It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spielberg's "The Terminal" Hidden Message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I am proposing that there was a written "hidden" message intentionally embedded in this movie. I say "hidden" because I have heard of no one else who has ever noticed it in the movie; but once you do notice, it's undeniable. I can only speculate on the meaning of the message, if it does in fact have a meaning. But I'm inclined to assume that it does, since someone (I personally believe Spielberg) put forth some effort to put it there (it didn't just get in that shot by accident).

The scene is towards the end of the movie as Hanks is finally about to leave the airport. Right after he goes down the elscalator the camera pans down. As it pans down it quickly passes over an overhanging sign. It is here that you will see the message. It is written inside a photocopied image of Hanks' hand on a sheet of paper. The best I can make out the message (with Tivo paused) is "Free The Grail". This message (and the symbolism of the photocopied hand) could also be linked with the arrogant remarks made by the airport czar as Hanks' hand is being scanned.

So there you have it.

^_^

[edit on 5-10-2006 by notricks66]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I've seen the movie but of course didn't notice anything like this. Can you make a picture of this movieframe?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is also like the hidden meaning and symblism in the MATRIX movies -

Neo is like the second coming of christ yet he does not know it until the time is right.

That underground city complex they are trying to save from the MATRIX is called ZION - aka Israel....coincidence or not.

And another thing I realised, is that the bad guys are caucasion whilst the good guys are either african/asian etc. coincidence or not?

I think there are alot of hidden messages in movies. I reckon the terminator series of movies is a prophetic warning about what our future is going to be like within our lifetimes.

anyone care to add?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm with Olafski. A screen shot (or at least time frame) would be great. Any suggestions as to what you think the message means?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'll work on getting the screen shot.

-Exact time frame- not sure, other than what I've posted earlier.

-Meaning- now that's a tough one. I can point to other artistic messages Spielberg has used in the past; such as at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Ark of the Covenant is transported from Germany to America after the war, only to be locked away. There are some books out there that discuss the interconnectedness of the Grail & the Ark.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
How far away or how close was "The Da Vinci Code" when the movie came out? Since film directors always like to try to take current events and put them in the movie to make it seem more real, I'd imagine that something like "Free The Grail" if someone noticed it would probably make them think of The Da Vinci Code if it was around that time that either the book or the movie had either just come out or was about to come out.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
How far away or how close was "The Da Vinci Code" when the movie came out? Since film directors always like to try to take current events and put them in the movie to make it seem more real, I'd imagine that something like "Free The Grail" if someone noticed it would probably make them think of The Da Vinci Code if it was around that time that either the book or the movie had either just come out or was about to come out. [/quote

The Da Vinci Code is copyrighted 2003

[edit on 6-10-2006 by mooonhoxe]

top topics

join