It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets have a PARTY!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Semper,

Thats a good idea.
We have a ballot question this year in Nevada, Question 7..
For the decrim. of small amounts of marijuana.
It's interesting, that right about a month ago, the number of marijuana related busts
have increased, and have gotten a lot of press..Hardly ever hear about it the rest of the year.

Education and reform.

Please pop in the thread, whenever, you're always welcome here.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
WOW,
And your TAX analogy!!!! Again...

The FACT, yes FACT that the top 5 % of wage earners pay 95% of all taxes collected in the US faze you at all? Or is that just a statistical annoyance?
Semper

It is also fact the top 5% make more then 95% of all the money in the country. You see, your stats are misleading without the other stats. Also, what is wrong with a billionaire paying 100,000 in taxes while someone who make 30,000 pay 100? A billionaire isn't going to starve are they? And it would save them money! Imagine if they stopped paying millions into Lobbyists and Lawyers and only thousands on taxes?

And what is a jew carper? Never heard of that term.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

And what is a jew carper? Never heard of that term.

carp1  /kɑrp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kahrp] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object)
1. to find fault or complain querulously or unreasonably; be niggling in criticizing; cavil: to carp at minor errors.
–noun
2. a peevish complaint.
dictionary.reference.com...

The "Stats" are only misleading when you try to interpret them which is unnecessary as they are simply numbers.
Regardless of who makes the most money, the fact is, the "Rich" are supporting this country and the Poor are not. We have so many social programs now that we begin to closely resemble France and not the country of principles instituted by the forefathers; that of a country of self sufficient people, small government and capital

Your idea "Smacks" of redistribution of wealth. This was tried once, in the USSR and as you may note from History, it failed. Because people were involved and power is the ultimate aphrodisiac to some.

So as 5% of the Most wealthy people are paying 95% of the tax base, what is the problem? You want them to pay 100% and all the rest of you get a free ride? So just being born in this country makes you eligible to be supported by people that actually get off their duffs and work?
People cry about the War and wont join the Military, Hate the Police and now you don't want them paying taxes.. HMMMMMM
So we have a society of poor, super entitled people living off of the backs of those that feel THEY owe the country something and not the other was around.

Semper

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Party Platform.

1) National Security.
Seal the borders. North and South, and the coasts. Immigration by legal means only.
Begin a slow drawdown of troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan, but only as the situation on the ground warrents. Let the generals on the ground decide. The people in these countries need to do even more for themselves. We're there to help them do the job, not do the job.
Diplamacy is wonderful, and useful, and we need more of it. However, without an iron fist inside the velvet glove, it's useless. Ramp up our intelligence agencies, with less emphasis on technology, and more on people on the ground. Language skills need much more emphasis. Our military needs to be even leaner and meaner than it is. Small companies with great ideas need access to the military. Retired generals and other officer types are herewith barred from accepting consulting jobs with suppliers to the military.

2) Taxes.

Flat tax rate for everyone above a certain level of income. Level of income would be @20,000 dollars a year. Or perhaps a national sales tax? I can see issues with this, but maybe solvable by someone with more expertise than I (just about everyone).

3) Social Security.

Privatise it, with voluntary participation. You want to trust Big Brother, go ahead. You want somebody who actually knows what they are doing, you participate.

4) Get out of the UN.

The UN is a useless impediment to our national interests. College debate societies are of more use.

5) Abortion.

Limited to health of the mother, and cases of rape and/or incest. None after the 2nd trimester ends. Open to discussion...

6) Term Limits.

No professional politicians allowed, or tolerated. Or political operatives, either. We run on our merit, or lack thereof, as the case may be. You start locally...move up one or two terms at a time...'til you reach which ever pinecle you've chosen, two terms later, your done. This means judges, too. Go Home!!!

This'll do for going on with...

[edit on 12-10-2006 by seagull]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Can I be the Vice President of the Fuzzy Bunny Party???

Semper

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Absolutely. I wanna be secretary of War. Do away with the nonsense of Defense. Just call me Ares.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

The "Stats" are only misleading when you try to interpret them which is unnecessary as they are simply numbers.
Regardless of who makes the most money, the fact is, the "Rich" are supporting this country and the Poor are not. We have so many social programs now that we begin to closely resemble France and not the country of principles instituted by the forefathers; that of a country of self sufficient people, small government and capital

Your idea "Smacks" of redistribution of wealth. This was tried once, in the USSR and as you may note from History, it failed. Because people were involved and power is the ultimate aphrodisiac to some.

So as 5% of the Most wealthy people are paying 95% of the tax base, what is the problem? You want them to pay 100% and all the rest of you get a free ride? So just being born in this country makes you eligible to be supported by people that actually get off their duffs and work?
People cry about the War and wont join the Military, Hate the Police and now you don't want them paying taxes.. HMMMMMM
So we have a society of poor, super entitled people living off of the backs of those that feel THEY owe the country something and not the other was around.
Semper

Hey, USSR fell not because of distribution of wealth but because they had less then Reagan, one of our greatest presidents ever. If they hadn't gotten caught up in a spending race with the US they would probably still be a Communist country. But guess what? USSR did what America is doing now, spending money on something that doesn't help the country! If the USSR had spent those trillions on the country and not making weapons or racing with America to the Moon they would probably still be a Super Power.

Also, my tax plan will save the rich money. How much money do Lobbyists make a year? How much do tax lawyers make in a year finding all the loop holes that the Lobbyists got for them? Instead of dumping millions into lobbyists and lawyers pay the 10,000 or 100,000 in taxes that you owe! I am not asking someone who makes 100,000 to spend 100,000 in taxes, I am asking someone who makes 1,000,000,000 to spend 100,000 in taxes, less then 1% of what they made! I am not starving Billionaires, I am making them pay a fair share.

Fine, I'll go with a flat tax of 10% SO someone who makes 30,000 pays 3,000 and someone like the head of Halliburton or the gas companies who made 9billion in 3 months pay, lets see, 9x4=36, so what is 10% of 36 Billion? 3.6 Billion! That make you happy? A flat tax so the rich pay even more taxes?

Also, you say the rich support the poor, well who the hell do you think made the rich people rich? I never saw the President of Ford Company working on the line, I've never seen the owner of McDonalds flip a burger, who did? The Poor and Middle Class! The only reason these people are rich is off the backs of the poor and middle class, so who is supporting who?

Man, I like you, good debate is always fun!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
USMC,

Have you looked at the "Fair Tax" proposal that is currently being presented to the congress?

I'm all for doing away with all the Lawyers except the ones that represent me of course. LOL

And DITTO, You have an excellent mind and I also enjoy debating you. But your not getting my Bud Light..

Semper

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
2) Taxes.
Flat tax rate for everyone above a certain level of income. Level of income would be @20,000 dollars a year. Or perhaps a national sales tax? I can see issues with this, but maybe solvable by someone with more expertise than I (just about everyone).

I agree with you concering a flat tax. The idea of an national sales tax is a bad idea. In theroy it might work but IMO all the likes of GST dose is increase the tax burden on people and give politicans more money to waste. Remember there is no point in lowering income tax if peoples money ends ends up in government hands via other taxs.

4) Get out of the UN.

The UN is a useless impediment to our national interests. College debate societies are of more use.

I need to make one point clear I dont think that the UN can continue to exist in its current state. Having said that I am in favour of giving the UN a major overhaul rather then scraping the organization.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join