It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea conducts nuke test

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Pepsi78 - You have the classic "left" point of view......and thats not a good thing.

All you can perceive is that Clinton is god, and Bush is the devil.

Hell, You dont even see a difference between North Korea and the US.

pepsi78
Yes, by incuraging north corea to build nukes, simply put, more sanctions more nukes.

again...Korea has a "K", not a "C"
Were Encouraging NK to build nukes by being strict with them and putting sanctions it place!!!

What would you prefer...For us to send them a fruit basket saying "good job on the nuke test....keep up the good work". Seriously, open your eyes. You damn democrats are so blinded by your hatred for Bush, that you cant even see whats best for the Country and the world!

Talk about being a hypocrite. I'm not pepsi78 and I'm not going to defend him, but read what you said (your voice) and think about what you are saying about pepsi78.

The blame game is getting old! Each Administration had their own hand in the situation, INCLUDING previous Administrations. Putting the blame on the shoulders of one Administration shows how blinded you are. It really is stupid to see someone say Clinton did it, or Bush did it. STOP THE DAMN BLAMING AND MOVE DAMN FORWARD!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

MasterRegal
but read what you said (your voice) and think about what you are saying about pepsi78.

I think you were confused, because I messup up the qouted area...its fixed now...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The blame game is getting old! Each Administration had their own hand in the situation, INCLUDING previous Administrations. Putting the blame on the shoulders of one Administration shows how blinded you are. It really is stupid to see someone say Clinton did it, or Bush did it. STOP THE DAMN BLAMING AND MOVE DAMN FORWARD!

Thank you. Yeah people put way too much blame on other people. I mentioned in another thread - hell I'm surprised people haven't blamed Truman yet. He did, afterall, fire McArther after he insisted on using the A Bomb in N Korea after the Chinese invaded. Today would be an extremely different world had that happened heh.

But guys it doesn't matter what the hell Bush and Clinton did or didn't do - we are in a dire situation now, and it almost seems that no matter what we do, something could go wrong. And noone will ever be happy with everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
open question to both the clinton supporters and detractors and the bush supporters and detractors.

does ANYONE HONESTLY believe that regardless of what we did or didnt do that NK wouldnt have built a nuke? i mean, honestly?

im being dead serious here...cuz i really think that regardless of waht we promised them or what we threatened them with or what we actually gave them, that nuclear weapons were their ultimate goal. adn i also think that they were just lookin for an excuse to light one off. our having bilateral talks wouldnt have helped. our walking away from the talks didnt hurt.

it was all going to happen soon anyway.

the leadership of NK has had serious case of "chihuahuaitis"* for the last decade. it was GOING to happen and it was GOING to happen soon.

and has anyone thought that maybe this is thier way of telling bejing "while we love your food and oil for our armies...we dont really "need" your "suggestions" in the running of our government any longer. look, we're not even afraid of the US so why would we fear you any longer? MAYBE (jsut speculating) they are trying to cut the cord to mother china? something to at least consider as theres no indication one way or the other on the matter.

*chihuahuaitis=syndrome wehre little dog thinks it is big dog. usually over low self esteem or other such feelings of inferiority, the dog not necessarily being canine.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

First of all, at least you realize he is a nutcase.

But, Clinton did just that.

back in the mid 90's he was threatening to build nukes. So Clinton gave him what he wanted so he would just be quiet. Clinton gave him nuclear technology and money and food, and all sorts of other things, which he used all of them in nefarious ways.....and what did we get in return....a promise that he would not build nuclear weapons...well, actually, all we got was a broken promise.

Bush did everything right...He gave him nothing, put sanctions in place, put NK on an "axis of evil" list, etc.

If we told him "we wont attack you", he wouldn't believe and and we would be in the same boat....He will still invest heavily in nuclear technology, and we will be duped again in a few more years when we comes out with statements that he has over a 100 nuclear tipped ICBM's pointing at the US, give me what I want, or I will push the button.

You can NEVER take the military option off of the table.

Erm, but that's just what Bush did - he took the military option off the table and then started a war in Iraq that has over-committed the US military. As for what Clinton did vs Bush - here's a link to a very good article in Slate that lays it all out. www.slate.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

MasterRegal
but read what you said (your voice) and think about what you are saying about pepsi78.

I think you were confused, because I messup up the qouted area...its fixed now...

No... no mistake, I was right about what I said.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Damocles - I dont think NK wants to break it off with China...that would mean the whole country...including Kimmy, would die of starvation.
But I think your right about North Korea's intentions...I dont think there’s a negotiation in the world that would stop them from making nukes......well, unless your far left nutjob...in which case you would just give NK nukes so the battlefield would be fair...then we can all hold hands and dance in a circle singing kumbia.

oh, and Regal...I must have a thick skull, cause I dont see what your referring to.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Damocles - I dont think NK wants to break it off with China...that would mean the whole country...including Kimmy, would die of starvation.
But I think your right about North Korea's intentions...I dont think there’s a negotiation in the world that would stop them from making nukes......well, unless your far left nutjob...in which case you would just give NK nukes so the battlefield would be fair...then we can all hold hands and dance in a circle singing kumbia.

oh, and Regal...I must have a thick skull, cause I dont see what your referring to.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Murcielago]

You know I actually agree with what you just said... so I see this as a major breakthrough.

And as for what I said before, I was calling you a hypocrite, but you should not take that personally as all humans are hypocrites. I was just calling you a hypocrite in the context of the conversation. No hard feelings?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join