It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! Demons, Ghosts, or just plain Crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So I have this friend that recently told me about all this stuff that has been happening to them for their entire life involving the paranormal.

It started off with them telling me that they can see ghosts. Not just one ghost in a haunted house or something, but everywhere all the time. Usually at least one a day, sometimes many more.

Then there are some other things they told me just yesterday, about how the ghosts put images in their head of horrible things such as seeing everyone dead, watching people die screaming and moaning, etc. Their dreams (nightmares) are also often the same way. It's so bad that they have tried to kill themselves multiple times.

I totally believe them as they have no reason to suddenly make up all of this stuff for no reason. Now I just want to help them figure out what is going on. At first I thought it might just be ghosts or something, but now with all the gruesome stuff I think there may be something worse involved. If anybody knows what this kind of stuff is associated with, please let me know.

I also haven't ruled out the fact that maybe they are crazy. They aren't even sure themselves if they are crazy or not. So I would also like to know if there are any ways to capture evidence of the ghosts. We tried on webcam when they said that there was one standing in the room, but I couldn't see anything. There may or may not have been a pink orb, but it didn't seem to move, it was just one spot in the same place the whole time so I think it was something on the camera or weird lighting in the room. I've also considered EVPs and regular photography. Basically I want to document something tangible and prove to myself and my friend that they aren't crazy.

I would also like to know a way to make it all stop, if there is one. Do they need an exorcism or is there something easier?

Like I said, I don't know if something is really happening or if maybe they are just schizophrenic or something, but I thought that this would be a place where people would have the most knowledge about it, so I'd like any input anyone has.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First, and your friend shouldn't take this as an accusation, but, does this person use drugs or have they used drugs in the recent past? The reason i ask is sometimes mind altering drugs have an effect where the user feels a heightened awareness and almost a feeling of 'mental superiority' over others around them which 'allows' them to see this type of thing making them 'special'.....even well after use...but, most of the time, its only a delusion.

Second, and again, this is nothing personal. Has your friend showed any interest in the paranormal or simply 'strange' things in general in the past?...alot of times, someone who shows interest in this type of thing read about other peoples experiences and personify themselves to the events. Saying things like..."yeah, the same thing happened to me once.." when the reality, it didn't. This would constitute a neurological problem, perhaps depression or simply a plea for attention.

Thirdly; Your friend could be seeing dead people. They could be picking up on the "life traces" of people left behind in rocks and other 'solids'. Odd that they would be 'moaning' or suffering some sort of agony...almost like a halucination...but, whatever.

OR....they're just trying to freak YOU out because you mentiond the fact that you frequent this forum site where you read about all these weird things that happen to people....

..can't say for sure.....odd though.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi Pulverizer, Im sorry to hear your friend is having such a hard time. Has your friend tried to talk to them or make contact in any way and if so what are their responses?? Whether it's spirit or a psychological disorder has he/she tried to tell them that he/she is not happy with what they are showing them and can they stop?? Also try looking for a way for them to protect themselves and close down negative influences, be it from the sub-conscious mind or spirt. I hope this helps you and your friend.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey Yarcofin, it sounds like you're a good friend to take a serious interest in the problem your friend is having. You're the type of friend I think everyone should have. Some things you'd mentioned sounds somewhat familiar, but I was wondering if your friend would be willing to register with ATS under a username to discuss the situation in greater detail.

With ghosts, most people have an assumption that ghosts are benign traces of life beyond. It does not sounds benign to me. As a survivor of demonic harrassment, I think your friends situation is more critical than many will give credit. Certainly check all things medical, but when the doctors shrug, it's safe to assume it is not physical.

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I would also like to know a way to make it all stop, if there is one. Do they need an exorcism or is there something easier?

I believe there is a way and would like to discuss in detail with you or this person via U2U. I will do what I can from this end until then.

Like I said, I don't know if something is really happening or if maybe they are just schizophrenic or something, but I thought that this would be a place where people would have the most knowledge about it, so I'd like any input anyone has.

Certainly. There are many questions here already, so probably best to see those answers before asking more.

[edit on 4-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So I have this friend that recently told me about all this stuff that has been happening to them for their entire life involving the paranormal.

