It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ghost's point of view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I saw the other day a movie (I will not say publicly the title so I will not spoil it for anyone who sees it) where we saw the reality from the ghost's point of view.

Does anybody know anything about this?

As anyone heard about it? Are there any theories about it?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I saw the other day a movie (I will not say publicly the title so I will not spoil it for anyone who sees it) where we saw the reality from the ghost's point of view.

Does anybody know anything about this?

As anyone heard about it? Are there any theories about it?

I'm going to try not to ruin it too:

You mean the one with those three and the smaller two and the lonely one and the curtains and the creepy old lady and then "Woah! Surprise!!"

If so I love that movie. It is the best fiction work describing that possibility IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes, that is the movie I was talking about (I think), its a very good movie.

Have you ever heard something about that, not counting that movie?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Many times paranormal researchers give you that point of view in one way or another. Especially as it concerns phenomena that stay attached to a given place - which was heavily hinted at in that movie in both the cases of the wife and husband (if it is the same movie). The most interesting part in that movie is how the proposal they offer really fits into the sort of perception that is at least more common (especially in that final bit where everything is unravelled - brilliantly done in my opinion).

Many times I've heard of hauntings that stick to one given place repeating certain actions - for example closing or openning doors, turning on certain lights, moving certain pieces of furniture back to a specific location. I think the movie tries to approach these cases and offer the other side of it - and in a plausible way. (If, of course, one admits that these cases are in fact ghosts
)

I don't know much about these kind of phenomena though - others here will probably know how to answer your question best.

EDIT to add:

Also, in the cases where physical attacks or chaotic/aggressive behavior are reported it could be also said that the ghost is just as scared?
It is of course speculation though on a subject that is already obscure itself.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Could you u2u me the title of this film as id like to watch it
'what dreams may come' is a brilliant film btw if youve not seen this.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Why the secrecy over the title of the movie? You've already given away the twist to the plot. The movie is called "The Others" with Nicole Kidman. It was made in 2001.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Why the secrecy over the title of the movie? You've already given away the twist to the plot.

I was just assuming that if I could talk about the movie and answer the question posed without actually revealing the name of the movie any member that hasn't seen it and read this wouldn't know it was the movi we were talking about whilst seeing it. Like... I can say "I saw a movie where a guy dies in the end", harmlessly I think but if I go "I saw the movie [insert name] and character [insert name] dies in the end", there's bound to be someone going, "Oh... thanks...
"

Sorry if I sounded silly doing it.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hey - SPILL! You won't ruin it if you tell us the title of the movie.

Tell me the title, I'll rent the movie, then I'll tell you if that's about right or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That movie was great! Very well done and what a surprise twist at the end. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

I think it's hard to comment on the movie because until we die, we'll never know the truth. I suppose its possible, but it was actually a pretty grim outlook. I'm hoping there's more to "life" after death than that.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
While you're at it, write a review.
Hahahahahaha

[edit on 9-10-2006 by sdrawkcab]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I love movies that have the crazy twist that blows your mind. The Sixth Sense was one. Another really good one is The Skeleton Key with Kate Hudson. I won't give away the details but that one rocks!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Why the secrecy over the title of the movie?

I never know what other people think, so I try to avoid situations where I could upset someone by saying something as easily unsaid as the name of a movie.

I love movies that have the crazy twist that blows your mind. The Sixth Sense was one. Another really good one is The Skeleton Key with Kate Hudson. I won't give away the details but that one rocks!

I see we have that in common, I also liked those movies.

new topics

top topics

join