It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Anti-Muslim Cartoons Drawn By Danish Activists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Danish People's Party activists have done it again, they have taken the liberty to draw more cartoons of the prophet Muhammed, This time showing the prophet riding a camel with beer bottles as humps according to reports from a film made by a Danish Television station.

www.allheadlinenews.com
Denmark (AHN)- Even though they have not yet fully recovered from the economic and political implications of last year's publication by a newspaper of a series of cartoons which were condemned in the Islamic world for mocking the Prophet Muhammad, the Danes have done it again.

Danish People's Party activists were filmed by a Danish television station at a summer camp, drinking, singing and taking part in a contest to draw images of Muhammad, including one depicting the Prophet as a camel with beer bottles as humps.

When a cartoon was first published last year of Muhammad with a bomb in his turban appeared in a Danish newspaper it sparked off riots, not only in Islamic countries, but also in parts of Europe with large muslim populations. An economic boycott of Danish products was also proclaimed by many Muslim nations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be interesting to see how the Muslim community reacts to this latest set of cartoons given the overkill reaction from the last set of cartoons, if nothing happens then it could prove that the overreaction from the Muslim community from the previously published cartoons was politically motivated reaction to manipulate the treatment of muslims by the world community. If the reaction is the same we shall see more blood shed from the Islamic extremists.

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.islam-online.net

[edit on 10-10-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The film wasn't made by the Danish Television station, they were only showing it. It was an amateur video. The danish prime minister has condemned the behaviour of Danish People's Party (youth) activists, but the leader of the Danish People's Party has not condemned it.

Did You Think The Cartoon War Was Over?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Muslims who go overboard about this kind of thing need to be more TOLERANT of other people and their beliefs, they are so intolerant of any other religion (at least some of them), that they condemned when the US and the rest of the UN were in Saudi Arabia just because their were Christian's on Saudi soil.

This is ridiculous, everybody has their own opinion about various subjects and should be allowed to voice them freely, (as long as they are only voiced and without violence), without the threat of bodily harm.

If it is only words or drawings, what is the harm?

Are they afraid that people of their religion might convert to another religion?

In the US and alot of other countries, people of different religions can all get along peacefully, but how come Muslim countries seem to have the hardest time just getting along with their own countrymen of the same or similar religion. It might be a bad example, but look at how Iraq was under Saddam's reign.

How can they ask anybody to respect their religion when they claim "Jihad" and the right to kill anybody in the name of their religion because of slander against their religion or being critical or analyzing their beliefs? Why do they think their religion tells them to commit murder? And how many other religions call for "Fatwah" or the death of another high religious figure just because of words by that religious figure? Does any other religion claim to have the right to kill ANYBODY because they might have insulted their religion?

What makes their religion more powerful, better, or more righteous than others?

I'm sorry, I have grown up where people are tolerant and allow other people to believe in a higher power any way they want to as long as you don't interfere with anybody else's rights to do the same. If they don't have the same beliefs as you do, and they say so, so what, live and let live.

[edit on 10/10/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
keyhole,What makes their religion more powerful, better, or more righteous than others? nothing, just that fanatasisim is the driving force because they realize that the media will grab hold of there story if it is accompanied by violence and blood shed, this gives them a voice.

I wonder if they would riot, hijack, suicide bomb, kiddnap, in general terrorize if there were no media to cover it?