It started off with them telling me that they can see ghosts. Not just one ghost in a haunted house or something, but everywhere all the time. Usually at least one a day, sometimes many more.

Then there are some other things they told me just yesterday, about how the ghosts put images in their head of horrible things such as seeing everyone dead, watching people die screaming and moaning, etc. Their dreams (nightmares) are also often the same way. It's so bad that they have tried to kill themselves multiple times.

I totally believe them as they have no reason to suddenly make up all of this stuff for no reason. Now I just want to help them figure out what is going on. At first I thought it might just be ghosts or something, but now with all the gruesome stuff I think there may be something worse involved. If anybody knows what this kind of stuff is associated with, please let me know.

I also haven't ruled out the fact that maybe they are crazy. They aren't even sure themselves if they are crazy or not. So I would also like to know if there are any ways to capture evidence of the ghosts. We tried on webcam when they said that there was one standing in the room, but I couldn't see anything. There may or may not have been a pink orb, but it didn't seem to move, it was just one spot in the same place the whole time so I think it was something on the camera or weird lighting in the room. I've also considered EVPs and regular photography. Basically I want to document something tangible and prove to myself and my friend that they aren't crazy.

People still don't understand schizophrenia...

But regardless, all the person has to do, is be totally indifferent towards them, walk right up and grab one.... and hold on for dear life... DO NOT let go... intend in the persons mind that you do not fear them, you welcome them but you refuse to be afraid of them...

They should leave her alone after that.
although he/she will need to explain to you what happens when he/she does that. for further assistance.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

How assumptive! Before making such statements, perhaps it's better to first learn your audience.

But regardless, all the person has to do, is be totally indifferent towards them, walk right up and grab one.... and hold on for dear life... DO NOT let go... intend in the persons mind that you do not fear them, you welcome them but you refuse to be afraid of them...

Dangerous advice, bad move speaking from experience. Hope your friend has more sense than this Yarcofin.

although he/she will need to explain to you what happens when he/she does that. for further assistance.

Supposing these things are supernatural, do you really think that you can physically beat the snot out of them? On the contrary. Don't fight a war you don't know how to win.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe its your fault, think about it and stop callin people schizo. Most people dont know what it is and its difficult to understand. Some people have it bad enough havin to go threw life doing everything a second time,callin them schizo isnt kool.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

How assumptive! Before making such statements, perhaps it's better to first learn your audience.

Dangerous advice, bad move speaking from experience. Hope your friend has more sense than this Yarcofin.

Supposing these things are supernatural, do you really think that you can physically beat the snot out of them? On the contrary. Don't fight a war you don't know how to win.

You really are ignorant Saint4God...

don't talk about things you don't know about....

its no assumption jerk, schizophrenia is still a hard to deal with subject.

dangerous move? speaking from experience? some how I doubt that, just some clever way of disarming my sentence...

Supposing these things are supernatural???? way to not make any concrete statements...

I never said to beat the snot out of them .... I said to be indifferent towards them. . theres a difference... and theres a reason to go up and grab one...

I love how you pick appart my suggestions but make none of your own.. Your a joke.

just admit when you don't understand something, instead of claiming everyone else is preposterous

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You really are ignorant Saint4God...

On the contrary, but you'd have to know me to know that.

don't talk about things you don't know about....

Okay, I won't and I'd like to ask you to do the same.

its no assumption jerk,

Excuse you?

schizophrenia is still a hard to deal with subject.

Thanks Sherlock, I'll keep that in mind.

dangerous move? speaking from experience? some how I doubt that, just some clever way of disarming my sentence...

Doubt all you like, it makes no difference.

way to not make any concrete statements...

We have a testimony, we don't KNOW for a fact what it is and NO medical doctor would make a baseless assumption as you have.

I said to be indifferent towards them. . theres a difference... and theres a reason to go up and grab one...

That's an act of aggression, which is not a good idea against something unknown.

I love how you pick appart my suggestions but make none of your own.. Your a joke.

Do you have this need to put others down? Sounds like you need a hug.

just admit when you don't understand something,

I do.

instead of claiming everyone else is preposterous

Who have I called preposterous? Where have I said everone else is anything?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Everyone please stop bickering. It's getting off-topic and just breaking into a big arguement.

