It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covenants - eight in all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There is more than one ‘new covenant’ in the bible - all were new when made but they are all old now. On its own, one covenant is not complete - just as a rainbow with just the color red is not a rainbow.

These are the all the covenants so far:

#1 Noah
#2 Abraham
#3 Isaac
#4 Jacob (Israel)
#5 Moses
#6 David
#7 Yehoshua

When the kingdom is restored to the fleshly seed of David, who is also the spiritual seed of Abraham, then there will one last and final covenant with the resurrected Son – who is set to inherit all things. It will not be a new one, however, more like a perfection/combination of the previous 7, except for the one that is the ‘covenant with death.’

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement;
when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
~Isaiah 28:15-18

The words of the prophet tell are the source of the enigmatic statement in the book of Revelation about perdition:

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition. ~Revelation 17:11

Perdition meaning destruction, of course. And so, since we are told that the very last enemy to be destroyed is death – this is the nature of the ‘beast’ that was, and is not, and which goes into destruction.

The question is – which is the covenant with death?

Hint: it has everything in the world to do with 'an i for an i.'

new topics

join