It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries in the Tuscon Mountains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I've been looking at the ATS boards for a long time but have never posted. I was just reading ths interesting story that was linked through www.forteantimes.com to this site HERE there are a number of myterious goings on in this story but what interested me the most was the section on 'Doorway to the Gods'. What do you guys think? I was wondering if any one had heard of this before or if anyone lived in the area? Look forwad to hearing what you all have to say!!

Grim

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well,what little I read of it, it seems to be a place of earth energy. There are certain places in the world like stonehenge, Giza and others that have an energy surrounding them. Most people refer to it as Ley grids or lines.

The earth, being positioned as it is in the universe is a conduit for cosmic energies to enter it. These energies enter through the absulcarum synctorium of the earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. I've read a bit about Ley lines before and find it an interesting subject. I wish that he would reveal the location of this site so that it can be explored and documented; unfortuntely since I live in England I doubt I'll ever get to go visit

I find the fact that the stories of the site date from the 1800's right up to present day very fascinating.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well,what little I read of it, it seems to be a place of earth energy. There are certain places in the world like stonehenge, Giza and others that have an energy surrounding them. Most people refer to it as Ley grids or lines.

Ah yes ley lines
those mysterious lines of ancient power that can only be detected by half senile old folks with a bent twig
People really should take that sort of thing more seriously
after all its just as valid as the loch ness monster or things that go bump in the night

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Also note that animals seek out the "just right" spot to lay down for a nap. Every whached your pet walk about a room to find that perfect place?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Also note that animals seek out the "just right" spot to lay down for a nap. Every whached your pet walk about a room to find that perfect place?

if you lift up the floorboards at that spot you'll find the hot water pipes

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Lol at Marduk!!!

Strange story though, maybe thats all it is! The guy has got one hell of an imagination if it is!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've been looking at the story to see if there are any hints in it that might determine the location of the site. In the story he mentions that he is telling this story because the "Tucson Electric Power Company plans on building a 345,000-watt high-voltage transmission line from Tucson to Nogales" after searcing the internet I found the Tuscon Electric Power company's website which details the route the propsed line is going to take HERE. From other clues in the story he mentions that the site is located near a canyon. If you look on google earth the only area that this could be (according to the map and the fact that it should be near a canyon) is on the bottom section of the line in the mountainous area west of the river. Unfortunately as with all the areas you want to see on google they are either blocked out or of very poor resolution; in this case the area is of the latter.

Does any know where some good quality aerial photos can be found? Or anybody know the area?

[edit on 10/10/06 by GrimUK]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You must close the portal to oblivion!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimUK
I've been looking at the story to see if there are any hints in it that might determine the location of the site. In the story he mentions that he is telling this story because the "Tucson Electric Power Company plans on building a 345,000-watt high-voltage transmission line from Tucson to Nogales" after searcing the internet I found the Tuscon Electric Power company's website which details the route the propsed line is going to take HERE. From other clues in the story he mentions that the site is located near a canyon. If you look on google earth the only area that this could be (according to the map and the fact that it should be near a canyon) is on the bottom section of the line in the mountainous area west of the river. Unfortunately as with all the areas you want to see on google they are either blocked out or of very poor resolution; in this case the area is of the latter.

Does any know where some good quality aerial photos can be found? Or anybody know the area?

Are you using Google maps or the Google Earth program? Sometimes one or the other will give a clearer map. Also, I've found that using Google maps and switching between map mode, satellite mode, and hybrid mode at different distance levels can eventually get you a good view.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've looked on both. Unfortuntaley the area in question only has one of those low resolution images where you can only zoom in so far and the images just get more pixelated

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"if you lift up the floorboards at that spot you'll find the hot water pipes" not if your house is built on a concrete slab or the animal is outside or it's 95 degrees in summer

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I can't but help think you are now moving the goalposts
this is what you originally said

Also note that animals seek out the "just right" spot to lay down for a nap. Every whached your pet walk about a room to find that perfect place

Now all of a sudden its summer and the animal is outside

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Interesting, I'm not too far away, i should go check it out. Anybody have any more clues to exactly where it is?

If i go and get sent back to the past, i'll send you guys a message. If i go into the future, well, uhh, see ya suckas!

I've been thinking of heading out that way in a few weeks anyways just to camp, i'll keep an eye out.