Originally posted by PULVERlZER
First, and your friend shouldn't take this as an accusation, but, does this person use drugs or have they used drugs in the recent past? The reason i ask is sometimes mind altering drugs have an effect where the user feels a heightened awareness and almost a feeling of 'mental superiority' over others around them which 'allows' them to see this type of thing making them 'special'.....even well after use...but, most of the time, its only a delusion.

This person has never taken drugs that I know of. I know what you are talking about though. I had ANOTHER friend who took drugs and from then on claimed that they could hear voices and also (very weird) said that they saw ET (Like the guy from the movie, they were deathly afraid of him).

Originally posted by PULVERlZER
Second, and again, this is nothing personal. Has your friend showed any interest in the paranormal or simply 'strange' things in general in the past?...alot of times, someone who shows interest in this type of thing read about other peoples experiences and personify themselves to the events. Saying things like..."yeah, the same thing happened to me once.." when the reality, it didn't. This would constitute a neurological problem, perhaps depression or simply a plea for attention.

OR....they're just trying to freak YOU out because you mentiond the fact that you frequent this forum site where you read about all these weird things that happen to people....

I never mentioned this forum or my interest in the paranormal to them before this topic came up. They have never showed interest in the paranormal in conversations with me. To the contrary, they definately seem to wish that this had never happened to them.

Some other things that kind of make me think it is psychological though, they say they have cousins and uncles who also claim to experience the same things, which makes me think that maybe it is schizophrenia since I recall hearing that it's genetic. Also, they have had a pretty bad childhood. Not physical abuse, but mostly emotional. Their parents fight a lot. Like a LOT. Yelling all the time. I figure that has to have some effect, although if they have been experiencing it their whole life it should have taken time to develop.

Originally posted by Saint4God

I believe there is a way and would like to discuss in detail with you or this person via U2U. I will do what I can from this end until then.

They wouldn't want to make an account on this site, but if you want you can U2U me and I will relay your message to them. I'm sure they are willing to give pretty much everything a shot at this point.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I was given a dream before I came here and read your thread today and I was told to tell you that the person simply needs to take up religious faith and everything will be okay. Children from troubled families or who are in danger often experience poltergeist phenomenon of the negative kind and it is done to make the parents pay more attention to the child.

Your friend needs to talk to someone about the emotional abuse he/she is suffering and get help of some kind. Religious faith can help a lot when people are sorely troubled.

I've been wondering what to say to you and how to help your friend but it's too difficult to decipher the actual cause of the problems without investigating the person's life fully.

However I was given the dream showing that your friend simply needs basic religion and so I have decided just to pass that message/channeling onto you.

I have studied many such cases and there are no evil entities involved. It is always good entities creating negative phenomena around the child to draw attention to the child, who is usually being neglected. I didn't want to state that your friend was being neglected or mistreated but as you have stated it yourself I feel it is okay to mention now that it is the prime cause of such phenomena.

So tell your friend that I received a message from the spirit world saying that religion is the solution to the problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Everyone please stop bickering. It's getting off-topic and just breaking into a big arguement.

Sorry. But I will object to poor advice if it puts someone else in harm's way. If the consequences were upon me I would not care. Since they're not, I do.

They wouldn't want to make an account on this site, but if you want you can U2U me and I will relay your message to them. I'm sure they are willing to give pretty much everything a shot at this point.

Thank you and will do. I think this is an excellent idea. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

...there are no evil entities involved. It is always good entities creating negative phenomena around the child to draw attention to the child

I don't think this makes sense at all. Good entities wouldn't create the horrors my friend sees and experiences. Plus the parents don't see or experience any of the things, and my friend has kept it secret from everyone except me for all this time, so how are they trying to bring attention to the child if the only one they influence is the child?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

...there are no evil entities involved. It is always good entities creating negative phenomena around the child to draw attention to the child

I don't think this makes sense at all.

You're right.

Good entities wouldn't create the horrors my friend sees and experiences.

