It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phelp's church may protest at Amish girl's funerals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

Isn't this how terrorists work? JUST A COMPARISON!! I'm not calling them terrorists.

I've watched the video.

I changed my mind.

These people are terrorists.

They condone the killing of innocent people and have no remorse, say God must have wanted those girls dead, and are using the act of murder to get attention and to try to convert people to their religious beliefs.

There is something seriously wrong with these people, I hope they find that they are brainwashed or mentaly ill or something. To think of this group as a bunch of sane people is scary.

[edit on 5/10/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Such people are antithetical to the teachings of the Christ. The Amish and Menonites and the friends (Quakers) are far far more in line with his teachings than these people are.

Religions are what happens to the teachings of a master when the followers realize how hard they are to live up to.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
So let me see if I understand this correctly;

This Phelps cult thats flies the Baptist flag as a front is against all people who dedicate their lives to God?

No Playstations.
No cars.
No cell phones.
No condoms for kids.
No pedophilles on the internet.
No pot or coke or '___'.

Im beginning to understand why this cult feels threatened by the Amish and the Quakers, and such......

To bad afew 100 people wont rally together and storm that cult the next time they have a "religious" service.

Most protesters HATE being protested.

Between this story and the bi-political and media coverup conspiracy of the 3 year old Foley saga, maybe it's time we start protecting our kids with firearms and baseball bats.

Where is a church arsonist when you need one?
(that was a sarcastic joke so dont anybody get any ideas in their head about committing a felony)

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity

To bad afew 100 people wont rally together and storm that cult the next time they have a "religious" service.

Where is a church arsonist when you need one?
(that was a sarcastic joke so dont anybody get any ideas in their head about committing a felony)

Already been done...

The following is quoted from an August 22, 1995, article by Phil Anderson in the Topeka Capital-Journal.

Authorities were investigating two confirmed bomb explosions late Sunday in west Topeka, one of which rocked the home of Shirley Phelps-Roper, daughter of anti-homosexual picketer the Rev. Fred Phelps Sr.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
These people aren't your average nutcases. They are much more dangerous. Educated and they have lots of resources.

They were able to jump on a plane and fly to NYC at the last minute to appear on Gallagher's show. Not cheap.

The father had a law firm... the kids now run it. Shirley Phelps-Roper is a lawyer also. They know the law inside out and how it can protect their hateful antics.

Here's a peek at some of their background:

The law firm

The wacko daughter

[edit on 6-10-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I understand fully why these people (Westboro Church) do the things they do. It is because of their presuppositions.

God hates sinners and punishes sinners therefore all those who die by violent means have been judged by God. They deserved that death for they were either "fags", "whores", "lesbians", etc.

No amount of arguing, especially emotionally charged arguing, is going to change their mind or outlook.

In fact, they would have picketed Jesus burial if they had been there at that time, perhaps called Him a "fag" even. Ironic eh?

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Good point....I wonder if they really would have. Someone should write to Pastor Fred himself...funny though that he rarely is interviewed on TV, rather his daughter makes the public statements

<< 1   >>

join