But that's not the whole problem ethier because their religion by it's nature cannot co-exisit with other religions, we see the way other religions are treated in muslim dominated countries, what makes us think that we can somehow appease these people without converting to their religion?? the answer to this problem is forthcoming in a world war.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Many muslims have not seen the original cartoons from last year because their religion forbids them to do so. They could only rely on information given to them by their religious leaders. Much of that information was false. Many muslims may still believe that the danish prime minister ordered a Mohammed-with-a-pig-snout cartoon to be printed in the danish state-owned newspaper. None of which was true. No pig snout picture was ever printed in any danish newspaper, the PM did certainly not order it, and the newspaper is not even state-owned. So there's your conspiracy. All this talk about freedom of speech (which make sense, but was not the actual case) and refusal to appologise (for something they didn't do) just added to the confusion. I think all this confusion was deliberate and they managed to devide the people. And by having confused non-muslims (who did not see what was actually going on) demanding the Prime Minister to appologise for some (pretty harmless) cartoons made the muslims believe even more of the lies. And all of this of course made the freedom of speech group of people shake their heads even more from the crazy behaviour by the fanatical muslims (burning flags and embassies). So, there...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Who's to blame for the stupid cartoon war?

People from both sides who are fueling the flames, knowingly or unknowingly.

edit to add:
I do believe in freedom of speech. And religious leaders should not have so much power over people.

[edit on 2006/10/10 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So most Muslims are getting mad at what they are being told? Not what they've seen, or read?
Then it would seem, that instead of war we need to start a "Radio Free Islam" ?
Not to espouse our view, but just to let them see both sides.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I do seem to recall that the Islamic community had a cartoon contest of their own sometime back, "whats good for the goose is good for the gander" anyway, It's OK for them to make cartoons but not anyone else.

Interesting about that pig-snout cartoon hellmutt, I never heard of that before, but then again I never saw any of the original cartoons.

I looked but could not find a single pic. they must have been in lock-down because of all the controversy, can you believe it!! a bunch of cartoons being censored.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Interesting about that pig-snout cartoon hellmutt, I never heard of that before, but then again I never saw any of the original cartoons.

The danish imams were touring the middle east with a bad-quality, black & white version of this photo, when they were presenting their "case". It turned out to be an actual photo of an innocent french guy performing at a pig squeeling contest. I have no idea where the imams got that photo, or whether they made it all up themselves...

You should take a look at this thread. It's a long thread, but I bet you'll learn a lot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2006/10/11 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thanks hellmutt, thats hilarious looks more like saddam hussien in a pig suit than anything else.
It remindes me of how saddam has been acting in court lately.

anyway I'll read that thread later, lots of info there I bet, I must have missed that thread although I dont know how given the size of it.

Hellmutt did you or anyone happen to see the original cartoons that cause all that ruckus before? just curious.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Hellmutt did you or anyone happen to see the original cartoons that cause all that ruckus before? just curious.

Yes, I've seen the 12 original cartoons which were published in the privately owned newspaper Jyllandsposten. There was only one of the cartoons which might be considered as "offending" by non-fanatical muslims imo, and that was the bomb-in-the-turban cartoon. That cartoon was no reason to start a war, boycot countries, burning flags, churches and embassies. There was even people that were killed in some of the riots! Now, that's crazy! And some of the demonstrators had banners reading "Freedom of speech, go to hell!" and "Death to those who say that Islam is violent!". If it was a comedy-show it would have been funny, but this was for real!

Last night the Danish embassy in Teheran, Iran, was attacked with at least 20 molotov coctails. Because of some drunken teenagers in Denmark, poking fun at Mohammed at their own private party, filmed with a candid camera and shown by a tv-station which is not owned by the Danish state as someone has claimed. Rumours and lies once again make people go crazy.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Danish People's Party activists have done it again, they have taken the liberty to draw more cartoons of the prophet Muhammed,

It's an expression of free speech. We should only stop drawing rude, funny pictures of Mohammed when they stop bombing buildings and killing Christians all for the sake of Allah. That sounds like a fair trade now doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

Danish People's Party activists have done it again, they have taken the liberty to draw more cartoons of the prophet Muhammed,

It's an expression of free speech. We should only stop drawing rude, funny pictures of Mohammed when they stop bombing buildings and killing Christians all for the sake of Allah. That sounds like a fair trade now doesn't it?

I was just reporting the facts, "fair and balanced" nowhere did I state that I thought they should stop, only if they want to live.

