It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 is London today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
chips put into passports
britain is the new 1984
news.ninemsn.com.au...
where will the next chips be going?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Already being (been) discussed here, here, and here.

But yes, by clicking on the first link you can see how unhappy about this I am.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't see how making passports (theoretically) more fraud-proof (although apparently some clever German guy has already 'chipped' them) is Big Brother. As a Brit, I have to say that the old things were being stolen and forged at an alarming rate - as far as I'm concerned, if a Kosovan illegal immigrant uses a passport that says his is 6 ft 2 in with blond hair, when he is in actuality 5 ft 4 in and bald, it works for me.

Orwell's Big Brother government was ruthlessly efficient and utterly evil. I wouldn't trust any British civil servant to run a piss-up in a brewery, and whilst dealing with Tony Blair would need you feeling slightly nauseous and in need of a shower, I wouldnt' compare him to big brother.

Hell, London's the preferred location for your average firebrand fundamentalist islamic preacher who fancies receiving generous government benefits and accomodation, so I don't think they're that bad.

TD

PS I used my new Biometric passport to get into North Dakota from Canada in the summer. The US border guards were very nice, and very impressed by the passport - but unfortunately didn't have the machine to read it!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
personally i think it is worse than the 1984 novel, and is going to just get worse. people are just obsessed with power.

advise any of your kids if they want to destroy anyones lifes they hate, go join the police in england. there they will have every opportunity to murder any one they like.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
this crossed my mind today when i saw the news report about car insurance,

having a traker that can monitor your speed,what road your on,how agressivly you take corners,

may have been cos evan the repoter said people may feel its too "big brother"as insurance companies will be obliged to give these details if you are involved in a crash,who wants to pay a pound a mile on the motoways at night? thats ridiculus

And i also thought this when i heard Gordon Browns idea to pass controle of the NHS to a indipendant body,will these civil sevants be accountable??

what nexts our army? our education system?

and the tories want to give power back to them too!! sure teacher now how to teach and doctors know more about how to run a hospital,but theres something here that troubles me.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We are being watched most of the time at the moment. Before long we will be being watched everywhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

personally i think it is worse than the 1984 novel, and is going to just get worse. people are just obsessed with power.

advise any of your kids if they want to destroy anyones lifes they hate, go join the police in england. there they will have every opportunity to murder any one they like.

Erm, ok, care to explain how? Your post doesn't seem to make much sense. The police don't offer you licences to kill?

new topics

top topics

join