It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News labels Foley a Democrat!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
See for your self how they're caught lying. They're claimed last night in their info bar that he is a democrat and not a republican.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Obviously they didn't expect anyone with a triple digit IQ to be watching...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is, is, is, well I don't know what to call it. Bad? Worse? What were they thinking? Were they thinking? This is sort of an indicator of something... That's the most impactful vid-clip I have seen in a long while.

Thanx,

Victor K.

40'

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hate to say this.
But based on past reactions.

Foley probably WISHES he were a democrat.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Late To The Party

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Foley probably WISHES he were a democrat.

If he was, he'd probably still be a congressman.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That's hillarious. They're trying everything they can. Seems fate smiles upon the Democrats, at least this time around.

Hey, at least Bill was straight. It's about time Republicans get a taste of their own medicine.

Wouldn't it be something if the Democrats regain control of the House and Senate. Maybe we could see an impeachment of Bush.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Nothing more than a typo.

Some might not know that Foley entered politics as a Democrat, but switched parties very early on.

At the age of 23 Foley was appointed to the Lake Worth City Council as a Democrat. After some failed bids for higher political offices, he switched parties in the 1980s [8]. He was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 1990 and to the Florida Senate in 1992.

en.wikipedia.org

With all the publicity, I doubt anyone on the planet thinks that Foley is a Democrat, even when an intern types a D instead of an R.

The real news here is how lame the complaints about Fox really are.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It could be a lie, or a typo. But IMHO it's a lie, and I'm skeptical of it being a typo...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

With all the publicity, I doubt anyone on the planet thinks that Foley is a Democrat, even when an intern types a D instead of an R.

Is the intern that wrote the piece a "person on the planet"?

The REAL news here is that the right can't handle it when one of their own gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Intrepid

Do you really believe that Fox is engaged in a campaign to convince the public that Foley is a Democrat?

I don't get Fox News Channel anymore, but having watched for a very long time, I'd find it beyond reason to believe that any credible news source would be so stupid.

But, believe as you wish.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

The REAL news here is that the right can't handle it when one of their own gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

oh too true , toooo true!

but honestly....maybe the intern mixed it up because ...these days, there really isn't much difference between either party. it's now come to : "who do you hate less?"

EDIT: in terms of parties and elections
optimus

[edit on 7-10-2006 by optimus primal]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Intrepid

Do you really believe that Fox is engaged in a campaign to convince the public that Foley is a Democrat?

In your political climate at this time of an administration clinging to power, yes, I believe they would try to pull this. Never know if that few swing voters may be enough to offset what political manipulation cannnot.

I don't get Fox News Channel anymore, but having watched for a very long time, I'd find it beyond reason to believe that any credible news source would be so stupid.

But, believe as you wish.

"Believe as you wish"? The arguement of a debate lost. :shk:

I find it incredulous that a thinking person such as yourself wouldn't even consider putting this together.

BTW, I wouldn't mind your input here.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ha, did you know sodomy is a crime in Flordia? 60days/500 dollar fine.

Anyways, not only do they label Foley as a democrat they labeled Hastert a democrat.

And guess what? They label dems as republicans! They were reporting on a district race and were going on about "How this isn't affecting the elections" and showed a guy with an 18% lead with R next to his name. One problem, the guy was a democrat! hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
"Believe as you wish"? The arguement of a debate lost. :shk:

Not always. Sometimes it is said when the person is tired of trying to make a valid point that is completely lost upon those who are allegedly engaged in conversation with him/her. (I'm thinking of another thread .. not this one)

The fact that Foley WAS a Dem and then switched to Republican is a valid point. Whoever typed in the party for the news reader very easily could have put a D instead of an R.

The fact that news organizations make mistakes is very well known. They are run by humans afterall.

The fact that REAL news organizations are hard to come by these days is also a fact. I see more propaganda then plain ol' news reporting these days.

The fact that FOX (or ANY news network) could have skewed their news slighly (ore even boldly) to futher an agenda is also feasible.

The fact is that FOX would never be able to convince the public that Foley was a dem instead of a republican. I'm sure they'd never try to convince the ENTIRE public of that. A small uneducated segment .. perhaps. But not the entire country.

FACT - Foley is a sicko. From the interviews I have seen and read about it seems that almost everyone on The Hill knew he was a perv. Pages told other pages to avoid him because of it. The only reason it came out now was because it was an 'october surprise' designed to change the elections.

If the people in DC really cared about the pages and the others who worked there, this would have come out LONG AGO. YEARS AGO! The Speaker knew ... pages knew .. their bosses knew ... dems and republicans knew .... but the reveal was timed for elections and NOT to stop more victims from being harmed.

It's sick. And what made me sick to my stomach was watching a film clip of Foley, along with others, who got a child safety bill passed. Standing right in front of Foley during the photo-op was Mr. Walsh, from America's Most Wanted. A man who lost his son to a preditor. I imagine when the news of all this came out, Mr. Walsh probably got sick to his stomach when he realized that he was standing in front of a child preditor who was pretending to be an elected official who cared about children.

[edit on 10/12/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
"foleygate" was an open secret on Capital Hill, all of the powers that be, Remocrats and Depublicans, knew of Foley's predeliction, and did nothing. All sides are as guilty of hiding it as the other.

Trying to sway public opinion with a typo? Come on now. How many of us typing have made a typo, and missed it in the process of editing our piece? I don't think any of us can say no.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've heard this was a much more widespread issue than just this one guy. Wasnt htere a thread about pedophile rings in DC? I read through it a while back, interesting stuff. I'm taking a class now where we are doing research on the recidivism rates of pedophiles. Very interesting criminological/sociological topic. But I seriously believe that this is the tip of the iceberg of whats going on in Washington. It is sick if it is happening so wide spread, and if it is, we need to stop it now!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Some might not know that Foley entered politics as a Democrat, but switched parties very early on.

At the age of 23 Foley was appointed to the Lake Worth City Council as a Democrat. After some failed bids for higher political offices, he switched parties in the 1980s [8]. He was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 1990 and to the Florida Senate in 1992.

en.wikipedia.org

Lame!
Lame is the fact that Republicans scream morals and are caught with their hand in the cookie jar or should I say down some young mans pants...(OUCH!) sizzzzzzz..!
He's been a Republican for over 20 years don't try to "NO SPIN" hommie cause Fox news knew what they were doing by putting that in the tag bar!

new topics

top topics

join