It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable STS-37 Ufo (debunk this!)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have, and my mind is open. And no it does not look like no water. You guys couldn't distinguish a plane from a distance. You would probably confuse it with a dragonfly and compare pics of dragonflies and come to a conclusion that indeed it is one, even if it is a plane. I have been around ATS for a while now, I know how it works. So I will not argue with any of you. All I have to do is watch and laugh, this crap is freaking hilarious

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
I have, and my mind is open. And no it does not look like no water. You guys couldn't distinguish a plane from a distance. You would probably confuse it with a dragon fly and compare pics of dragon flies and come to a conclusion that indeed it is one, even if it is a plane. I have been around ATS for a while now, I know how it works. So I will not argue with any of you. All I have to do is watch and laugh, this crap is freaking hilarious

Good argument, you should go into politics. Ever considered the Republican Party or Fox news? I know how it works too and you have demonstrated this perfectly.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm thinking it a water droplet on the window. You can see the reflection change in the water as it rolls over the light from the earth.

I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been covered. If it is a water droplet on the window what made it roll to the right? What force made the water droplet run almost horizontally on the window after a moment of moving vertically?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I'm thinking it a water droplet on the window. You can see the reflection change in the water as it rolls over the light from the earth.

I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if this has been covered. If it is a water droplet on the window what made it roll to the right? What force made the water droplet run almost horizontally on the window after a moment of moving vertically?

I think that this is due to the fact that the camera is so close to the window so movement of the droplet is exaggerated. If you look at the cameras position in relation to the part of the shuttle to the right of the view, you can see that the camera slightly pans left and therefore the droplet moves right. If you have the time, I suggest you read the thread though.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exemplar
Yep, its clearly a perfectly spherical, insanely fast forming, reflecting, direction changing.....water vapour?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have been following this thread with interest. Hat tip to Incunabula for the efforts and to some others. I have to put this baby to bed though.

First off it is not possible for there to be any condensation in any Nasa space vehicles whatsoever due in great part to our friends at Corning. The Electro-conductive properties of the Inner Space Shuttle and Space Station windows were created to keep any and all type of moisture from their surfaces, that includes fogging,condensation or any other type of moisture you can conjure up. There never was and never will be any moisture inside any crew areas,period. The molecular separation of any extremely limited moisture is recycled into dry clean air for our space brothers and sisters up there.

So to conclude, if the water cannot be outside and cannot be inside, then what you are all looking at is extreme evidence of an intelligently controlled scouting orb.
I know some will scream to high heaven, but it is the truth no matter what logic you think you have attained in your life.

Xeros, hat tip to you too for trying to understand the complexity of what you are looking at. I have to say that you're picture is biased based on the fact that you created a blurred orb from a high resolution camera when clearly the video is not high res. In order to have presented the right type of evidence to debunk this video, you would have needed to show us the same type of resolution pic to have created the same type of orb and that's not to mention the movement of the sphere.

I hope i didn't offend anyone, but it is important to move forward as a species for evolutionary purposes.. even though some refuse to come out of the womb just yet. Peace.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Conluceo]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conluceo
There never was and never will be any moisture inside any crew areas,period.

So to conclude, if the water cannot be outside and cannot be inside

So the astronaughts aren't allowed to sweat even? They would die. Humans are 99% water (or something like that) Where does the moisture magically go? I'm sorry but the above statements by you are completely and undeniably false.

Xeros, hat tip to you too for trying to understand the complexity of what you are looking at. I have to say that you're picture is biased based on the fact that you created a blurred orb from a high resolution camera when clearly the video is not high res. In order to have presented the right type of evidence to debunk this video, you would have needed to show us the same type of resolution pic to have created the same type of orb and that's not to mention the movement of the sphere.

