It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Patent 5,507,291 for emotional state??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
(Apologies if this has been discussed, I searched, found nothing) Also I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct place.

I would like to know your thoughts regarding this. This isn't the only one that pertains to mind control or thought invasion. This particular patent has been out since 1994. Here is an insert from link:

In a method for remotely determining information relating to a person's emotional state, an waveform energy having a predetermined frequency and a predetermined intensity is generated and wirelessly transmitted towards a remotely located subject. Waveform energy emitted from the subject is detected and automatically analyzed to derive information relating to the individual's emotional state. Physiological or physical parameters of blood pressure, pulse rate, pupil size, respiration rate and perspiration level are measured and compared with reference values to provide information utilizable in evaluating interviewee's responses or possibly criminal intent in security sensitive areas.

patft.uspto.gov.../5507291&RS= PN/5507291

I'm sorry. If this is real this bothers me greatly!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Patent 5,159,703

patft.uspto.gov.../5159703&RS= PN/5159703

This invention relates in general to electronic audio signal processing and, in particular, to subliminal presentation techniques.

This patent states that there are subliminal devices which could very well control our way of thinking. What I'd like to know is how, when and where are these used. How can the government justify the right to utilize such devices? Isn't this tampering with our rights? Because I can tell you this; I certainly would have to be unaware of this/these devices being used on me or someone close to me, otherwise I would not allow this or volunteer!

[edit on 5-10-2006 by HarpStrings]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The first one you listed doesn't bother me as much as the second one. I don't see the first one as being able to induce behavior, just track it. I would think something like this would be used to track sexual preditors or something like that. The second one is of more concern because it can influence behavior, but subliminal messages have been around for a long time. It is no surprise that this is out there. Also, if you look at the date of submission, it's an old patent. I think subliminal messages are illegal now, aren't they?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm doing some thorough research into this (as we type) But I'm under the impression that neither Patent has been sealed so to speak. In other words, yes, of course mind control is illigal, but the government does things illigal or at the least, they do things that we are unaware of.

Also, I realized that these particular two Patents, if used in conjunction, could ultimately cause a person to go insane and then provide proof all in one clean swipe!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
www.raven1.net...

Insert from above link:

Subliminally, a much more powerful technology was at work: a sophisticated electronic system to 'speak' directly to the mind of
the listener, to alter and entrain his brainwaves, to manipulate
his brain's electroencephalograph ic (EEG) patterns and
artificially implant negative emotional states-feelings of fear,
anxiety, despair and hopelessness. This subliminal system doesn't
just tell a person to feel an emotion, it makes them feel it; it
implants that emotion in their minds.[2]

The article falls in line with the Patent 5,159,703 and also this article was written in 1998 which is 6 years after the Patent was established. I cannot find evidence to support that this Patent and the others like it are no longer in use. This particular Patent could be used in televisions, computers, video games, music cd's, telephones, heck it could be placed in a light bulb or anything that requires electricity or battery for function.

There is much discussion on subliminals and mind control and here, in my opinion is patented proof, yet I can't figure out why there aren't more thoughts, opinions?

Do people go silent when conspiracies are 'possibly' uncovered?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Maybe they've been "told" not to notice.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You need to shorten those first two links, Harp. Here's a handy little tool just for that or you could use the hyperlink tool as shown in the picture below for that.

[edit on 2006/10/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings
Patent 5,159,703

link

Subliminal learning enjoys wide use today and subliminal tapes are being manufactured by a number of companies in the United States alone. Several decades of scientific study indicate that subliminal messages can influence a human's attitudes and behavior. Subliminal, in these discussions, can be defined as "below the threshold of audibility to the conscious mind."

Patent 5,159,703

I have to question the basis of the patent itself. I know of no evidence that subliminal learning is possible as it is described here.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sounds to me like they are developing a way to read people, or perhaps empathic simulators for AI programs. That would worry me the most for the way it could be developed.

The potential for artifical telepathy would not interest any one...

top topics

join