It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mind of an Alien

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Just to lay the groundwork here, this thread operates on the following assumptions:

Aliens exist.
Aliens regularly visit our planet earth.
Aliens are significantly smarter than the inhabitants of our planet earth.

If you feel the need to argue these assumptions...move on.

After reading a number of threads regarding the intentions of aliens, I feel that opinions fall into one of three camps:

a)
Aliens regard humans as little more than ants, and our planet as little more than an anthill. The alien traffic seen on our planet is the result of, at the most, casual curiosity and, at the least, sheer intergalactic boredom.

b)
Aliens discovered earthly humans a long long time ago and have developed a vested interest in them. The aliens have subsequently created a very detailed plan that only precious few humans are privy to. The plan has been propagated by complete alien control of human governments, and will come to fruition in some grand display of alien supremacy. (As far as the “grand display”, I’ve heard speculations ranging from humans being removed from earth in a rapture-like exodus, to complete annihilation of the human race.)

c)
Aliens created us. Humans have souls only because they were provided by aliens. Aliens hope we do things “right”, but simply watch us, without meddling, like pets under glass. The God that religious people talk about? It’s just aliens.

Now I’ve never been abducted, or even contacted by aliens.
Furthermore, I’ve never been in the CIA. In fact, I didn’t even score very well on the ASVAB.

But, just looking at things logically, I think we can make the following assertion:

Only one of these scenarios can be true…they are mutually exclusive. Either the aliens are apathetic toward us, manipulating us, or our creators.

What camp are you in, and why do you believe what you do?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well I honetly don't believe along either of those lines.

It's my opinion, that if aliens are indeed visiting us, and it's in my opinion
that one or two may be visiting us, that they find us interesting, perhaps
because we're the first intelligent species hey've found, or perhaps we're
like them, but don't want to interfere in our natural develpment process,
or otherwise known as the Vulcan Hypothesis.

Why I believe what I do.

Well, look at how old our version of the universe is, it's quite posible a
life bearing world could have formed and bore life millions or even a
few billion years before ours.

Also, lok at how much more advancedwe'd be if we'd not lost the
knowledge in the Alexandrian library, or if we had'nt had the dark ages.

To assume that no species i capable of visiting us is IMO an ignorant
thing to think.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Well I honetly don't believe along either of those lines.

It's my opinion, that if aliens are indeed visiting us, and it's in my opinion
that one or two may be visiting us, that they find us interesting, perhaps
because we're the first intelligent species hey've found, or perhaps we're
like them, but don't want to interfere in our natural develpment process,
or otherwise known as the Vulcan Hypothesis.

Good point. I've heard this angle referred to as the "Zoo Hypothesis." As in, we are the animals and they're fascinated by us.

However, I think that the Vulcan or Zoo Hypothesis is simply the decision stage that eventually led to either an "apathetic alien" or "manipulating alien" scenario.

Here is a universal line of thought when an intelligent creature encounters something unknown to it:

Encounter -> Assess -> Act

I don't believe that an alien race would simply tread water in the "assess" stage any more than I think humans do that. Inevitably, aliens will either decide that this is a situation worth being involved in, or they will decide that it's a situation that really isn't worthy of their time.

In short, I feel like the trademark of higher reasoning is answering the question "What is my role in this scenario?" An extremely intelligent race would be able to answer that question regarding the earth after a relatively short amount of time, and act on it according to their assessment.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I beleive we were created by the aliens, and we could be one of the least inteligent species about. But the reason I think we were created is because of the days of the ancient egyptions and the hinduism religion has more than one god were as chritianity has one god, but say these gods are aliens and all competeing for the humans beleif, wh yI dont know but if they ever need help in the future they can call on their human followers, I know its a bit jaded and not thought out to well (I only came up with this on the spure of the moment)

But I do think all gods are aliens and the aliens wiped out ancient myans for unknown reasons.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Buzzzzz

wrong.

Aliens do not regularly visit us they are already "here"

that comes from my research in the correct area.

But this is just my opinion, please do your own research.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by RavenWindfree]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenWindfree
Buzzzzz

wrong.

Aliens do not regularly visit us they are already "here"

that comes from my research in the correct area.

But this is just my opinion, please do your own research.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by RavenWindfree]

The above is a perfect example of why I am firmly entrenched in the "apathetic alien" camp.

That is, every single person I have ever met who has rock solid proof of alien involvment in human affairs is, for some reason or another, completely unwilling or unable to share said proof.

I'm not saying that people like RavenWindfree are lying to me.
I'm saying that I am as likely to give creedence to that type of claim as I am to give my wallet to a robber who shoves his finger in his coat and says he has a gun.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Good point. I've heard this angle referred to as the "Zoo Hypothesis." As in, we are the animals and they're fascinated by us.