Thanks fot the hat tip
I unfortunately do not have lots of different cameras to test by taking photos of droplets, but I'm sure that it is replicatable on any. If anyone reading wants to try, please go ahead and post your efforts.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
First, if one wants to debunk this video it is best they do so with another video. Trying to debunk this with a photo will not help the case. The only way to clearly explain that this indeed is a water droplet, would be to make a video of a wter droplet and record how the water droplet behaves and then compare this video to the current one. Also, the conditions must be similar or the same, there must be Zero gravity and the droplet must appear out from the convection of the room. I don't think that this experiment could be done, and since it probably won't, this video falls in the category of unexplained. I don't see how anyone can make such an exteme claim with just a single pic. At least try and make a video, lets see how that works out.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt

Originally posted by Leevi

The last scene is from the STS-62 mission. STS-31 and 57 are at the beginning.
10.5 mb.

www.sendspace.com...

This video clearly show the motion of the camera tracking the motion of the sphere.
Look when the sphere changes direction at time 1:05 it matches when the background changes direction (i.e. the camera moves) exactly.

For those of you that still believe that what we're seeing in these videos is something other than a drop of water on the window in front of the camera. Carefully look at the video clip quoted above beginning at the specified time. The camera movements are evidenced by the background image (the earth) moving.

The camera (and droplet) are moving first to the right, then left, then upwards.

How to you explain the movement of the "UFO" and background being synchronized?

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Originally posted by HooHaa
If that is the case then where is the condensation or fog left behind on the window? oh it just consolidated into a perfect drop in the amount of time he took to breath on the window and grab the camera for the shot.

I highly doubt its water because there would be alot of other evidence to suggest this. Face it you dont know and get off the water high horse.

What evidence do you mean? It's clear to see imo.

These droplets are clearly not in focus imo. The water droplet is formed on the inside of the window by condensation. The window is closest to the cold outside, so this more likely where they will gather. Water or liquids can also adhere to surfaces in zero gravity, if they are in a small enough quantity. The droplet appears to come out of nowhere because the cameraman/woman is reajusting his/her position and thus the droplet becomes reflected by the earths radiant light as it is no longer has the blackness of space behind it.

Okay,
I've had a go at captuting a droplet on a window with my digital camera. This is may first attempt. I know that you need:-

a) No flash as this can reflect and shift the focus (you can see mine reflecting as I can't disable it, so I had to improvise by trying to block it with some cardboard.)

b) No other objects in the foreground/on the window to distract the focus (a clean window too).

c) It to be as dark as possible behind you and the camera so that there are no reflections in the window to distract the focus. (I had difficulty with this as there are only blinds in my house and no curtains.

I then tried to dismantle the camera to stop the flash, but had to make do. The camera was no more than 5 cms from the window. The window pane is part of a door in my kitchen. The droplet is in the center of the image. The stuff to the left is the flash.

comparison:-

What do you disagree with here?

Earth and Space are 2 entirely different environments so of course it is very possible that an object in space filmed on video could look like a water droplet in your living room window on earth filmed on video, I have read through this thread and to me the theory that it is a water droplet holds no more weight than the theory that it is an alien spacecraft

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
whatever happened to Matyn Stubbs?...well I have it on good authority that he joined ATS as secretnasaman, yet nobody believes me!..see thread," secretnasaman, WHY THE SECRECY?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by incunabula

LOL... I watched it. NASA needs a better camera I think. Is that really the best picture they can get? come on....
You cant put THAT out there as anything other than a really terrible, blurry blob. What is the provenence of the "footage"? I think I could do better in my garage with a handycam...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

I thought I saw every NASA video but sts-37 Is cool as hell.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by copper5661

2006 is a long time ago!

(Just so folks notice, I tend to not notice sometimes.)

As for the video, meh...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Let me see if I understand this correctly. The government says that the Roswell crash was a balloon, they spend millions of dollars on project blue book and trying to keep the public from finding out about UFOs. NASA spends years claiming that UFOs don't exist and then NASA says "Hey here's a video of a UFO for everybody to watch."

Yeah, I can see the little Gray waving from the observation window.

posted on Jun, 10 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
NASA's answer:

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Posted by James Oberg: "NASA's answer"

That has got to be the biggest NASA dumbass answer! Below is the text contained in Oberg's PDF.

