Wii Wii. That just sounds wrong lol. Or if a young kid said: Mommy I have to go Wii, the mom would give him his console and then the kid would pee all over the place. Dumb name. Bad name nintendo. Bad name.

LOL!! good one!

I hate the controls, i couldn't imagine playing a game like that, it just looks so ridiculous.

oh?...
www.ibtimes.com...
interesting...with 1 million launch consoles, a lot less PR than the ps3, and a supposedly smaller fan base than either of it's two console rivals, nintendo still managed to sell out their initial batch of launch consoles...
you know, even if you couldn't imagine it, doesn't mean no one else can.

me personally, i will not be getting a wii until late Jan-early Feb. although nintendo is known for having reliable lunch hardware, apparently, there are still a few kinks to work out:
www.joystiq.com...

though joystiq has it wrong--it's not a complete 'fatal' error, it just means that you can't go online if your hardware is affected by this. you will still be able to play games. even though nintendo's costumer service has offered to fix this free of charge, i'd just rather not go through the whole process...

meanwhile, over in Sonyland territory:
www.joystiq.com...
...sony did indeed miss their launch target of 400k consoles for north america, and it seems that they continue to have issues manufacturing the ps3 en masse, to a point where it looks like they will miss another launch window...again...
ouch.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

LOL!! good one!

Since when did gaming become about how you look while playing it? That's like saying you should wear clothes that look good even if you feel like you're wearing a porcupine rather than the hyper comfortable but "ridiculous" looking clothes.

You see I respect 7Pan7cho7 because even though we disagree on which console is the best, he was smart enough to go out and play the systems, and then give some very rational reasons as to why he doesn't like the Revolution.

As for me, I'm pretty secure in who I am and I honestly can't wait to give each of the next-gen consoles a try.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

They told the public about it at the last minute, that doesn't mean it wasn't planned the whole time.

Then why did they announce it a year after Nintendo did?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join