It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Saudi Capital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmmm I wonder if there will be more bombings today?

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - An explosion rocked the Saudi capital Riyadh around midnight Saturday, and smoke could be seen rising from the area of the blast, officials said.

Police cars headed toward the blast, which appeared to have happened in the western part of the city. An American embassy spokeswoman said there was explosion, but not in the diplomatic quarter in the southwestern part of the city.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031108/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saudi_explosion

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I saw it on MSNBC and was about to post it here.

Considering that the u.s. issued warnings to two other cities we would have to wait and see if there are anymore attacks.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
SHOCK AND AWE

Hello, noone's taking this seriously!
This would be like someone setting off a bomb in DC, London, Madrid, Paris, Msocow, Beijiing, Tokyo, etc....
I'm waiting to see a detailed story somewhere...
Please follow up with updates hippie, thanks

No cheers for now, war isn't good,
- Tass

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I was de-sensitized since 9/11.

I wouldn't say it was that bad, I think that we are lucky so far.

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by gooking]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This explosion comes a day after the US closed the embassy due to terror threats that there would be attacks on western targets.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Now they are attacking each other, yeah!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Three terrific explosions shake in west of Riyadh

The Islam today :
14 / 9 / 1424 1 : 0 �
9/11/2003

Three huge explosions shook west of the Saudi capital Riyadh in twelfth hour from Saturday at night and the smokes and the ambulances sounds as said by citizens have resulted near from the event .

And eyewitnesses have reported to the Islam site today that the three explosions occurred near the life complex in Al-Khozami 's neighbourhood and that it is resulting from the explosion of a booby-trapped car and the ambulances have hurried to the scene of the crime which points to the hugeness of the explosions size .

This comes in the wake of after the United States embassy in Riyadh reported that the American diplomatic missions are in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia a closed today Saturday for the reconsideration of the security measures after warnings of imminent attacks exported it in Saudi Arabia .

And he came in a message that the American consulate directed to the citizens the Americans in Saudi Arabia that the embassy continues the acquisition of information a meaning is that armed in Saudi Arabia moved from the planning stage to attacks in the kingdom to the execution stage .

And the warning added that the embassy calls all of the citizens American in the kingdom to the vigilance, and a belonging in light of these threats she closes the embassy in Riyadh besides the general consulates in Jiddah and the two backs are its doors Saturday in eighth of November for the reconsideration of the security measures applied by it .

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just imagine the damage a few suicide bombers could do if they decided to blow themselves up during The Hajj, which will be coming up in January.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is one time that the CIA was right. Good work!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The lunar eclipse will be will hit the east coast shortly.......too bad its cloudy and cold here in Tulsa,OK im gonna miss it.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Using the American model of statesmanship and diplomacy, this now gives Saudi Arabia the unilateral right to pre-emptively strike any nation anywhere.

I wonder who organized this trifecta in the camel race stakes.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hmmmm there might be other attacks in the region as well from what the Brits say.

Saturday, November 8, 2003 Posted: 1:26 PM EST (1826 GMT)

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) -- The British government is warning of "high threats" of terrorism against Westerners and other targets in the Gulf-Arab nations of Bahrain and Qatar.

Eyewitnesses in Bahrain confirmed to CNN that there is a tightening of security around the British Embassy and other Western sites. But a British Embassy spokeswoman said security has not been increased and security personnel are following normal procedures.

The British government has also issued lower-level terror alerts for Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates, saying there are "significant" threats of terror in those countries.

An advisory put out Friday by the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh explained that the embassy "continues to receive credible information that terrorists in Saudi Arabia have moved from the planning to operational phase of planned attacks in the kingdom."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
How long before the Saudi leaders come running to Miami or Paris ....ect
with there Billions
Piss on Em !

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Liek tass said this is mearly just a premeble to sometin worse to come. Here is the senario---- Bomb in Saudi, all americans leave, sometin big happens in us, link back to saudi and we attack in there in the guise of searchinf for terrorist. DOnt be suprised if the moeny goes all the way up to Saudi princes and heiarchy

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Always innocents and no military targets.......
Sick!! SICK!!
When is everyone going to realize that "terrorism" threatens ALL OF US?
Is there no shame in killing innocents and children?
Why do terrorist 'target' innocents and not military targets?
This is totally bull#!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freakin' cowards need to hand from their balls!!!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Always innocents and no military targets.......
Sick!! SICK!!
When is everyone going to realize that "terrorism" threatens ALL OF US?
Is there no shame in killing innocents and children?
Why do terrorist 'target' innocents and not military targets?
This is totally bull#!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Freakin' cowards need to hand from their balls!!!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Seekerof]

\Ter"ror*ism\, n. [Cf. F. terrorisme.]
The act of terrorizing, or state of being terrorized; a mode
of government by terror or intimidation. --Jefferson.

"When one by force subdues men, they do not submit to him in heart. They submit, because their strength is not adequate to resist." Mencius 372-289 BC

Terrorism 101 - Understanding Terrorism

Systematic use of violence, terror, and intimidation to achieve an end. - Webster

The calculated use of violence or the threat of violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological. - The US Department of Defence

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes Smirkley...I am aware of the definition and term use...thank you for making me aware of it again.

It still adds up to 1, 2, 3, bull#!
This is what piss's me off about the whole thing:
"There are no less than 100 wounded, most of them children," Hanadi al-Khandakli said,........"
Link:
sg.news.yahoo.com...

Dude.....this makes no sense.......you don't frighten people this way............you PISSSSS them the freak' off!

Terroism is going to be it's own undoing...you will see....people are going to get tired of this #.....its not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when"......

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I wasnt, seeker, trying to plug the definition, so much as I was trying to define the 'target' of the terroism attempts.

The bombs are in certain countries, with specific targets.

The terror, is to coerce the civilians in countries that may have a tendancy to go one way, in believing that, they better not for fear of the terror.

The target centers (embassies, banks) mearly put a flag on the physical target, to show who the populace of that country should avoid associating with (and believing in), and the civilian casualties (and children) drive home the importance of shunning where the flag has been planted, or severe results and evil will result.

They are trying to associate death and pain for children and civies, with the 'evil' targets that are drawing the terrorists attention, for the good of that nation (to appear as such).

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Saudis are blaming this on al-qaeda now.........figures.

Reports: Blasts in residential compound were car bombings

Saturday, November 8, 2003 Posted: 10:47 PM EST (0347 GMT)

(CNN) -- Terrorists stormed past security guards into an affluent, heavily secured residential neighborhood in the Saudi capital Saturday and set off three explosions, journalists and officials in Riyadh said.

The attack came one day after the U.S. Embassy announced it would close temporarily over concerns of rising terror threats.

A senior official in the Saudi Interior Ministry said his government was certain the attack was planned and carried out by al Qaeda using the same suicide car bombing strategy employed in the May 12 attacks in Riyadh.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Using the American model of statesmanship and diplomacy, this now gives Saudi Arabia the unilateral right to pre-emptively strike any nation anywhere.

I wonder who organized this trifecta in the camel race stakes.

*rolls around laughing*

You crack me up sometimes MA, but your kinda right, burkina faso better watch its ass!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join