It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galactica Season 3 Discussions ( *** SPOILERS *** )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There are so many implications and repercussions coming of this episode. I though the 'leap forward' and occupation at the end of series 2 would be a disaster - didn't see how they could get out of it, but the writers never cease to amaze me with this.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This is Pegasus's show in this episode. Warning to those who wants to know what happened here on this episode.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
BSG is my favourite SF show EVER, EVER, EVER.

First, I think there's still room for Ellen Tigh to come back as a Cylon. I also have my suspicions about Duella (Lee's wife) - she survived the attack of the Cylon boarding party last season, she was the one who missed the disappearance of that civilian ship they had to destroy in the first episode of the first season....

And the way Galactica plummeted through the atmosphere to release the Vipers, only to jump out just before it hit the ground was AWESOME - a brilliant piece of tactics that makes me forgive some of the less believable aspects of that episode.

And I love where they're going with the whole Baltar/Caprica 6 love story. They've taken the two most evil characters and their love is a kind of redemptive thing happening to them - likewise with Number 3 and her love for baby Hera. 6 was so evil in the mini-series - when she snapped the baby's neck? Ouch. And the whole business of each of them appearing to the other in their minds, that's such a mind####. It's a pity there hasn't been time to explore that aspect of it more. Have they spoken to each other about it? We don't know, as yet.

And Tricia Helfer, as well as being very, very hot indeed (shame about the boob job, though - I've seen pictures of her without and though she was very flat, I don't like those jelly moulds she's got now: I don't have to see big boobs to find a girl hot) the way she portrays each different version of 6 is very well done. The abused one who blew up the nuke on cloud nine was a great performance.

They've got so much to play with now. Baltar living with the Cylons (apparently, according to interviews I've read, we're going to see the inside of a Cylon base ship), the business with Hera and Sharon - she'll have to ask Adama at some point, and now that the Cylons have her baby, well... how will her loyalties go after that?

And we have five Cylon models left to be revealed. We had three come up last series and none so far this one. My bet is we'll get at least one more, possibly two - but I think they'll be holding some back because this one could run and run if they keep the writing up like this.

And I liked the way they treated the resistance and suicide bomber themes. No-one got off lightly and even Baltar had one brief chance to hold some very slippery moral high ground in the scene with Roslyn in the detention cell.

That business where Casey's mum took her back was a little bit convenient, though, just as they all get back to Galactica. And yes, her mum's teeth were very white, weren't they?

The next episode is called Collaborators and I'm thinking that Felix Gaeta and Jammer are going to be featuring - and it may be our first look at life on the base star with Caprica 6 and Baltar. (Just looked at the Battlestar Wiki page for the episode and it looks as if I'm right about this.)

I cannot wait.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaupeDragon
There are so many implications and repercussions coming of this episode. I though the 'leap forward' and occupation at the end of series 2 would be a disaster - didn't see how they could get out of it, but the writers never cease to amaze me with this.

After season 3 or 4 I believe we are going to see another large timelapse, this time it will be 10 or 20 years. The reason I say this is because they are loosely paralleling the original series and they did that cuz that is how long it took to find Earth.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just been looking at the Sci-Fi Battlestar Website and it seems that very soon at least one of the main characters will be killed off - "one of the top seven or eight", apparently.

Place your bets now, ladies and gentlemen.

And apparently the next episode sees a secret tribunal executing collaborators. That means either Gaeta or Jammer, or both, could be up for liquidation. I don't think either of those two qualify for the top few.

So... the main characters. Who have we got?

Admiral Adama

I can't believe they'd get rid of him. He's one of the characters that drives it and EJ Olmos is incredibly watchable. Getting rid of him would be risky in the extreme IMO.

Gaius Baltar

Well the prophecies have been that he'd be the only one to see Earth. He's the only one currently aboard the Cylon basestar... interesting. How could he possibly get back into the human fleet without being lynched? The producers have set themselves a really tricky problem there. Could they be preparing to just dump him? What would Caprica 6 do without him? But unless they both went, my guess is he'd still be popping up inside her fantasies. Unlikely. And it would kick a hole in one of the more interesting themes of the series - their relationship.

Lee Adama

Wouldn't care too much if he went. I don't find either the character or actor particularly magnetic, and it would give EJO the chance to do some more grieving and stoic endurance, for which his weathered face is entirely suitable.

Laura Roslyn

I'd be sad to see her go. I think she and Adama senior should get together, frankly. Maybe if Apollo dies, Adama will turn to Roslyn for comfort.