I have seen lots of strange lights in that direction behind the mountains looking from the east, and once in a while there's a strange atmospheric event that causes a perfect reflection of the mountain ranges over the horizon in the sky upside don, it's amazing to see mountains float in the sky.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I used to live in Arizona and did a lot of exploring in the Superstion Mtns and there are some of the same kind of stories there. Also very good.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Did a bit of map consulting, you think it would be so obvious that they'd call it Mt Diablo and Diablito? ("devil and "little devil") It's right in the area described.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Interesting, I'm not too far away, i should go check it out. Anybody have any more clues to exactly where it is?

If i go and get sent back to the past, i'll send you guys a message. If i go into the future, well, uhh, see ya suckas!

I've been thinking of heading out that way in a few weeks anyways just to camp, i'll keep an eye out.

Dood, good luck if you go! Don't forget to take your camera and take some good quality piccies for all of us unfortunate enough not to be able to get there

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I know this is rather an "Old" Topic Thread, but as I live in "Tu'c'son AZ." I thought I'd weigh in for some "Background" to help YOU understand Tucson AZ. K? Tucson is an ancient city started by the Anasazi Hohokam Indians who were farmers along a corridor basically between Tucson & Phoenix AZ.. There are many ruin cites from invasions believed from Mexicos' ancient Indians. This drove these peoples into the "Cliff Dwellings" in northern AZ. & into the mountains surrounding Tucson. Tucson sits in a "Bowel" shaped valley that slants from the S.E. down to the West edge of the Valley at the Base of the Tucson Mtns.. The Santa Catalina Mtns. are the North edge, the Rincon Mtns. are the East edge, the Santa Rita Mtns. are the Southern edge & theTucson Mtns. are the Western edge of the Valley. The Tucson Mtns. are the smallest of the group & it is here along the Eastern edge of the Mtns. that a Large "Wash" (dry river bed except during 'Monsoon Season') runs north towards Phoenix, AZ.. In 40+ years out here I have climbed every inch of these Mtns. around Tucson & it didn't take long to do the Tucson Mtns. as they are really very small. There used to be a Natural Lake to their East across from the "Rillito Wash" in what is now Downtown Tucson until an Earthquake apparently "Fractured" something underground draining it permanently. YOU speak of a "Canyon" that I'm sorry to say doesn't exist. The Tucson Mtns. kinda run E./W. & are Volcanic. This Entire Valley & Mtn. System is FILLED WITH MINERALS of All Types!!! We are world renowned for our Huge Copper Deposits & Mines to get to them. Our mining is "Open Pit" & the "Rare Earth Elements" dug up while after the "Copper", pay for all the Operations so the Copper is a "Bonus"!!! Due South of the Tucson Mtns. are Uranium & Copper Mines, due North a large "Flood Plane". So I'm sorry to say there is no "Canyon" in the area. As far as the Convergence lines etc. YOU may be right, there are certainly enough Minerals in the area, but "Red Rocks" north of Phoenix, AZ. is where more "Activity" occurs & is "Commercially Promoted" (Yanni @ the Red Rocks Concert?). This IS a "One of a Kind" place & if "Planned Out" YOU could spend years as I have here never seeing Everything!!! So come if YOU can & "Read Up" by Any Means Possible!!!

NOTE: I have been a Licensed Amateur Radio Operator by the F.C.C. for 38 years & have used the WELL ACCEPTED SPELLING of "U" (..- in C.W.) for the Word "YOU" BEFORE the "New TEXT Messaging Craze" had even been though of & find (as YOU do) many Abbreviations an Unacceptable Substitute for knowing how to SPELL!!! However the "U" Abbreviation IS Unmistakable & Saves Space. I guess another example of "One 'Bad Apple' Spoiling the WHOLE Barrel"???

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I grew up in California and when I was in my 20s - I was "called" to live in Tucson! I literally felt it in my soul. I had never been to Tucson but somehow I knew I needed to go there.

I flew down there to check out the University of Arizona, more to appease the discomfort of moving somewhere I'd never been, rather than interest in the school.

It is an amazingly spiritual place. I met many, many people during my 5 years there who felt the same way I had: that they had been called to live there.

I don't know of anything specific about the mountains around Tucson except there are a lot of ancient native american spiritual sites around.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
yet another mysterious hotspot location I will find and post on.... who would like to see the pictures of the arch and I'm fairly sure I know where its located. Besides being the first to post the location of Skinwalker ranch, Evans Ranch, and other famous paranormal hotspots, I am planning an expedition there to take photos and exclusive proof of the true arch's existence. I have a feeling there are some false arches in the area.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join