It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Outraged Over New U.S. Nickel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"Scrappleface. News fairly unbalanced. We report. You decipher."

That is a total scream! I'm bookmarking that site!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Flinx just saved me from retiring again.

I was so worried that this was a 3 page thread of french bashing by people who didnt even read the article. (Or did and are a little thick)

Even still, interesting to see everyone fly off the handle and call the french petty when Congress(Or the whitehouse?) banned French Fries because the french wouldnt back them on Iraq.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Even still, interesting to see everyone fly off the handle and call the french petty when Congress(Or the whitehouse?) banned French Fries because the french wouldnt back them on Iraq.

I was going to mention that, but I figured the double standard wouldn't register with some people....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I take it the French thing was a joke? I didnt even bother to read the article... on one hand it seemed to crazy to be true....on the other hand it seemed to crazy to be made up.
Skadi- so what WAS the U.S. supposed to do after the Gulf War? NOT enforce UN sanctions? Just forgive Saddam for invading Kuwait? Dont you think that at least a LITTLE blame lies with him for not complying and thus keeping those sanctions going?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
(2003-11-08) -- France today lodged a formal complaint at the United Nations over the new design of the U.S. nickel. The reverse of the new nickel commemorates the bicentennial of the 1803 Louisiana Purchase, when the U.S. bought 800,000 square miles of French territory for four cents an acre.

www.scrappleface.com...

FU** the FRANCH!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Freedom Fries 4ever!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Annoy the French with a nickel?

Imagine how much we Brits piss them off when they get off the train at the end of the Channel Tunnel at a station called "Waterloo".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join