Starbuck

An iconic figure, but irritating; plus the fire has gone out of her relationship with Lee. I don't think I'd care if she went, and there are no dangling prophecies attached to her AFIK.

Saul Tigh

A ripe candidate for suicide if ever I saw one. Been through hell, lost an eye, had to administer poison to his wife and found out she was fracking Brother Cavil to get him out of detention... His character has got to be heading for a crack-up at the very least, and although I love hearing him say things like "shut yer yap", I can't help feeling he's the most disposable of the central characters.

However, precisely because of all this, would it be a shock to see him go? It seems as if there's a shock value inherent in getting rid of a central character, and I don't know if there'd be enough of that attached to Tigh.

Number 6

She's a Cylon! Maybe Caprica 6 might wind up being "boxed", but Tricia Helfer would still be in the series.

Sharon

Also a Cylon... however, she's proved altogether too sympathetic to the humans in at least two of her incarnations. OTOH, she provided the baby, a human/Cylon hybrid. In order for her to go, all of her incarnations would have to be wiped out, and I think it's unlikely, though possible, that the Cylons just think, defective model, end the line.

Chief Tyrrol

Something of a possibility here. We like the Chief and his human foibles, but is he central enough? I'd certainly be sad to see him go.

Tom Zarek

C'mon... Apollo from the Original Series? It's possible, though. I don't think the producers care about the fanbase from the original show now, as this one stands on its own and is way ahead of its progenitor. Is he central enough to get shock value? Could be. Plus, the next but one show is, I think, called "Tom". Hmmm... (strokes chin)

Have I missed anyone? The other thing to be taken into account is that, successful as the series is, there may be actors within the cast who are worried about being typecast, or who are getting offers they have to turn down. Apparently the guy who played Roslyn's assistant Billy wouldn't commit to a five-year run and so they axed him.

So, in order of likelihood of being offed, I'd say:

1. Saul Tigh
  2. Laura Roslyn
  3. Lee Adama
  4. Tom Zarek
  5. Starbuck
  6. Baltar
  7. Sharon
  8. Chief Tyrrol

But how likely am I to be right? Not very, I'd say, though the speculation is fun.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have to say that I like Tom Zarrak (sp?) Especially after the situation on New Caprica, I don't think they'll kill him off. He's bonded with Rosalyn, and I think he has a real future with the series. Possible new VP?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Heh, Zarack is still cutthroat and now the VP. I think that the Pres was actually considering trials before she found out about the Tribunals. Almost killed Gaeta as well. I wonder if him and the Psilon will be getting medals eventually as without both of them, the Exodus would have turned into a Massacre.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's needed. Adama could only go so far as being the voice of reason for the president. Zareck will be the dude to tell her strait up when she's wrong, and won't put up with any of that supersticious BS (I know it's true for the series, but that is still a necessary voice)

Unless Zareck goes Lee Harvey on a M****F****, they should make a great pair.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Liked that last episode a lot... though one thing does bother me. Why should Cylons carry a disease through the resurrection cycle with them? That's just kind of dumb. It's obviously a hugely important plot driver though, so we'll have to live with it.

I also think that the hybrid who runs the basestar is just a little too Minority Report. I liked the part where she said "jump", though.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't know if it's their choice to bring the disease back. If their conciousness is close enough to a ressurection ship, it just happens automatically.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
]I should have phrased it, how can they carry a disease through resurrection? Their consciousness is going into a brand new body. How can discarnate consciousness carry a physical disease?

And Tigh's looking like a favourite for topping himself at the moment. Starbuck's turned it around (will she stop being nasty to Anders?) but poor old Saul's looking like a goner at the moment.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The Psilons are part machine and perhaps in order for their memories to be completely transferred, their "current" complete genomic sequence must be passed onto the new host body. If this virus works by re-writing the infected Psilons base genetic code, then it could in theory be passed onto a new body. Perhaps Psilons memories are purely genetic as well like the Stargate Snakes.

Also, I believe Baltar is the 1st Human Psilon.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Nice explanation. I think I agree with you about Baltar, too, except that Caprica Six seemed to think they might have a child. It explains Baltar's ability to imagine or 'project', though.

Of course, if Baltar is a Cylon, they could kill him off and still have the option of bringing him back as a surprise later on, perhaps even in another season. But from what I've seen of the video blog, the kill-off, when it comes, will be permanent - Moore was talking of a "soon-to-be ex-employee".

On the other hand, I could see the fourth season kicking off with a scene in which Baltar is resurrected...

My money's still on Tigh to be the one to go, but I think there could be someone more shocking to get the push. And for some reason, my spidey-sense tells me it could be Starbuck or Apollo.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here is a good spoilerishis article.

www.warpsection.com...