There's a difference betwee thezoo hypothesis and the Vulcan
hypothesis though.

Put it this way, zoo hyp. can be compared to us looking at a tiger,
or some other animal.

Vulcan hyp. can be compared to us studying a tribe from S. America,
thats never had contact with the modern world.

Encounter -> Assess -> Act

I don't believe that an alien race would simply tread water in the "assess" stage any more than I think humans do that. Inevitably, aliens will either decide that this is a situation worth being involved in, or they will decide that it's a situation that really isn't worthy of their time.

In short, I feel like the trademark of higher reasoning is answering the question "What is my role in this scenario?" An extremely intelligent race would be able to answer that question regarding the earth after a relatively short amount of time, and act on it according to their assessment.

That's the thing though, you're comparing alien psychology to general
human psychology.

Aliens are by definition alien, and as such very different from us.

I mean just ook at the differences in human psychology, when we
discover a tribal society that does'nt know abou the modern world,
we don't interact with them as soon as we discover them, we study
them at a distance, than decide if we should wait, study them more,
or contact them.

SHA

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I believe they're already here, during this summer I spotted many UFO's, I'm not saying they're necessarily alien but I live in a small town without any airbases nearby and I know exactly what a plane looks like during day or night, so what are they? I seriously doubts the UFO's I've seen have anything to do with the military.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You also have to consider our current laws... Aliens just couldnt come here and say hi if they wanted too... They dont have the right paper work! I hear the word Aliens on TV all the time, and they are always illegal Aliens..
So if they where to come here, wouldnt we have to change our Law systems??
Becasue legally if they came here we would have to put them in Jail or ship them back to where they came from...
Unless they would wait in line, and take care of all the proper paperwork...
Just seems to me this system is not set up to cater out of this world life just yet..
Sounds silly I know, but makes sense if you think about it, and you belive...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

That's the thing though, you're comparing alien psychology to general
human psychology.

But don't you think that after a certain amount of time (and that time could be hundreds and hundreds of years), the aliens would either lose interest or get involved.

You make a great point that we are talking about ALIENS and that their psyche is likely VERY different than ours. But, in my opinion, the only way that aliens would spend their time in a constant and infinite cyle of hands-off supervision is if they had absolutely no connection to time as we know it.

The only way that a creature has no connection to time is if it doesn't die and, therefore, isn't really concerned how long things take. If aliens don't die and have no connection to time, then that theory is inching quite close to the "diety alien" camp.

Because I believe that aliens die and, therefore, are familiar with the concept of time and, therefore, are familiar with the concept of "urgency", I think that they would not spend millenia surveying another, far inferior, society. Sooner or later, they would stop.

And there are only two options when you stop surveying, in my opinion...you've lost interest, or you've broken the fourth wall and gotten involved.

Originally posted by SHA
I believe they're already here...

No argument against that on this thread...the question is, why do you think they're here? Do you think that UFOs are dinking around in deserted areas of the earth because they are planning a universal coup, or simply because they found the planetary equivalent of an empty parking lot to do some brodies in?

In my opinion, it's the latter.

Originally posted by SHA
You also have to consider our current laws... Aliens just couldnt come here and say hi if they wanted too...

The picture I have in my mind is a state trooper walking up next to a massive saucer and saying calmly to the gray in the window:

"License, registration, proof of insurance..."

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Essedarius]

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Essedarius]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
TBH the more I think about it the more cosy I get with PEADY's thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and explanation.

At the end of the day, why TF would they want to talk with us? That is especially true considering the other recent threads about the immense size of the universe, and therefore how many other 'folk' they can meet........tbh I do find 'the general public' more of an annoyance than ppl I would like to meet - and im from here!!

How about a 4th option Essedarius; they are here but they would prefer not to know us?

[edit on 5/10/06 by Strodyn]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
tbh I do find 'the general public' more of an annoyance than ppl I would like to meet - and im from here!!

Hehe...

How about a 4th option Essedarius; they are here but they would prefer not to know us?

I'm going to file that under the "apathetic alien."

In my opinion, apathy towards a subject occurs when an intelligent creature (a) determines that something is not a threat, then (b) determines that the subject is not a benefit.

Saying that they would prefer not to know us is implying that the aliens have determined that we are a threat (even if it's simply a threat to their sensibilities...a threat to their reputation if they get caught hanging out with interplanetary trash like us!).

I just don't see us making that big a splash in the reality-pool of an alien race.
We barely make a ripple, I reckon.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I know what fish are, but I dont 'fish'........I also don't consider fish a threat........I am pretty apothetic about fish.
However as you pointed out subtlely in your post, I don't hide myself from fish. You have therefore influenced me - how much I dont know; me goes to ponder.

