It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35: First Flight Imminent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Except that they are allready hanging bombs off the F-22 - so what role exactly is the F-35 for again since it seems teh F-22 can do it all , and is allready here

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Its to the F-22 what the F-16 was to the F-15. Except of course, it doesn't cost too much less!

This will be the USAF's workhorse light tactical fighter and will be offered for export where the F-22 will not.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You need both, the Hi-Lo mix has worked for decades, no point in messing with it now. The F-35 is more versatile and will offer great strike capability as well serve three branches and a boatload of countries.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ketoes13

Im not sure what fighters cockpit this is but i sure that its not the f-35 because the f-35 does not have a HUD. All of the F-35's Information that would go on the HUD goes into a special helment that the Pilot wheres

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The F-35 is not more versitile infact the f-22 would fly circles around the f-35. The f-22 is the most advanced Plane around. and why would you want us to send Our Fighter jets to other countries?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Looks like the F/A-18 superhornet cockpit

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1466

While I do not have enough knowledge of the F35 itself to argue that point. I know Jon S Beesley personally, and worked very closely with him for over a year and a half, and still do work with him occasionally, I must say that Jon is not the kind of man to lie about what he thinks. He is very honest and open about everything, excluding the classified stuff he still will not talk about.
He is very diplomatic, and will often avoid negatives, he rarely takes the credit he deserves for much of what he does, while instead trying to prop up those around him.

He is a great man, and anything he says I take at face value.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to drop this, and I don't think it needs its own thread. This'll do since it was bumped recently.

www.flightglobal.com...

Formation tests for STOVL

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

_Del_
Wasn't sure where to drop this, and I don't think it needs its own thread. This'll do since it was bumped recently.

www.flightglobal.com...

Formation tests for STOVL

I dont care what the doomsayers say - hovering stealthy supersonic fighter aircraft

Is Wizardry of the highest order - awesome aircraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join