It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of Mark Foley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I was watching the news, my head spinning as I watch the pundits debate and squarrel about Mark Foley. That "gay-liberal-commie-pedophile" was the big important headline forevery newsstation.

But I wondered, what was so important about it? Its as if they were covering something up. But then I remembered, the weekend before, they announced a new bill to suspend Hebius Corpus for foreigners. No fair trial to anybody not of american origins.

That would be a huge deal, and something youd expect to hit all the radio shows and the news shows the day after....except....there were some e-mails from Mark Foley, from 2005, which wereconvienantly released.

So heres my thought that I ponder, is Mark Foley's sex scandal a pawn? held and released by his own political party to cover up theyre own unconstitutional bills that are being passed?

Hide your unethical new laws by letting everybody attack a pedophile pawn.

Whats your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Actually Holygamer, your theory makes more sense than the "democrat dirty tricks operative" theory.

And the GOP has no problem sacrificing one of its own to further their agenda of corporate worship; Colin Powell for example.

This time heads will roll because of the miscalculation of the reaction of the American voter and especially the Christian Conservative right.

Even my Texan, Baptist, Republican, arch conservative Mother feels like the Administration chumped her out and not just on this issue, but Iraq as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thats what I figured atleast. I mean we know the emails were from 2005. That means they knew about it for awhile, but kept it underwraps. I mean they even admitted they knew about it.

I guess they used it to blackmail him for awhile, and then just let it go, when it was the perfect scapegoat

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That is what I thought of whole thing also. I talked to people and it's like 1 in 10 knows what the Military Commissions Act is, but the rest certainly know Foleygate. Foley scandal is a smokescreen. It's not a Republican thing. We have criminals in both parties. We essentially have an one-party system with the appearance of two party.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I guess thats what lobbyism does to you.

Our country is run by lobbyists, defense contractors, and Think Tanks. Theres no parties, all there is is a series of money givers, who in exchange, want either: sweet heart deals, new wars, or new rules, respectively.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Other reason for deverting media attention was the fact that operations in Afghanistan were caried over to NATO's control entirely.

When an important thing happens that US Media should focus on, you can be sure something like this Foley bullocks or another big fuss over small things.

Theres plenty of twisted people out there, overal, people (and sorry to say, especialy christians and catholics prefer to keep these things unmentioned) but when making a big fuss about it serves a purpouse (deverting attention from something thats actualy important, like lawchanges that impact the very nature of the US) its plasterd all over the media.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
For anyone who hates what Republican control has done to the US govt, it's like watching a train wreck. Here's what's going on behind the scenes:

What the Foley case did, was rip open this wound within the Republican Party, even though the case had zero to do with Foley being gay, predatory behavior is predatory and neither gay nor straight. This ripping open of the Republican wound was a ripping open done by Republicans, against other Republicans, in a kind of sick poetic justice.

There are three distinct warring factions here:

First, the honorable gay Republicans, defining honorable as living their private lifestyle while leaving everyone else alone, and opposing the anti-gay demonization tactics of their Party.

Second, the dishonorable gay Republicans, defining dishonorable as living their private lifestyle while attacking and demonizing others who live the same lifestyle, for partisanship and power. This group is intensely disliked by the honorable gay Republicans and now in mortal danger of being outed by the honorable gay Republicans and also Christian Conservative leadership partisans.

The third group, the Christian Conservative leadership partisans, intensely dislike both the honorable and dishonorable of the gay Republicans. The less honorable of these "Christian" "Conservative" "leaders" cannot bring themselves to denounce the obvious Republican leadership coverups on the page scandal. While they have been last in line to criticize Republican leaders about the pages, they have always been first in line to demonize gays, simply for being gay, for purely partisan politics.

more

But you are correct, Holygamer. The torture bill (as I call it) that was passed just before this scandal was delivered to us has been shoved to the background, and when the dust settles from this 'abuse of our children', we shall see how it carries over to the human rights side of 'abuse of our fellow man'.

These same kids who are pages today could get caught in some other country someday and subject to the very treatment we deem appropriate for others.

Ask Garrison Keillor.

Congress' shameful retreat from American values

Published October 4, 2006

I would not send my college kid off for a semester abroad if I were you. Last week, we suspended human rights in America, and what goes around comes around. Ixnay habeas corpus.

The U.S. Senate, in all its splendor and majesty, decided that an "enemy combatant" is any non-citizen whom the president says is an enemy combatant, including your Korean greengrocer or your Swedish grandmother or your Czech au pair, and can be arrested and held for as long as authorities wish without any right of appeal to a court of law to examine the matter. If your college kid were to be arrested in Bangkok or Cairo, suspected of "crimes against the state" and held in prison, you'd assume that an American foreign service officer would be able to speak to your kid and arrange for a lawyer, but this may not be true anymore. Be forewarned.

...our country has taken a step toward totalitarianism. If the government can round up someone and never be required to explain why, then it's no longer the United States as you and I always understood it. Our enemies have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They have made us become like them.

I got some insight last week into who supports torture when I went down to Dallas to speak at Highland Park Methodist Church. It was spooky. I walked in, was met by two burly security men with walkie-talkies, and within 10 minutes was told by three people that this was the Bushes' church and that it would be better if I didn't talk about politics. I was there on a book tour for "Homegrown Democrat," but they thought it better if I didn't mention it. So I tried to make light of it: I told the audience, "I don't need to talk politics. I have no need even to be interested in politics--I'm a citizen, I have plenty of money and my grandsons are at least 12 years away from being eligible for military service." And the audience applauded! Those were their sentiments exactly. We've got ours, and who cares?

This is what the US has come to, I hang my head in shame.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Also, not to get off subject, but was foley's actions really even predatory? are they making this out to be more then what it is too?

16 in basically every other country is a legal consent age. Predatory and pedophilia is typically about pre-puberty children. So basically Foley is gay, and likes the young stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Falcon is working on this issue it has something to do with NBC news I just havent gotten to the bottom of exactly what that is just yet.

top topics

join