EDIT - btw i never edited your post - I think you translocated a [quote] thing?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a)
Aliens regard humans as little more than ants, and our planet as little more than an anthill. The alien traffic seen on our planet is the result of, at the most, casual curiosity and, at the least, sheer intergalactic boredom.

not quite, although im sure other ETs have done this.

b)
Aliens discovered earthly humans a long long time ago and have developed a vested interest in them. The aliens have subsequently created a very detailed plan that only precious few humans are privy to. The plan has been propagated by complete alien control of human governments, and will come to fruition in some grand display of alien supremacy. (As far as the “grand display”, I’ve heard speculations ranging from humans being removed from earth in a rapture-like exodus, to complete annihilation of the human race.)

they had more to do with life on here than Eziekel's fire chariot.

c)
Aliens created us. Humans have souls only because they were provided by aliens. Aliens hope we do things “right”, but simply watch us, without meddling, like pets under glass. The God that religious people talk about? It’s just aliens.

YES, they created us...the bible is some damn great evidence of this.

but in all honestly, i don't think anyone can say we know exactly what they're doing
with us. or why they created us...or exactly what their agenda is.
time will tell with that...

but the fact of the matter is, they created us, they're here and always been here.
they're flying around by thousands right now in space above our planet and it doesn't
seem like they're going to go anwhere anytime soon.

something is coming though, i promise you all that.
there's gonna come a day where the skys are going to be FILLED with them.
everyone is going to be able to see them all over the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod edit - fixed quote

[edit on 5-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But don't you think that after a certain amount of time (and that time could be hundreds and hundreds of years), the aliens would either lose interest or get involved

Well, like I said, aliens are different han us, they may spend their entire
life time studying something, and subsequent geneations may as well.

I mean think about it, I mean if I were the alien, and I came across the
first planet that had intelligence, but they were technologically primitive,
I would'nt interact, I'd watch and research.

And something to, they may not actually ber actively watching, they may
have computers that watch us, and report anything interesting to them.

Because I believe that aliens die and, therefore, are familiar with the concept of time and, therefore, are familiar with the concept of "urgency", I think that they would not spend millenia surveying another, far inferior, society. Sooner or later, they would stop.

Well aliens may have developed technology that has made them pretty
much immortal, I mean it's not impossible.

Aliens to may have much longer lifespans than us, perhaps aliens have
an average lifespan of 600 years, if that were the case, than aliens
could watch us change.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think that much of it boils down to your idea of creation and God.

Obviously, if you believe in God then option #3 is out.

If you do believe in God, then you would believe that the aliens have been created the same way that humans were created but with a big head start, or a much bigger cranial capacity from the beginning.

If we come from the same source as aliens do, then I don't think it's out of the realm of reason to argue that we share certain concepts such as "time" and "attention."

If that is the case, then even if aliens do have near-immortal lifespans, I just don't see them spending that time sitting and looking at humans, which are probably the cosmic equivalent of mold.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wonder what they could be doing here with us too. Could they be using earth as a waypoint or depo? Could we just be intelligent animals to them that need to be kept at bay while they are out and about on the planet. Like how we avoid monkeys or try to prohibit them from entering our villages near the jungle. They run amok and steal everything, could we be viewed as similar?

Could we have been a grand engineering experimnet started eons ago by an overly ambitious alien race. Maybe we didn't turn out as well as they would have liked and are still trying to correct the experiment. Maybe they didn't expect one of their experiments on earth to become as sentient as it did and they are now watching over us. Maybe for curiosity, maybe beacuse they feel they are morally obligated to, maybe we are a universaly know great tragedy to these aliens and they know we ain't going to survive or evolve into something better, so they are preparing to colonize aerth further once we get out of the way.

Maybe we came about naturaly and they morally can't put dibs on our planet cause we are here, but the earth has something of great value in this galactic neck of the woods and they try to avoid us while harvesting whatever it is that they are interested in. Gotta get the honey but avoid the bees so to speak.

We could actually be of interest to them because for some strange reason we evolved naturaly but alarmingly fast and they are here to figure out why, and are actually pretty impressed with us, although disapointed like any adult at a kids immaturity.

Maybe we posses qualities that are fairly unique or rare in the galaxy and that they are here to observe that quality. Might be asier than treking to the outskirts of the galaxy to see the other species that shares the trait, we could just be more convienient for them to study.

Maybe they are in awe of our destructive abilities and mindset and think wow, these creatures would make formedable warriors, for they have no qualms about destroying things haphazardly.

Maybe they are just going down memory lane, and studing us to understand their own past or to re live it from 1,000,000,000 years ago when their race was where ours currently is.

