It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Outraged Over New U.S. Nickel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebird
Well the french dont wanna blame themselves for the mistake. blame Nepolian he the one who sold it in desperation because he was loosing the 100yr. war

Um....no. The 100 year war was a few hundred years before that.

edit: 1300s to be exact.

[Edited on 11/8/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oops my fault
sometimes my brain slipps me its late and too much partying

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
LOL

This is pretty good stuff right here! I can't believe they'd complain about that.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Breaking News:

France outraged at the content of Nerdling MP3 collection.

French authorities tonight released a press statement attacking the MP3 choices of Mr Nerdling, the french government claims to be infuriated that J'taime had been recieving a higher play rate than La Marseillaise, An emergency meeting of the security council in new york delivered a unanimous verdict of "stfu" and passed a resolution making it illegal for the french to be let out of france.

The Aircraft carrier Foch is in the region of Nerdlings house and is believe to be readying itself to conduct a unilateral military action on "le arrogant crumpet eater"

Spokesmen for Nerdling have been unavailable to comment but were seen laughing their asses off at the french and their poor excuse of a President who has been dubbed "Atomic Jack: Les Pyromaniac" by Nerdling and his band of merry men.

While it remains unclear if France will back down, who really cares if they do, massive amounts of military force that have journeyed from all over the world are gathering along the french borders and coast ready to finally get rid of the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

***Update***

France Destroyed: World overjoyed
A momentous occasion for the world today as the dawn of a new era commences, with the complete destruction of france a new era of world peace has ensued, everyone likes everyone and we can actually get decent wine now.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Is there anyone on this website who doesn't hate France?? Anyone at all walking and not riding the mindless French-hating bandwagon?

i dont hate france at all but i gotta say them whining over this nickel is #ING PATHETIC!

seriously, its about louis and clark, not JUST the louisiana purchase. i dont see how its insulting or offensive. they sold it to us. its not our fault they sold it to us at a rock bottom price.

i wonder if russia will whine next since we bought alaska from them....lets make a dime about that next and find out!

two words about the whiners in france. sore losers

that also gives french in general a bad rep. just makes them all SEEM (not saying they are) like complainers and whiners. i know they arent but this belly aching bull# needs to stop.

are they gonna take back their statue of liberty to be snotty about the nickel?

THIS JUST CHAPS MY ASS TO NO END!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Lets buy canada

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Lets buy canada

you wanna buy a country with land that has the weather equivalent to freezer burn? (perma frost)\

WTF for???

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well you DID buy Alaska.

Canada has...errm... well... you've got me stumped on that one... i'll get back to you

*2 hours later*
They have BC

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Well you DID buy Alaska.

Canada has...errm... well... you've got me stumped on that one... i'll get back to you

*2 hours later*
They have BC

ok we'llkeep BC and turn the rest into a landfill

(or have all the prisons up there, with no heat!)

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
the french are a bunch of crying woosies. they are just making up excuses to get mad at us because they are jerks and they dont like what we are doing. plus we are a better country than them. we have better everything. they can go cry about their little nickel issue and see if anyone cares. they just want attention

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I see why they are mad. Look closely at the historic handshake...

Something fish about it....

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
God the french have stooped to a new low. Serves them righht for vetoing the US on iraq!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
God, i was expecting this too be a pointless France sux thread over Iraq......

I was expecting a coin that showed something like a nazi boot on France or Hitler posing in front of the Eifel tower.........

But this really IS ridiculous. I would think the French have BETTER things to complain about the US than pretty innocent pictures that show up on our currency which ciculates within our own country.

The French sold it to us. Fair and square. We didnt force them too. Back then we werent in much of a position to force anything on anyone. The French Were imperialists. They had colonies all over the friggin world. What the hell were they gonan do with all that friggin prarie anyway? So they sold it. So what.

This really has to be a new low. Whine about the US pesterning France for support in Iraq, but get off the currency issue.

Theres nothing ofensive about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Help me Skadi, The french are bombing me

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Help me Skadi, The french are bombing me

bombing you? with what? jerry lewis movies? (talk about some bombs! hahaha) snails? (no wonder they're bitter! you would be too if you ate those things)

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Read the previous page TPM

I'm being bombed by substandard french jets, that look exactly like eurofighters and bombs that look exactly like our bombs, oh wait, they just pinched our designs.

I agree, snails and frogs legs are awful, maybe we need to make some kind of special dish combining both to feed to those we dont like.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is a french coin showing an angel making a deal with a chicken.

The chicken will allow its species to be abducted and eaten in exchange for advanced technology.

www.amergold.com...

[Edited on 03-11-2003 by Aztec]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You people all realize that this is a satire article???

ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features 3-to-5 new stories most days.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
You people all realize that this is a satire article???

ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features 3-to-5 new stories most days.

OMG, the whole thing was just a joke? All this France bashing over something that wasn't even real...
I've searched and I can't find any other news stories on this "incident". They ARE putting the Lou. Purchase stuff on the nickel though.

A question to the people who don't like France: Does your animus towards the French stems from their opposition to the Iraq War?

P.S.- I love my new avatar. Ernest Borgnine forever!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
in my opinion the French have no say in what our coinage looks like. I could understand if our coins or paper money had Hitler walking through Paris but such isn't the case. Oh well...

Glenn

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join