It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Nostrils?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hey

i have noticed something which im sure many others of you have also noticed
in roughly 75% of the 'photos' and drawings of greys i see they have no nostrils but in the other 25% they do

are there any theories or ideas about why this is
if it was a smaller percentage you could dismiss the nostril picture as a pyschological way of the brain humanising something it fears

my idea is that the nostriled greys are genetically engineered to come to earth and breathe the atmosphere whereas the non nostrilled ones remain on the ships sort of a biotech enviroment suit

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Meh, its just nostrils. Many probably added it cause it made sense, others ignore it cause it DOESNT make sense (its an alien after all). It IS as you say, drawings. So you can hardly derive anything about a real Grey by them.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by merka]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
oh i understand that of course
but im more talking about drawing from abductees etc than just artist renderings of what they think the greys look like

i probably should of made that more clear in my original post

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It obviously shows an inconsistancy, perhaps genetic varieties or just that some people are making it up and some are not.

Or it could just be people giving human attributes to something they can't quite 100% remember.

Or it could just be different racial varieties even? Who knows.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
It obviously shows an inconsistancy, perhaps genetic varieties or just that some people are making it up and some are not.

Or it could just be people giving human attributes to something they can't quite 100% remember.

Or it could just be different racial varieties even? Who knows.

That's some generic variety, missing a nose, haha

If I am to go all hypotethical, I'd guess they are describing different Grey species: We already know that abductees reports vary from grey to blue, short or tall, humanlike hybrids or hobgoblin style, etc etc.

And noses arent really THAT strange or a "human attribute". I mean, pick any land animal on Earth and chances are high it'll have a nose and nostrils.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by merka]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen

I agree with this notion. The human brain is setup to recognize face patterns and would automatically add nostrils to a foggy memory because it would complete the mental perception of 'a face'.

Speaking in terms of evolution, a sense of smell might become obsolete as determing whether something is 'good to eat' or 'spoiled' would become useless as nutritional and immunology technology increased with the civilization. Also with breeding becoming controlled and regulated, pheremones would lose their value also.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by articulateka0s
Speaking in terms of evolution, a sense of smell might become obsolete as determing whether something is 'good to eat' or 'spoiled' would become useless as nutritional and immunology technology increased with the civilization. Also with breeding becoming controlled and regulated, pheremones would lose their value also.

Yes. It's possible, but breathing, on the other hand, needs the nose or some kind of nostrils. It will be quite dificult to eat and to breath by the mouth, for instance.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apass

Yes. It's possible, but breathing, on the other hand, needs the nose or some kind of nostrils. It will be quite dificult to eat and to breath by the mouth, for instance.

In most of the pics they all have nostril, just some are just slits in the face and others have a more ppronounced nose.
It could be human-grey hybrids with the genetic code to make a nose

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apass

there is also some speculation that the aliens no longer eat food but absorb it through the skin through some advanced osmotic transfer

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So if they don't eat / drink...they use their mouth to breathe. And I guess they are using telepathic communication so they don't need the mouth to speak. You know...it's quite hard to speak and to breathe in the same time (try it, you'll see what I mean). But then...why the heck they still have a mouth? I'm being kinky...but are they using it for sexual pleasure?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
it is possible
there are many reasons they could have a mouth
perhaps simply as a breathing tool or perhaps despite the osmosis theory they occasionly use the mouth to consume food

lets make a huge assumption here:

a group of greys crash on a planet and their ship is destroyed but some survive
they no longer have the technology to create materials to feed through their skin so they must hunt a local lifeform and use their mouths to eat

of course all of this is speculation

the idea that they are different races seems to make most sense, especially with the different colors etc, especially if they are a race that has colonised many planets, perhaps the tall slender ones have been born on a planet with lower gravity and the stumpy guys were on a high gravity world

that in my eyes makes most sense

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by popek
a group of greys crash on a planet and their ship is destroyed but some survive
they no longer have the technology to create materials to feed through their skin so they must hunt a local lifeform and use their mouths to eat

If they need to process food with some kind of machines so as to absorb it through their skin then I doubt it will be wise for them not to have those machines implanted in them...like some kind of cyborgs.
Further more...those kind of accidents need to happen quite often because they still have their mouth. If those accidents are rare...then there is no need anymore for the mouth...so they will not have a mouth....
Asuming they are visiting us...are those accidents happening all the time?...hmmm....I guess not...we would have heard of them...just like about car accidents...

top topics

join