It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Solution to Political Dishonesty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

www.vaiden.net..." border=0>

Google boss warns politicians about Internet power

Imagine being able to check instantly whether or not statements made by politicians were correct. That is the sort of service Google Inc. boss Eric Schmidt believes the Internet will offer within five years.

Politicians have yet to appreciate the impact of the online world, which will also affect the outcome of elections, Schmidt said in an interview with the Financial Times published on Wednesday.

He predicted that "truth predictor" software would, within five years, "hold politicians to account." People would be able to use programs to check seemingly factual statements against historical data to see to see if they were correct.

More...

What an interesting concept.

Of course, what would be true for the politicians would also potentially be true for everyone else.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by loam]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ah yes, but who is to say that Google won't offer up their version of the "truth" to achieve their own aims, political or otherwise? Will there be a detector to check their "truth"?

I don't take anything on the Net as gospel. At the very least I research multiple sources and even check "real world" sources before I buy into anything. I think it is certainly possible that there is more mis-information than truth on the Net. If nothing else, the mis-info is easier to find.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Will there be a detector to check their "truth"?

So true.

join