For their own good maybe they should stop,
they have had their lives threatened for drawing these pics, I just wish I could see some of them so I could make up my own mind how bad they are.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
To recapture the original cartoon row let's go back to September 2005, almost 4 months before the crises broke.

It all started by a Danish author complaining to Jyllands Posten about difficulties finding an artist to illustrate a book, he was about to publish. Its subject was the prophet Muhammed. It was an educational book for children, so it was all sober and factual, but xenophobia runs high in Denmark. The dirty trick comes in, when his complains spurred the editors of the newspaper, the most rightwing and largest in Denmark, to invite magazine cartoonists to depict the prophet at their own choice. The result was the 12 now famous but little seen images. They were published in the paper in late September whithout causing much alarm.

To understand the development that followed must be pointed out, that this newspaper really is a hardliner, still remembered for its unconditional support to Nazi-Germany until the last few month of the war where the tide changed. Further today it is said to have close connections to the US neo-cons. Some even sees a conspiracy coinciding in their efforts to destabilize ethnic and religious communities. As the initial publication didn't cause the furore expected, someone started to fax them around to Muslim organisations in Denmark, and that in turn caused the local imans to send a delegation to the caliph in Cairo, who brought it up on a political plane.

Through the proper diplomatic channels, the 11 Muslim ambassadors to Denmark now asked for an immediate meeting with the PM, Anders Fogh Rasmussen. It was in the begining of December, and it seems to be a little known fact, that this was what caused the crises to break - he refused to meet the representives for all the Muslim world. Very, very stupid, but he blamed it on a tight schedule and besides we had freedom of speech and an independent press outside government control. The real irony is, that the PM is also minister of the press. Unfortunately he's stubborn beyond any sense, an ideological hardliner without any tactic sense at all. He is more than plain stupid, a fact the further development so clearly showed. Many consider him a constitutional perpetrator, as the incident with the ambassadors was kept inside the State Department and not reported to the parliament, as it should/not necessary should depending on constitutional interpretations. The press and the parliament didn't know of any crises before the boycots were established and demonstrations broke.

His great examples are Bush and Blair, like them he's an advocate for a disgraceful alliance in an unlawful war. He is smart and slick and a crook, just like they are. This time though he seems to have learned the lesson, having clearly condemned the delinquent juveniles from Danish Peoples Party.

Pia Kaersgaard, the party leader, declines from condemning anything or speak about the episode at all. Her party is semifascist and sadly enough the second largest in Denmark, but due to their attitudes not [yet] fitted for the drawing-room. Never the less they are a decisive factor in Danish politics. As the two government parties are in minority, they are dependent on her votes. In that way she has the final say on any bill passed. Needless to say she twists laws in a populistic and xenophobic directions, thus given Denmark laws on the brink of what's acceptable within the boundaries of international conventions concerning human rights and discrimenation. She is the one reason something is rotten in the State of Denmark. Believe me I know, I come from there.

Finally I would like to post a link some have asked for, which I for the sake of Danish property abroad not really can reveal the nature of.

And oh yes, the author who started it all by his complaints had tremendous succes when his book came out. Unnoticed by the Muslim world, they had to reprint it 5 times the first month it was out.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

I was just reporting the facts, "fair and balanced" nowhere did I state that I thought they should stop, only if they want to live.

For their own good maybe they should stop,
they have had their lives threatened for drawing these pics, I just wish I could see some of them so I could make up my own mind how bad they are.

It would be nice to see if they are the Nazis some folk have already judged them to be.But still, the Muslims should just laugh it off. They can't take any criticism. Sure they judge themselves to be better then us "infidels" yet when we criticise their religion, we're told we're racists, which is a bit of a double standard if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
oh would this be equal to calling Bush the devil and then merrycans cry for assasination of that person?...

....or is it worse

i dont care much for religion, but i still wouldnt do things to offend peoples religious ideals however silly i might think they are....go offend that nazi danish queen you morans

new topics

top topics

join