It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant comet may collide with Earth late October

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Hey hang on guys. Don,t celebrate yet.. It,s still october here. I dont wanna be squished. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

heheheh

it's weird cause whenever I read your posts AGENT-T I actually hear it in my mind as crusty the clown

I must have just watched way too much Simpson

I wonder if there is any good truthisms or conspiracies about the Simpsons

ANyhoo - Oct o6 is over so no need for this thread anymore.

Anyone into setting up GIANT COMET TO STRIKE EARTH BY THE END OF NOV 06?????

LoL

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think we need to start Denying Hysteria.

I don't recall sounding (reading?) like the hysterical type in my post up above...
I merely pointed out why there seems to be archeological record of increased asteroid strikes on Earth about every 30-35 million years; To paraphrase that old Chinese curse, "We're living in interesting times."

The way I see it, if a giant asteroid is going to hit the Earth, I'm gonna die. It's not like God made our bodies to last forever anyway...

Anyone ever heard the soundtrack of Highlander music performed by Queen? It's titled, "A Kind of Magic" & one of the songs is titled, "Who Wants to Live Forever?"

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is it safe to come out of the shelter yet?
Hello
Hello
Anybody out there?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
...Nobody left but the cockroaches...They swarmed into Washington D.C. when nobody was looking...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Here it is, the 31st!

Lucky for us this man turned out to be a fraud (I hope)

Nothing to worry about-

It's now Nov 2nd-No comet,All is well.Nothing to see here folks.Go about your business until the next time we tell you to be afraid again,which will be tommorrow!! Your still hot DG!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well DG? What do you have to say for yourself young lady!??

I've been under my bed now for a couple of weeks and Im covered in dust bunnies. I hope you are happy!
*stomps off to look for that other guy that made a November 2nd doomsday thread.*

Pie

PS: I even gave you an extra 2 days leeway!!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I swear, i meant well

I wanted you all to be saved

Just think if it hadnt been for my warnings, you might all have gotten squished.

I'll look around and make sure that November is clear.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

How? If a giant asteroid does smack into the Earth, no one can be saved...All it takes is a single hunk of rock just a few measly miles in diameter to wipe out all life across the entire planet's surface.

Oh well, at least I can take this thread off of my Subscribe list...

[edit on 3-11-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, the thread is already made and will be tucked away in the anals of ATS- next time there's another scare, we can just pull this one back up and there we have it.

See? It wasnt a waste after all.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I wonder.. Just how big does a comet or meteorite have to be in order to be considered a "Planet Killer"?

I watched part of a show last night about the Shoemaker-Levy comet that broke up & collided with Jupiter back in 1994. The impact was so great that huge plumes that rose 1000 km above Jupiter's clouds. The dark scars left over after the impact were huge. The comet broke up on one pass as it got too close to Jupiter and impacted it on the next pass.
It made me think twice about plans to nuke a Near Earth object that might be on a collision course with earth. Instead on one massive object to deal with, we may have 20 or more fragments on it's next pass.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He says it may hit the planet if it continues on its current trajectory. The great thing about asteroids as that they either hit the planet or they don't; and it's easy to predict when they're as close as he claims this one to be. It's a bunch of BS! You may now return to your regularily scheduled program...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I swear, i meant well

Just think if it hadnt been for my warnings, you might all have gotten squished.

I'll look around and make sure that November is clear.

And I wanna date!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Mahmoud Abbas changed his name in 2007 as he made a journy to franch the USA and russia to expidite Bethlehem as his rule!
nice touch if he were Jesus

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join