It's basically about the introduction of a "new" character to the new series from the old one. Athena was Adama's daughter in the Original BSG. IN this, she's a Skinjob working for the Colonials as a Pilot. I guess it's a comment on Adama's and Athena's new relationship. Starbuck is on his bad side and Athena is now on his Good side. I think Starbuck went MIA in the original series during an awfully long time lapse over decades that's how long it took them to find Earth. Perhaps Starbuck will be getting it sooner rather then later.

Wouldn't it be a twist if they find Athena's Hybrid Baby on board that Derelict Psylon ship? Athena will be pissed, but I think she may get over it.

Originally posted by deltaboy
www.youtube.com...

This is Pegasus's show in this episode. Warning to those who wants to know what happened here on this episode.

It had to happen. They are still loosely paralleling the original BSG in the events(Baltar's Presidency and his defection to the Psylons being the most recent).

First, I think there's still room for Ellen Tigh to come back as a Cylon. I also have my suspicions about Duella (Lee's wife) - she survived the attack of the Cylon boarding party last season, she was the one who missed the disappearance of that civilian ship they had to destroy in the first episode of the first season....

I think that was pretty much debunked, by the last episode. There is the possibility she could be one of the "defective early models". I doubt it though cuz baltar still wanted to know who the other 5 Psylons are, he would know she was a Psylon from the test, yet didn't mention it, it must've been inconclusive or negative. That remark closed that line of speculation for me.

BSG is my favourite SF show EVER, EVER, EVER.

What do you think is better, Farscape or BSG? I still like Farscape better. No one could play a Post Tramatic Stress Disorder type like Ben Browder.

[edit on 7-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've seen a scene on the Sci-fi website introducing a new character, a black guy who's a pilot... it makes me wonder if Lee or Starbuck are going to get offed. As for Farscape, I really liked it, but was away from TV for years while it was on and never really caught up. But there's a grittiness about BSG that I really like that nothing before it really had, except that for me Babylon 5 had a similar epic sweep - plus I really liked the boldness of having a story that took 5 seasons to tell. Pity they got cancelled before they could wrap it up properly.

I didn't know Athena was Adama's daughter in the original series. From what I've seen of it I wouldn't like it now, and didn't really pay it much attention at the time. I'm happy to go with the new series without worrying too much about the original cast and plot.

As for Ellen Tigh... you're probably right, but I'm playing devil's advocate here... if Baltar is a Cylon, he might have blanked ET's results the way Sharon blanked her sighting of water on that planet in the first season...

I am just on tenterhooks to see who gets offed. If it is Saul Tigh I shall be a little bit disappointed on the grounds of it being telegraphed within the story arc.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'd put money on Starbuck and Apollo getting offed this season.

You should really try to find Farscape as a rental if you haven't seen all 4 seasons(plus the mini-series) they finish off the whole Wormhole storyline pretty satisfactorily.

As for Ellen Tigh... you're probably right, but I'm playing devil's advocate here... if Baltar is a Cylon, he might have blanked ET's results the way Sharon blanked her sighting of water on that planet in the first season...

Why would he block that info from his new "allies."

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm actually betting that the hybrid baby will be the 'cure' for the Cylon disease. Can't be sure, but I've got a hunch.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm actually betting that the hybrid baby will be the 'cure' for the Cylon disease. Can't be sure, but I've got a hunch.

Yeah, I though that too, but I also thought that was a no brainer so I didn't mention it. I think the consequences are going to be more interesting then how they are going to get there. I really hope Athena doesn't switch sides again(or die) as I'm liking her character a lot more lately.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If you remember, Sardion, Boomer had to really struggle with herself to recognise the signs of water she was picking up, and not to detonate the bomb she'd placed in the Raptor. I'm thinking Baltar similarly doesn't know he's a Cylon and unconsciously suppresses recognition of the other models.

Just playing devil's advocate here, of course.

And wrt Farscape, yeah, I'd like to get hold of it and the Pirate Bay have the whole show available for download (and that's where I get my BSG fix too, which is why I stay away from this thread until I've seen the new episode - it can take a day or so to get up-and downloaded)... but it's getting the time to catch up with it - it just seems like a daunting task somehow.

I agree on the baby thing, though it's so obvious I'm surprised Baltar hasn't spoken of it yet. I'll be pleased if they don't go down that route, though... they seem to find good ways of not doing the obvious.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh yeah, just saw the preview for tonights episode and I believe that Apollo is going to get it this episode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join