It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A City on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is an extreme Zoom of a 'city'(?) on Mars. What do you think? Geological formations? Natural?

OR is it the remnants of a long gone civilization? Check out the streaks in the dark rectangles.

This may take a little time to download especially if you're not on broadband. So hang on. It should be worth it!

Source

[edit on 5-10-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think I see my old house!

We had to move to Earth when the last of the water dried up.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What's curious is that the land around the "city" looks so different from the land adjacent to it.

I feel that it could be just geological, although having a wider shot of the surrounding land would help to determin if it's part of a larger pattern or not. If it's not then this looks intruiging. If it is well ,we're still vigilent looking at the data.

Also the terrain could look like it's composed of small squares and stuff, due to pixelation. Not sure if the image would pixelate or not, but that might be why it looks so artificial.

Personaly I'm routing for there being lots of ancient cities up there, but thats just my personal wishfulness.

Are there things I may have not noticed about the picture or you feel that need to be addressed, cause I like analyzing things like this.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I like the side-by-side comparison with Jersey City. It really does resemble a city layout. Interesting stuff!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Truth is, we will never know for sure until we get feet on the ground.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

And that is a long ways away.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

And that is a long ways away.

Yes,sir, if we ever do.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And I really doubt that we will set foot on Mars, unless we get pulled into another space race.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to see proof of other life in the galaxy I don't believe this is any more than a misinterpretation of geography.

1st of all in the site's top image it shows a scale of 2 kilometers across and there is nothing at all visible beyond natural landscape. Well here on Google Earth you can view any city at that scale and actually see myriad details. None of it comes out until its highy magnified. And the "street" lines are not at all straight really.

There's lots of weird geography here and on other bodies in this solar system.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to see proof of other life in the galaxy I don't believe this is any more than a misinterpretation of geography.

1st of all in the site's top image it shows a scale of 2 kilometers across and there is nothing at all visible beyond natural landscape. Well here on Google Earth you can view any city at that scale and actually see myriad details. None of it comes out until its highy magnified. And the "street" lines are not at all straight really.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
VERY good find! Excellent!

Absolutely perfect for ATS' focus on Ancient and Lost Civilizations.

Satellite photos of Mars are far, FAR more legitimate as evidence of an ancient and lost civilization than for example, the fact that the I Ching is based on a binary numerical system, and contains a calendar similar to the Mayan calendar.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
When you post a photo like this you open yourself up to all kinds if criticizm. Welcome to the club, but the good news is you have found a site. I have spent thousands of hours scanning Mars mission photos, ground zero as well as satellite photos. Mars is loaded with statues, monuments and artifacts, in fact on Mars what you think and see is isn't and what you think and see isn't is. I have learned to see things on Mars that few are able to see using techniques that were given to me by the Great Ones. These techniques have enabled me to find many incredible finds in our solar system. Life is on Mars and I have catagorized several life forms that I have discovered and named. The Marmies, Sandmaries and Marrockies to name a few. Water is very evident on Mars and was known to exist way before the Spirit and Opportunity missions. The Pathfinder Sojourner mission was more incredible then most thought possible. There before all the humanoid Earthlings viewing this great event on Mars were 4 humanoid and alien skulls strategically placed together for this world Earth to see. Isn't it strange that no one took the time to announce this magnificent find. The Viking missions were a home run varifying life to exist on the red planet. Only speculation and misreading of the data we were told about proof of microbial life being discovered on Mars. Sorry folks the microbes ate the slurrymix and as we call it on Earth passed gas. Remember in the land of the blind the being with one eye is king.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Uh…. I’m not seeing anything in the picture. Just a bunch of rocks on mars. Maybe I’m not trained in the way of mars looking but I really don’t see anything out of the ordinary. So..uh… maybe you could point out what your seeing with arrows. Yea Arrows!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

and alien skulls strategically placed together

ooh I'd love to see that

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think it looks perfectly natural. I mean, just go to google maps and zoom in on random areas of the desert in Saudi Arabia or around there. It look pretty much the same. Some areas look sandy, others look like rocks all over the place.

I even found a strange circle of U shaped objects, until I realized I had found tank trenches, lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cruizer

What do you know about geography if you do not mind me asking?

1st of all in the site's top image it shows a scale of 2 kilometers across and there is nothing at all visible beyond natural landscape.

Define 'natural' as our definitions are clearly not coming from the same dictionary.

Well here on Google Earth you can view any city at that scale and actually see myriad details.

So now it becomes a interesting question as to why the people at NASA keeps sending such pathetic camera's and scientific equipment to Mars. You would think that with all that expense they can give us at least the same resolution as the Sat's that orbits our planet? If they did send the best camera they could where is all the high resolution pictures?

None of it comes out until its highy magnified. And the "street" lines are not at all straight really.

So why do we have to magnify? Where is the high resolution stuff? I see plenty of straight lines but then i am not doing my best to find skew one's so maybe that's it.

Which you obviously do not know so much about so why try cover what you can not explain with blanket denials concerning things you have not investigated properly? I have looked at a few pictures it becomes pretty obvious that there is enough artificial structures in our solar system to point in the direction of extensive previous in habitation....

If you respond please try to address my questions and don't simply restate your opinion as if this is some kind of communication problem! I have observed how you treat facts when it comes to something as easily studied as the Mig-25 so i can barely wait to see what you do here.

Stellar

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think its a geological formation look at the pic i made from the original
Picture Mars

[edit on 21-10-2006 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The image on that site is not in the same state as the original from the MOC gallery.

The contrast has been enhanced, so what may have been 10 shades of grey may have been transformed in black, making it look completly different.

I used the original gif image and tried to make 3 images like the ones on that site. After that I changed the brightness levels, taking care not to loose any detail, and resized the images to 200%, and I got these results:

As you can see, the effect is not the same.

Originally posted by StellarX
So now it becomes a interesting question as to why the people at NASA keeps sending such pathetic camera's and scientific equipment to Mars. You would think that with all that expense they can give us at least the same resolution as the Sat's that orbits our planet? If they did send the best camera they could where is all the high resolution pictures?

The only reason I see for that is the weight of the equipment, one thing is a satellite that is only km from the Earth and another thing is a satellite that as to travel 55 million Km to reach its destination.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
On this particular Mars photo that I am talking about convinced me beyond a shadow of a dought life exists on Mars today. Not the 4 skulls but what I saw next seemed impossible. I am looking for lifeforms on Mars and right before my eyes in this photo is a rock, now I am thinking the size of Mount Rushmore. Remember the Pathfinder is a tiny roving robot with cameras focused and riding near the surface. This rock is actually very small and the photo of this rock threw me for a loop. I call this rock Mount Rushmar.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by rikriley]

[edit on 21-10-2006 by rikriley]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If you will look at the upper left hand corner of the photo you will see a head of a statue approximately 30 meters high by 25 meters wide. This statue looks similar to an Aztec design. To locate the statue precisely look between the E in Extreme and the larger square which is the actual photo before being enlarged. You will see a white band running horizontal on the head of the statue. You will not see it at first do not get impatient it will take you a minute to adjust your eyes to see the statue. The face is looking toward you but is looking approximately at a 45 degree right angle, and the statue is charcoal gray in this photo. There is much much more in this photo but it takes a trained eye to see these things. Remember I have been trained by the Great Ones to see these statues, monuments, artifacts and lifeforms. Yes you read it right Mars is loaded with everything I just mentioned. I repeat on Mars what you think and see is isn't and what you think and see isn't is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join