It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lucifer Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Tamahu, I have been reading your post with great interest. On some levels I feel that Gnostic teachings are the missing link in my truth seeking, yet some people insist that it is a lie. I resonate with what you present, but I don't want to be tricked in the end times by something that seems so right. So much of the writings present what seems to be the root of all that I seek, yet I don't know.

Is it normal to feel this way?

I'd say that the ego of doubt is an ordinary feeling to have, but it is certainly not normal(The Inner-Human doesn't have fearful doubt, only the personality oriented mind does).

Regardless, we should approach anything that we are presented with, with some level of scrutiny, instead of just believing every "New-Age" book or the latest Evangelist book that we stumble upon; a scrutiny without the ego of fear that is(perhaps we could call it Conscious doubt, as opposed to egoistic doubt that is based on fear).

But if one considers what Samael Aun Weor is teaching...

...if one were to discard everything He taught except for His teachings on Sexual ethics, and just stick with one's current religion whether it be Buddhism, Christianity, Taoism, Islam, etc., it could only help.

Meaning that if one stops fornicating and instead Transmutes the Sexual Energy(whether married or celibate), it could only give one more Spiritual Strength in order to follow the Path they're already on.

Even if one is a student of Krishnamurti's teachings which is no-path, it would still help one to Be in the moment, without theories, concepts, etc.(as transmuted Sexual Energy is fuel for the Consciousness).

What good has fornication done for anybody other than a few seconds of extreme pleasure?(a few seconds of extreme pleasure that is followed by depression, inertia, negative feelings, etc.)

Also is it true that the Tarot represents all root truths in symbolic form?

Well the Twenty-Two Hebrew letters and the Tarot are directly related to the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge, the Foundation of all Sciences and Religion.

On the Gnostic site you referred to I noticed PD Ouspensky's name. I read a book of his when I was a teenager and it changed my life, or my thinking for ever.

Please advise

All I can say in regard to this, is to quote Gnostic instructors:

www.gnosticteachings.org...

Reducing allegorical speaking, we have to state that Gurdjieff came up into the Astral Plane to recollect from the Logos Samael the doctrine that now many qualify (in many forums) as a wicked plagiarism and attributing it exclusively as the property of Gurdjieff and Ouspensky; Ignoring that Gurdjieff and Ouspensky only adapted the ancient “Tibetan Doctrine of the Many” to the western world, although, with mistaken explanations of many esoteric Asian names and words. However, the whole wisdom belongs to the Universe and the Gods and not to any specific Initiate or Initiates.

The teachings of Gurdjieff are good; but one must always refer to Samael for authority. There are numerous differences, the most obvious being the sexual teachings. Also, Gurdjieff inverted other things, so one must be careful.

Also, his students made a lot of mistakes.

While there is some benefit from reading Ouspensky, I strongly suggest you avoid Bennett, Nicoll, and all the others, because each introduces so many problems and confusions that you will end corrupting your understanding.

Truthfully, once one reads Gurdjieff you discover that everything he is saying is in the books of Samael Aun Weor, but Samael is more direct, potent and synthesized. Samael is also more profound, more complete, and provides a thousand additional clues which provoke more penetrating insight. This is part of the reason why the thousands of Gurdjieff students run around in circles and never really get anywhere, and the students of Samael Aun Weor are capable of real Gnostic works...

•••

The Doctrine of the Many I's is not just an ancient teaching - it is still taught in Tibetan psychology. Any genuine Tibetan lama teaches this understanding, but it is generally reserved for the more "advanced" students. However, one can read in many books about the "aggregates."

It appears that the very smart Ouspensky was nonetheless merely an intellectual. Like many other famous writers, he assigns his own favorite theory with the marvelous title of "Philosopher's Stone" because he did not realize what the desired-for Stone really is. Like most if not all of Gurdjieffs students, he was never introduced to Transmutation as a personal, practical art, which is what Alchemy and the elaboration of the Philosopher's Stone really is. So, students have inherited the wrong idea that the intellectual games of the Enneagram can bring some psychological revolution in themselves. This is more or less like thinking about chemistry and never entering the laboratory.

There is an esoteric teaching related to the Enneagram, but Samael Aun Weor never taught it. This is because humanity is not prepared for it. You can easily see why when you see what humanity has done with all the little drops of esoterism given to us, and the sad spectacle of the so-called "spiritual" groups.

What exists in the world now as "esoteric" Enneagram teachings has been clearly defined by other writers in this thread.

Regards

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Tamahu]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join