It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Gemwolf Goes Blogging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

PODcast: Gemwolf Goes Blogging
A ramble about Blogs, Blogger friends and popularity

length: 16:59
file: btstpod_1937.mp3
size: 2986k
feed: btst

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I do love to listen to you ramble on in your lovely South African accent...really. I am a fan of accents in general but yours is so thick and rich... like real whipped cream.

It is worth pondering though, as you point out ATS not really being as gung ho about the blogs...

It's all trial and error huh? Chalk it up to the "it seemed like a good idea at the time" mentality

Admittedly...I too enjoy the blogs. PODcasts are fun to listen to, but there is a lot to be said about the value of text...if it's realtively well written...like CiCi's blog...or Sempers'...(there are more but I'm tired and can't recall names...
)... now see if ATS still had the "Most recent Blog Entries" listed on their main page (the title remains but the updated links are non-existant) I could tell you...

Then you have blogs like mine...I am fairly certain that if they could (or would) moderate the blogs mine'd be toasted...just for being flaky, pointless and occasionally graphic... and rather boring.

Oh well...I'll enjoy the blogging so long as they offer it and if it is destined to die a slow death so be it. We always have PODcasting or the forums.

555-getalife? You are too damn funny you know!

I agree about Yar...I listened to his PODcasts and I swear I could hear him BUZZING...the guy obviously has some secret store of energy somewhere...he exudes energy. And he's clearly brilliant as well...

Anyway it's all good Gem...popularity and fame...like looks and brain cells...are terribly fleeting. It's a fickle world...and full of bigger, better and newer.

Here's to rambling!!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
To rambling!

(new Ypod should be up in about 1 hour...)

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hey, Gemwolf! Is this your first PODcast? If so, welcome to PODspace! I love your accent and I think you did a great job!

Very interesting to hear more about you and I hope you continue.

I'm not a blogger, but I have popped in to read a few from time to time. It's very interesting stuff. I don't have time and I'm too private to put myself out there like that. ATS is my one Internet vice and I really don't want to take on another.

And... you are as cool as you think you are.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I just listened to your Podcast.
Great job, it's not something I could do because I would get stuck in doing retakes over and over until I got it right. A voice says so much more about a person than just written text.

Though fame and recognition has never been something I've strived for, It's always nice to get an applause for the posts I place on ATS, so I see your point there.
I must admit that I've never read any of the blogs on these boards, but I will be checking out yours now that I've heard your podcast.

It was kinda neat to hear the voice behind the person I've been communicating with over the last few month.

I'll be watching for your next podcast instalment.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Thanks for all the kind responses guys.

@ JustGeneric

Surely you are the queen of rambling. You should give lessons.
I agree. I'll stick to the blogging community as long as they're putting out the good stuff and the friendly faces.

@ Yarium

You actually listened? Damn. You weren't supposed to hear me call you weird.
I'll go look for that Ypod just after this...

Ramble ramble ramble.

@Benevolent Heretic

Well, it’s my first "official" PODCast. I've tried several before, by they're always too big or not allowed by the ATS rules and regulations. But I think I've got the hang of it, and seeing that so many people actually listened to it and give their support, I've got more than enough reason to give another one.

You'll find that many, if not most, ATS Bloggers don't actually talk about their personal lives. Many, myself included, would ramble on and on about completely random stuff. One thing is sure, the content of most ATS blogs is top notch!

And thanks for the cool thing... I'll give you the bribe behind the school yard as agreed...

@ Anx'd

Thanks once again for your support. Whenever I see you reply to a post, I'm sure to leave the thread feeling better about myself...

Actually my first couple of tries, I would spend 5 minutes talking and half an hour editing and re-doing it. But after doing that for hours, I just gave up, and went with it. If I knew this many people is going to listen to it, I would've done at least some editing...

I would love to hear your voice on a PODCast as well, so do just one. For me. Pretty please... *** Insert puppy-eyed smiley here ***

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Gemwolf,

I'm not even finished listening and just wanted to say Thank You, for an Excellent podcast as well as a peak into that which makes a Gemwolf.

... still not sure where the pug tendencies come into play.

Again,
Thanks for the contribution and insight. I look forward to future efforts.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well, thank you 12m8keall2c. I've got my next PODCast all worked out (in my head)... And hopefully it will be up soon (and hopefully a lot better than this one...)

But you do mention a very important point: I've left the pug out of my PODcast...! It's a disgrace, so next time, the P-cast will be more puggish...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Excellent PODCast! I'm sitting in my living room, feet propped up on the desk, enjoying one of my favorite beers, and it's almost as if your sitting over on my couch.... Your PODCast was so relaxed and enjoyable to listen to. I had a big laugh at the end when you said you couldn't remember what you had been talking about. If that's not a clue that you were rambling, I don't know what is!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

PODcast: Gemwolf Goes Blogging (reply 1)
I loved your first cast my friend, welcome to the podcasting family.

length: 03:13
file: btstpod_1951.mp3
size: 567k
feed:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
@DCFusion
I can imagine that you need a whole lot of beer (or any other alcohol) to fully enjoy and comprehend my voice...

I think I should also proclaim myself kind of Rambling...

@MrWupy
Thank you (and thank you for you know what
)!
You are of course right. This is far from a popularity contest. (But is there any harm in being all competitive about it?
)

new topics

top topics

join