It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien artifact or scrap metal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What is it's chemical composition and importantly wha are the atomic numbers of the elements it is composed of. This should tell you if these elements are terrestrial or not.
Ask yourself this however: If you where in possesion of a genuine extraterrestrial artifact would you really sell it on e-bay?
Have you found any conceivable use for this?
If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hope you didn't pay too much for it.
Because it looks like you've been taken for a ride (and I don't mean in a flying saucer).
It's sad really, that sharks like that would prey on such trusting people.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You would think that something extraterrestial would be made with extreme precision. Just look at it closely and I think you will get your answer.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It looks like a piece of metal someone made to look like their interpretation of what an alien artifact should look like and then sold it for whatever they could get to a gullible buyer interested in the potential of possessing for themselves what they hope to be an alien artifact. eBay's Weird stuff/truly/bizarre category is replete with this kind of stuff: ghosts in a box, magic potions, etc. I especially like the 'creature in a shadow box' which comes up all the time. Here's one:

LINK< br />
Maybe he's the one that made your artifact??

Anyway - I think your metal thing is really cool looking anyway - I'll give you $5 for it.

BTW - ATSers - go to eBay's "Everything Else > weird stuff > really weird" category and type in "alien" to have some fun.

All said - an open mind we must have, so rather than showing us some nice photos that we can't prove anything by, please take Tony's suggestion and have the composition analyzed. If it's anything but terrestrial, PLEASE report back here so we can eat some crow.

My bet is is that you have a hunk of pewter... Oh ok - make it six bucks, my best and final offer...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - shortened link

[edit on 4-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
As a metalsmith; to me it looks like sterling cast with the lost wax technique.

The graphics were stamped on the wax using a series of tools made from center punches and screwdrivers.

All in all a nice little trinket made in the studio of a fairly competent jeweler.

Maybe he/she was an alien. Doubt it though.

Don't take less than 30 beans for it!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sterling? Nahhhh... not from eBay. Lost wax works with pewter as well.

6$, sr. Agenda - take it or leave it...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
WOW, now this is something we should all want to buy off e-bay, now dont click this link if you dont want to be amazed, all I can say is Oh My God!!!

cgi.ebay.com...

This is strange, it looks real, dont be shocked by the Alien Ant Farm music!!

cgi.ebay.com...

[edit on 5-10-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
[removed unnecessary quote of Entire previous post]

A walkthrough?

I think your linky is wrong

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/5/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Is the piece of metal sharp enough to cut anything.
It looks cool though, something to put on the mantle piece.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
After looking at the OP's pics, I would say that it is a knife handle that has been twisted. Possibly heated up and twisted. Could have been manipulated in several ways but you can see the unaltered end with the single little hole.

The symbols look to have a Russian influence to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hmmmm...

I have this terrible vision of a bunch of little aliens in a small craft workshop somewhere in the cosmos knocking these out by the hundred for the tourist market. I thought the velour pouch was a nice touch though.

Can I ask - what exactly does one do with it?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It is the exact same piece of "debris" from a Steven speilberg SF series TAKEN

So i think it's either a replica of the movie set piece.

www.scifi.com...

See the resebmlance to the piece used on the splashpage ? The only difference is that in that pic the runes are glowing greenish.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by XyZeR]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
looks like a poorly made prop for some movie set - I am sure its not Alien and probably younger than me

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nice find XiZer. I knew that piece looked familiar. Definitely a replica from the piece on the movie Taken. Unless we get a post about the chemical composition that shows otherwise...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This artifact smells strange, it smells like its an ionic breeze it has an electrical smell to it. It has three holes that go into the interior and you can see what looks like dried up muscles or veins. It also has a very strange arua about it, when you hold you feel warm and fuzzy all over no kidding.

maybe we could all experiment with it somehow?

Any ideas?

I like the idea of getting it tested whom would I contact about that?

I spent over 500 us dollars on it too.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda
What do you think of this artifact? Bought it from eBay last year, thought I would share it with all of you.

You knew what it was when you bought it. What a maroon...

RARE SCI FI "TAKEN" UFO ALIEN ARTIFACT PROP W/CERTIF

"YOU ARE BIDDING ON A VERY RARE STEVEN SPIELBERG "TAKEN" REPRODUCTION
ALIEN ARTIFACT # 1371 OF 1500. IT IS LIKE THE ONE FOUND AT THE UFO CRASH
SITE THAT APPEARS IN THE SERIES TV EVENT. THIS WAS A PROMO ITEM GIVEN OUT
TO MOSTLY CABLE COMPANIES.COMES WITH A BEAUTIFUL DARK BLUE VELVET POUCH
& CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY WHICH IS SLIGHTLY BENT. THE UFO ARTIFACT IS
MADE OF A POLISHED STEEL.VERY NICE CONVERSATION PIECE TO PLACE IN YOUR
UFO COLLECTION."

Image thumbnail is still cached at Google:

Edit to break the lines; sorry 'bout that.

PS, if you spent 500 USD, you were the one who got 'taken'.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by rand]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
rand that's not the one I bought from ebay, I sent overy 500$ on it. I would appreciate it if you limmit the size of your superior intellect and did not call me a moron.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Whether he knew it beforehand or not.. mystery solved! You guys are goooood

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Agenda
rand that's not the one I bought from ebay, I sent overy 500$ on it. I would appreciate it if you limmit the size of your superior intellect and did not call me a moron.

That's "maroon", as in "isolated and resourceless" -- ie, clueless -- and is actually a quotation from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, and, as I edited in above, if you spent over 500 USD you were the one who got 'taken'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join