It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just bought a haunted house!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Believe me it's not funny when your headboard
on your bed starts vibrating and especially when
something hits you in the back and nearly pushes
you off your bed and when you look there's nothing there.

If nothing else get a dog.
He will let you know if something is going on because they can sense things that we can't.
My dog goes beserk at exactly 8:20pm every single night.
He runs from room to room like he is chasing something ,
jumping on and off furniture and barking.
We are used to it now and just ignore him .

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My house has rattleing doors and doors shutting all on their own. But they never open on their own. They only shut where if the door is pushed anymore it will close. I am always wondering what could that be. It happens in every room I'm in with a door. No one ever has noticed this except my dog and me.

Theres supposed to be an Indian burial site nearby, but I do not know if it is true.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick44
Believe me it's not funny when your headboard
on your bed starts vibrating and especially when
something hits you in the back and nearly pushes
you off your bed and when you look there's nothing there.

That has happened to me, except I was never on the bed.

All this stuff only happens to me so either something doesnt like me or likes me, or its all in my head.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverick44
I can assure you that it is very frightning.

My wife and I bought this house almost 3 years ago and were NOT told that there had been people that died here 6 months before we moved in.

It has been HELL living in this house . Anything that could go wrong, or anything that would break down has and it continues today.

We have lost all of our savings and maxed out all of our credit cards repairng things in this house and the worst thing about it is that we can't seem to get rid of this house.

We have put it up for sale 2 times. No offers.

We have offered it to investers and they don't want it.

It is a very nice neighborhood and the house is very pretty inside and outside.

I hope you have better luck with your house.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Maverick44]

Why don't you call ghost hunters or a priest or psychic to help?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Every house I have ever lived in has been haunted. Every ... last ... stinking ... one. It's not enlightening. It's a pain in the neck. They wake you up out of a sound sleep with their heavy footsteps coming up the stairs; they knock on doors in during the day and in the middle of the night; they rattle and explore anything new that you bring into the house; it's a freak'n pain in the neck!!!

Seriously .. every place has spirits and spooks. Even brand new homes. All you have to do is slow down; quiet your soul; and pay attention.

It sounds like YOU are the one being haunted instead of the houses. It happens sometimes where a ghost will follow a person no matter where they live.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
[edit on 13-10-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
It sounds like YOU are the one being haunted instead of the houses.

That's what my mom says. Ya'll could be right. Or ... the spooks could be everywhere and I'm just paying attention to them more. And believe me .. they notice when you notice (line from Mothman movie). If you pay attention to them, they will act up more. Ignore them, and they get tired of being ignored and they calm down.

At least that's how it's worked for me.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

they rattle and explore anything new that you bring into the house;

no affense but that kinda sounds funny like a little kid in the house

No offense taken.

It's true though. Anything new or out of place and they have to explore it. Or at least one of them does.

For example - one day I bought a new necklace and left it on top of my dresser. That night I heard one of 'them' playing with it. I heard the necklace go 'tinkle tinkle ..' and I heard it sliding on the dresser.

Another example - when we go on long weekends to visit my parents I have suitcases out and a bag of toys for my daughter for the car ride. It's a long ride. One of 'them' will always poke through the bags. You can especially hear him or her poking at my daughters toys. He or she got a kick out of my daughters viewmaster. The lever to change the picture on it kept getting pressed down and let go.

One more - we got the dog a new toy. A plush toy. A goose that honks. One night not too long after we gave the dog the toy I heard it honking. Everyone was in bed, including the dog (who sleeps at the foot of my bed). I went downstairs and saw that the goose was inside the dogs kennel (cage). The spook had to get inside the cage to honk it. it honked it at least 3 or 4 times before I came down the stairs.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
One thing you might want to pick up is very light wind chimes (Also called Ghost catchers). Hang them in all the door ways and hallways. The idea here is that the spirit will pass by and cause the ghost catcher to chime much like a wind chime does in the wind. People often paint them with Glow in the dark paint so they can see them move as well. You can also pick up EMF detectors for fairly cheap. Just a thought. Good luck and have fun!!!

[edit on 13-10-2006 by NJStomp]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In real estate you are not required to disclose deaths if it was natural.

However in this case it was a murder/suicide so im pretty sure you need to disclose that to the renters.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
It sounds like YOU are the one being haunted instead of the houses. It happens sometimes where a ghost will follow a person no matter where they live.

The ghost must either like the person, or feels as if he/she can get help by the person who follows. Or the ghost finds pleasure in scaring the jeebers out of the victim but that makes it fall into the categorie of demond.

mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 13-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Be carefull though. I was told by some super devoted catholic who goes to church everyday and cries if she cannot and seems to believe everything someone would write about mortal sins, to never talk to a ghost. Sounds funny but she said she experiences things moving in her house and water faucets turning on by themselfs. She calls that coming from her prayers to release one thousand souls from purgetory (which she does each night) who want to get her attention to say the prayer again, and she does just that. But strange as it is, I already knew that on my own but I still listened to her and believed her a little.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I was told by some super devoted catholic ... to never talk to a ghost.

I'm rather a fairly conservative Catholic. I will also tell ya' ... never talk to a ghost.
You don't know if the ghost is a dead person reaching out or a demon. Demons can pretend to be dead relatives in order to get your sympathy and to get a foot in the door. Your friend is right. You aren't supposed to talk to ghosts.

She calls that coming from her prayers to release one thousand souls from purgetory

That would be the St. Gertrude Prayer.

'Eternal Father, I offer thee the Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son Jesus, In union with the masses throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory.'

The promise attached to that prayer is that 1000 souls will be released from purgatory each and every time that prayer is said.

I too have a devotion to the souls in purgatory and pray for them often. I too pray that prayer.

I tend to agree with your friend that ghosts are souls in a 'purgative' state. When they are paid attention to then they get more bold and make themselves known even more. They want attention .. prayers ... etc.

[edit on 10/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well I honestly think saying those prayers is the same thing as selling those indulgences to release a soul from purgetory. The indulgences which were helped sold by John Tetzel. Now I am catholic since birth and I do say that there are many, many things that I absolutely dont agree with them. Especially Catholics "perfect works." But I think "perfect faith" from the Luthrens is more holy.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I honestly think saying those prayers is the same thing as selling those indulgences...

Well .. you are wrong. Someone saying prayers for someone else to help them move along isn't 'selling' anything.

But that discussion is for a different place ... like a bible study site.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I will also tell ya' ... never talk to a ghost.

Okay .. I admit it. You aren't supposed to talk to them. But I do.
I talk to them when i'm trying to get EVPs. Sometimes I just leave the mic open and leave it .. but sometimes I do the asking questions thing ....

So I break the rules .. I talk to them when I'm investigating ...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi,
Have you seen any ghosts on your camera?

If so we would like to see them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Never talk to a ghost?

In my opinion absolute rubbish.

One night in my house everytime i turned the light off for bed I would get a noise in my ear and a breeze on my face kinda of like a moan/woowoo noise (sounds silly I know a ghost going woo). Anyway at 5 in the morning and being rather irritble, I said out loud "please go away I'm tired and trying to sleep" after that I heard footsteps up my stairs and my door banged (my room is in the cellar)

Sometimes ghosts need talking to in order to help them realise that they have passed on and its time to move on.

I also do not believe in demons, nasty ghosts yes but demons no way

I look forward to hearing your results of the night you plan to stay ghosts scare the hell out of me but i'm so interested in this stuff

top topics

<< 1   >>

join