STS-37 blob during EVA
Photo (end of list): www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...
Youtube of video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUryjqoSs88
And www.vtap.com...
Excited discussion on believer website:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
=================================================
August 16, 1993
Letter SN5-93-42
Dear Mr. Ratsch:
Congresswoman Helen Delich Bentley has requested that NASA respond to your letter of
May 3, 1993, regarding the unusual events that you observed during the airing of ‘Today
in space’ on January 29, 1992.
A team of scientists in the flight Science Branch reviewed your video tape of the show
‘Today in space’. They found your description of the events to be accurate, but do not
agree with your interpretation that the events represent UFOs.
The scenes in question were identified as coming from the STS-37 mission when the
Orbiter was approaching the west coast of South America. The original source of the
imagery was determined to be an astronaut-acquired 16 mm Arriflex motion picture film.
The object in question was analyzed and was determined to be a water drop on the
window.

Here's the YouTube video. Use the gear icon to select playback speed and use 0.25 and move to when "it" appears at At 16:39.

After the analysis was complete, we spoke with the STS-37 crew. The crew said that they remembered the droplet hitting the window, and added that the source of the drop was from liquid which one of the crew members was drinking.

Total bs. If a drop of liquid hit the window it would have splattered and all of the mini-droplets would have flown around. You don't see the "alleged" drop fly to the window and hit. In the video you see "it" appear from the darkness above the earth, drift to the right then make a sharp turn to the left, comes to a pause and gently rocks around. It does not remain stationary but moves and nothing else moves but the rotating earth below. The shuttle is not making it move.

2. The object is a water drop on the inner pane of one of the overhead windows on the
Orbiter flight deck.
3. The object grows larger because the camera position is moved.

The object does not grow larger, it arrives fully formed and the camera position is not moved! A liquid droplet hitting the window would not stay fully round if the liquied droplet was round to begin with.

4. The change in shape of the object may be an optical illusion, due to the water droplet
surfaces magnifying and focusing the Earth’s limb and the deep space background.
However, droplets attached to a surface, through surface tension, can change shape as a
function of air flow in the crew cabin and/or accelerations of the Orbiter.

Again, pure bs. The object did not change shape. It arrived as fully round shape. And it did not magnify anything, it's opague, not transparent as was the big water bubble an astronaut was shown having fun with, you could see the astronaut's t-shirt thru the bubble.

5. The object appears to move because the camera was moved by the astronauts.

The object just moves gently and it has nothing to do with the camera or the astronaut. How can anyone watching the video agree with this pile of manure as an explanation? And NASA wants to search for UFOs? Doesn't NASA realize that whatever is "piloting" the UAP is super-intelligent and will laugh at The Fool NASA employs for the task? Dismantle yourself, NASA stop wasting hard-earned tax payers' money!

edit on 6 11 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Normal speed….

SlowMo to 20% speed of above

At the beginning when it comes into view OR materializes….

For what it’s worth…..

————————————————————————-

The only time I have ever seen water droplets change directions is when they are on windows and windshields with high winds as it rains. They would also leave water tail streams behind them as the move across the glass and loose volume doing so.

I’m not aware of high winds in space other than solar winds…..yet the sphere changes trajectory direction with a sharp turn.

Interesting to say the least

👽🛸☕️🍩
edit on 11-6-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Does it matter that it was a hand-held camera with several astronauts jostling each other to both fly the shuttle and look out the overhead windows?

posted on Jun, 11 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The only time I have ever seen water droplets change directions is when they are on windows and windshields with high winds as it rains.

You can try another approach. On a day with no wind, put a droplet of water in the windscreen. Start the car and accelerate, turning to either left or right. The droplet will move, yet there is no wind. Or you can get your hand out of the window as your car travels at 100 Km/h on a day with no wind. You will feel the air. In essence, it suffices for you to move at high speed to feel the wind, even where there is no wind as per your description.

I guess you have the idea that if there is no atmosphere, there is no wind. This is not correct. You have intergalactic wind, interstellar wind, and planetary wind, besides the solar wind.

Anyway, your images clearly show it cannot either be a spacecraft what you are seeing, because it rocks and swings, something you won't expect in outer space because there is no friction to cause those effects. The problem of those videos is that there are so many mundane explanations that, honestly, believing they are UFOs makes no good to the UFO hypothesis in general.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join