It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Is Coming To U.S. Soil !!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thats the scoop according to this report from Asia Times online, according to this report North Korea is going to deliver much pain to the U.S. through a nuclear strike, how else? anyway here's the gist of the plot.

Unlike all the previous wars Korea fought, a next war will be better called the American War or the DPRK-US War because the main theater will be the continental US, with major cities transformed into towering infernos. The DPRK is now the fourth-most powerful nuclear weapons state just after the US, Russia, and China.

The DPRK has all types of nuclear bombs and warheads, atomic, hydrogen and neutron, and the means of delivery, short-range, medium-range and long-range, putting the whole of the continental US within effective range. The Korean People's Army also is capable of knocking hostile satellites out of action.

Is there any potassium iodine tablets in your cabinet?

www.atimes.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh Yea, and you can comment on the reporters article if you are so moved by the piece that you just have to comment.

I myself think that this is more propaganda to get attention from the U.S. audience but as crazy as kim is, you never know!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If NK launches so much as a firecracker into a tragectory that even comes close to threatening U.S. soil,

their people will suffer greatly.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This report is claiming that NK has the nuetron bomb does this sound crazy or what??

Also it's claiming that they have the ablity to knock out our satellites, I thought that their missile tests failed

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wait, is this the same North Korea that had some of its most recent missle tests result in breakup shortly after launch? Call me crazy but if their missiles break up like that then I don't fear them at all. I would have to agree its just more hot air coming out of NK that should be taken with a large shaker full of salt.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
we suspect they MAY have a nuclear weapon.. yet they now claim to have every type imaginable.. including neutron, hydrogen and nuclear.
Oh ya, Kim has it all.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That is just utter rubbish.

Shame they cant keep the lights on or feed their people, most States would think those 2 aims were a little more important......

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't be very worried about mad Kim. Most probably his country is not even able to fire any nuclear missiles on the US. Should he actually give the confirmation to fire a nuclear warhead at the US, there will be no possibility of escaping; he can say goodbye to his power, and thus will follow Saddam's path to prison.

However, the possiblity that he actually is able to launch a nuclear missile on the US or any other country does exist (with help from outside).

What I rather find interesting is what the response of the American citizens will be towards the current Administration. Apparently, they found an old man without Weapons of Mass Destruction forming a bigger threat than a rogue state that poses a much bigger risk potential.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Wait, is this the same North Korea that had some of its most recent missle tests result in breakup shortly after launch? Call me crazy but if their missiles break up like that then I don't fear them at all. I would have to agree its just more hot air coming out of NK that should be taken with a large shaker full of salt.

I thought that maybe thay faked the failure or something, is that possible?? why all of a sudden are they acting like a major player??

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Last I heard, they may have the capabilities of hitting the west coast with one of their missiles. Nothing farther.

CX

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
As has already been said, after the "impressive" missile tests recently, i would'nt start running for the bunkers quite yet.

When it comes to Kim, i'm more concerned he'll spark off a trend for that "baby that just woke up" hairstyle of his!

CX.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Bravado

It's all about Bravado, throw out your chest, puff yourself up and make the biggest claims you can get away with. It works as much for the guy out to score on the chicks in a disco as it does for the short guy with the funny haircut who controls a news organisation.

DPRK Nuclear Weapon = "Okay - how many tons of dynamite do we need to simulate a nuclear explosion underground?"

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If NK goes forward with any such test,
it will probably kill everyone within miles and contaminate the surrounding area.

If that happens, there's a good chance Kim will be removed from power by his own people.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by Helig

I thought that maybe thay faked the failure or something, is that possible?? why all of a sudden are they acting like a major player??

Your assuming they act in the same manner that you or I would.

the nuclear waepon they may be about to test weighs so much that it would be impossible to put it on a missile.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If NK wanted to launch a nuclear strike against the US, most likely the strike couldn't be stopped, but incoming would be spotted (assuming, as Helig mentioned, that their missiles can travel farther than half a mile before breaking). What keeps them and everyone else from doing so is fear of retaliation; whether or not the USA suffered, NK would become a large smoking crater.

At any time we've got five or six (maybe more) Ohio-class nuclear subs whose mission is to hide somewhere in the sea and wait for a launch order. Not to mention our silos, bombers, and other delivery systems.

A retaliatory strike would obliterate the offending enemy.

But this doesn't mean nothing will happen; it's been a long time since the last world war. Just a quick overview of what some national leaders (including ours) have said shows that people have forgotten what it's like. This is the age in which subtlety and decorum no longer apply to politics. It's only a matter of time until emotions spill over and someone takes it too far.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

it will probably kill everyone within miles and contaminate the surrounding area.

If that happens, there's a good chance Kim will be removed from power by his own people.

Why? Life is trully awful for their citizens and he is still there.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Must we endure such pointless threads. I mean no disrespect to the original poster but the whole US vs [insert enemy here] items are the flavor of the week. By the 3rd page it boils down to the we're better because of [insert mindless drivel]. I know I know just don't read it. I just hoped for more from this site I guess

brill

[edit on 8-10-2006 by brill]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by radoult

Yea but with the foriegn media blackout the people live under and are told they have it so good, is partly the reason they have not overthrown him already.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry brill, I didnt ask for all these people to post on this thread I just posted what I thought was a pretty provacative news article coming from North Korea and .......Whalla!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

Originally posted by radoult

Yea but with the foriegn media blackout the people live under and are told they have it so good, is partly the reason they have not overthrown him already.

They get news in from China and they are not stupid, if their country is such a paradise why are they starving and have no electricity for long periods of time.

Did you know that things are so bad their soldiers even raid china to get money?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join