It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU 'has to slash business rules'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Dutch and Danish governments have issued a forceful plea for the European Union to adopt an aggressive policy on cutting red tape.
The Dutch finance and Danish business ministers say they are alarmed by the slow pace of EU bureaucratic reform.

Read more: news.bbc.co.uk...

At last, finally some nations understand the importance of reform. After all, overregulation is one of the two causes of the stagnation of EU economy. The question is: will the EC do what it's asked to do, or will it keep issuing regulations about everything from CO2 emissions to bananas?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A degree of reform is a world away from the ideal the corporations of America would love.

We'll stick to a 'body politic' that won't see us cheated at every turn or entirely enslaved to 'big business', thanks.

.......oh, and you can stick with an ever more polluted toilet if you like, we in 'Europe' prefer the alternative option of regulations and rules to minimise and stop that as much as we can, thanks once again for your concern.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
We'll stick to a 'body politic' that won't see us cheated at every turn or entirely enslaved to 'big business', thanks.

I agree absolutely but we still have to find a way to stop our rules of decency and ethics making us utterly uncompetitive against certain other economies. (yes I'm looking at you China, India et al).

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I can respect a POV that would have us address new economic realities, that's perfectly fair, right and proper.
It's a dynamic world and it makes sense to understand and adapt to change.

But we shouldn't allow silly economic ideology to blind ourselves to the truth of the matter either.

Not everything can be or should be 'out-sourced'.

Channel 4 news did a piece tonight about Bangladeshi child labour being being used to manufacture Tesco clothes
(Tescos of course claim no knowledge of this going on).
I'll post the link when it comes up on their later on website tonight.

A couple of nights back British journalists also did an excellent piece about financial data (full credit/debit card details....including the security codes found on the back of the card) being sold by the 1000 by people from Indian call centres.
link

top topics

join