It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tatzel wurm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   

The tatzel wurm is thought to be nothing more than a tale. Quite a while ago, a pig in germany was seen being attacked by the creature in the photo. From then on, i have not found any reports of sightings of the wurm. What happened to it?

[Edited on 25-11-1989 by Monk]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
it was probably just a boa or python, those europeans, active imaginations, come up with some crazy stuff. But then again that goes for the rest of societies in human history.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hmm i never thought of that. But does a pyton look like a cat?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the most credible reports of the tatzelwyrm describe it as a burrowing, or cave dwelling, nocturnal lizard, or perhaps a large salamander. Usually reported with two short front legs. According to legend, it is very fierce, but all of the credible reports describe a small, elusive lizard-like creature that disappears down a hole. Probably does not eat pigs, if it exists.....

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
There might be a more believable pic...somewhere...A tatzelwurm could be like a slow worm. But...Bigger.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ths slowworm[aka stollenwurm], a legless lizard, is the most likely candidate for the tatzelwyrm. They can grow to about 5' long.
the only photo of the TW I have ever seen was in B> Hellvaman's classic cryptozoological text. Unfortunately, it looks like a hoax photo, even BH thought so.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I saw one a few months ago in my aunties back garden. It was quite well, small. Not short. but small.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Theres a book called dragons:a natural history that has a bit of info on the TW. It was supposedly capable of jumping great distances. in 1954 there was a TW sighting near Palermo, Italy. It is about 4-5 feet long and has a passing remblance to something called a lindorm. Thats all the info i have for now

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I seem to remember seeing a skeleton of this creature, in a photo, not too long ago, though I believe it was in some Scandinavian locale....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I've never even heard of it before. I would think it was probably a large snake. As someone here already said. I do believe that after the Crusades a Crocodile or two were brought back and when one of them escaped the peasants thought it was a dragon and it was recorded as such.

new topics

top topics

join