It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato's Atlantis, old or new

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hi;
I'm a newbie here and I couldn't resist jumping in to this discussion with my first post
I think when Plato was writing about Atlantis, a place of culture and peace, he was referring to a place in the future.
I've always thought that time travellers travelled back in time and told Plato what was to be and I also think these same travelers built the Pyramids at Giza the heads on Easter Island and a multitude of other mysterious things that can't be explained.
Something I've been thinking about for a long time!
Sorry if there is a thread the same as this and if there is well it's like that music video of the little girl dressed like a bee who finds at the end she's not alone!
Thankyou

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What makes you think Plato was referring to a place in the future? What did he say that made you think that? I thought he said that the island was destroyed 9,000 years before he lived. Just wondering where you got that from.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well,that's an interesting theory.One that I never heard before.Alas, much like those who think Atlantis was on another planet,it doesn't really wash with me.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
To Smuh: travelled back in time???? back??

I don't know.

I mean back???? - That would imply a forward yeah? Don't time just exist or somethi'n?

Back/foward - up/down - left/right yeah?

Oh i get it, other dimensions!!!! yeah we just don't get that right.

Oh i don't get it. - Sh------it.

back to the drawing board people..... wonder what my dog's doin then/now/here/there/?/!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Dipso, really "time" is just a tool of convenience. It has often been said that time is the distance between two points.... Okay, if that be the case and supposedly there is no such thing as empty space, then what is distance. If there is something within the space between two objects, then there is really no distance at all. Is there?

[edit on 19-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
OFF TOPIC but I'm anal and hate it when theorists make mistakes as it gives non-theorists ammo to cut down our legitimate arguments.

Smuh - not wanting to nit pick, but you mention the Easter Island heads as 'mysterious things that can't be explained.'

But they have been explained. There are half cut versions in quarries on the island that show where and how they were hewn from the islands rocks. Academic studies have shown that the making of statues were a form of subjegation for islanders. One tribe dominated another and forced them into slavery and to build idols to worship the rulers of the main tribe.

(Just one reference)reference

edit for busted link -

[edit on 23/10/2006 by admiraladz]

new topics

top topics

join