Also correct. I think you've come to some solid reasonable conclusions and would like to encourage the continuation of this train of thought. It may prove more helpful than many realize.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If the beings gave gifts and comfort then people would become attached to them. So they do negative things instead to get a reaction without anyone leaning on them for further manifestations.

Your friend is seeing entities every day but can't tell his/her family? Then how come he/she knows his/her relations see them too? He/She must have discussed it at some time to show that he/she is one of the family too with the same problem.

Anyway like I said it's essential to study the person's life in detail to discover why he/she is having this problem. There's no one answer that fits all scenarios sweetly. Generally it's the children who are not in a safe situation that are the ones who get this type of problem. I knew this and yet wouldn't say it until you stated yourself that his/her family is a troubled one.

Anyway just tell him/her he/she needs religion. Obviously he/she has lost contact with any human side of his/her family if he/she can't even tell them he/she is seeing beings standing in his/her room every day. So he/she needs someone like God to turn to. The being making the frightening manifestations is too complex for your friend to understand so he/she should find a spiritual person like Christ that he/she can turn to.

If your friend was about to die then the being would appear as a loving person, but while there is still hope for him/her it will appear as a frightening entity to drive him/her harder towards fighting for life.

Most people think God and angels should always be nice to us but that's not the way they work at all. They work in mysterious ways

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm with probedbygrays, he is telling the truth. A problem like that can only be solved by finding God. God usually makes a person's life miserable so that that person is forced to come back to Him. That is the only way the person can be saved, he must experience horrible things in life so that he can find God again. And remember God only punishes the ones he love.

Think like this: How can a person who doesn't believe in God be saved? Definately not by giving him a good life, he will then never turn to God. The only way that person can be saved is by punishing him

Probedbygrays, what do you mean the spirit world has talked to you??

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi Yarcofin, I posted earlier but to the wrong name..oops may bad!! Can you please respond to my post or tell me if your friend has had any other contact other than the images and dreams they show them.
Im not bashing any ones religion here but sometimes it can be as simple as some one having a very negative life experience attracting negative energies.

I know Im not a mod but can we please refrain from bashing other people's posts and get back to helping a member who has a serious problem and is looking for advice and not a mud slinging competition. I think its up to Yarcofin to take what he or his friend thinks is needed to help with the sitution.

Religion is like us all working in a big city, theres many ways to get there, but we should all end up hopfully getting to the same place.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Kurokage]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
A problem like that can only be solved by finding God.

This I can agree with.

God usually makes a person's life miserable so that that person is forced to come back to Him. That is the only way the person can be saved, he must experience horrible things in life so that he can find God again.

Here I'm not sure about. It certainly could be, but am not confident in saying "this is how it is carte-blanc". I believe a person can be saved without an obligatory horrible thing(s) occurring in their life.

And remember God only punishes the ones he love.

He does discipline those He loves (which can feel like a punishment), but punishes those who ultimately refuse Him.

Think like this: How can a person who doesn't believe in God be saved? Definately not by giving him a good life, he will then never turn to God. The only way that person can be saved is by punishing him

Food for thought. Again, not going to say absolutely yes everyone goes through the same progression or no this is not the case.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I used the word 'Spirit' generally to point out that someone from beyond this earth world had spoken to me. They are much more than just spirits though, they are solid people. It would go too far off thread to try and describe them. They have been communicating with me for years and they often tell me what's going to happen the next day and offer some suggestions.

I think the person seeing the frightening beings should become a member here because people would love to read what he/she has to say. It might help the person immeasurably to find that his/her experiences are very valuable and special.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm with probedbygrays, he is telling the truth. A problem like that can only be solved by finding God. God usually makes a person's life miserable so that that person is forced to come back to Him. That is the only way the person can be saved, he must experience horrible things in life so that he can find God again. And remember God only punishes the ones he love.

In some ways I agree with you, but you got it mixed up. We are only punished for sin. When God wants to draw us closer He puts us through "trials and tribulations" (not punishment), we suffer, we breakdown and many of us are drawn to Him to help us. Hence we become closer to Him......all but the obstinate souls.

Also God loves all of us equally, He just hates our sins. And every sin is met with punishment. No matter who, no matter what.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by mirror2U]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join