Maybe they see that we are going to get the starts one way or another and they concider us an emmerging galactic civilization, and they are here to watch this and maybe steer us a little. like being a parent when the teenager gets his license to drive. They could be here for a lot of reasons.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My opinion? Well, for what it's worth: I believe there are bloodlines today that go back to the first contact with E.T.s. Some humans are a direct result of Alien DNA manipulation; others are an indirect result caused by inter-breeding amongst those who were created, and those who were untouched.

And there may have been many species of Aliens who have interrupted/altered progression of life on Earth, at separate time intervals in the history of the entities we call human...

When speaking to contactees today whose family stories go back as many as 5 generations (supported via diaries, journals, and family legends of contact during each generation with Beings from another Time/Space/Dimension), it's not difficult for me to see that the progenetors of these bloodlines have a significant interest in each next generation. And whether or not we have actual implanted hardware or genetically grown software that allows the Aliens to locate us, it really doesn't matter. They can always find us! I was "missing" for about two years. (I'd moved across the U.S. abruptly) When They found me, They said they'd known it was "just a matter of time" until They relocated my vibration. When I asked, "Well, what if I'd been killed?" the response was, "We would have known instantly if your life force ceased."

My own family connection and belief in UFOs goes back to people born in the 1880s. My mother believes her eggs were altered before she met my father, and I began having contact with Beings from somewhere else prior to my brother's birth--my brother and I are only 14 1/2 months apart in age. I remember being told about his impending birth, and that (in Their words) he would be defective, which ultimately turned out to be correct.

I am still contacted, occasionally, and for most of my adult life I have been drawn to others who have witnessed UFOs or been contacted, as well. (These are not people I've deliberately sought--rather, they are people with whom I've worked, lived near, or met in a plethora of social settings. It's only after a friendship and trust has been established, I've learned that more than 75% of my associations have had similar experiences.)

Six years ago I began deliberately associating with groups who openly discuss this subject. It is no accident that we who have been "tweaked" are drawn to others whose bloodlines share the same alterations and heritage.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Tweaked,
Well as a believer that our consciousness is all tied together, I wonder if they are physically tracking you or by your consciousness...or both? I would think they would know where you were at pretty quick if they had a biological GPS type system on you.

I may be off on a tangent but I find it odd that people who take '___' see aliens or what they think are aliens. It would make sense that maybe they are tied into the collective consciousness and can possibly monitor it. If Remote Viewing works for us by jumping into the conscious stream and viewing a different place or person, then maybe they do something similar. I only say that because of an NDE I had, and was able to experience what it's like to tap into that stream and feel the knowledge of everything stretching to infinity. Sounds kooky when you are in your physcial body, but I can still visualize the very real feeling of being inside that stream. The more I read up on things the more I wonder if a technologically advanced species has learned to tap into that stream. I'm not saying this to make you feel nervous...if it took them two years to find you then they aren't that sharp.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Tweaked,
Well as a believer that our consciousness is all tied together, I wonder if they are physically tracking you or by your consciousness...or both? I would think they would know where you were at pretty quick if they had a biological GPS type system on you.

The way it was explained to me was via a mental image of crafts circling the Earth in grid patterns. Some were my "family"... some were "others"--not unknown to my progenetors, but not part of their collective. It might take a particular group several months to cover all the grids. And if I wasn't in the grid at the time it was scanned, my vibration/chip/or whatever it is, didn't register. They said once they'd isolated my new grid*, they waited until I was living alone to reconnect. I know exactly when they began re-establishing the link--April 1967. That's when my sleep patterns changed. But my life was so different from the one in the Midwest, and also much different from the initial 2 years on the West Coast, the change in sleep patterns didn't register as UFO-related. It wasn't until I awakened 17 minutes earlier and caught the glowing plasma ball inside my apartment, (and subsequently the UFO over my apartment) that I realized... They're ba-ack!" (I hadn't had a contact that I consciously remembered since I was about 12 years old. So UFOs hadn't been in the forefront of my mind for several years.)

*From what I perceived, grid pattern scans are approximately 150 miles wide. This might be less than what they really are--but this is how I perceived the images I saw.

I've had three regressions. The information I recovered was not extraordinary; it merely verified a lot of things I thought I already knew and remembered, and the new information only seems to show that if I live until 2009, I'll have an awakening of sorts... not sure what that means, but it may have something to do with disaster survival. I believe I've been given the information and the "tools" that will be absolutely necessary. I don't know if this will be a natural disaster, an invasion, a civil uprising, or something else entirely. I don't dwell on it; I don't worry about it. But there's a school at the bottom of the canyon in which I live. When I was 6 years old I saw a projection of this school in rubble while I was on a space craft. It didn't dawn on me that the school at the bottom of my present location was that school until about 8 years ago. When I passed it at the right time of day and looked at it from an angle I'd never seen it from before, it shocked me. And then I had a peaceful feeling of, "Gee... I must be exactly where I'm supposed to be."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join