It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Approves Strip Search Bill-for children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

House Approves Strip Search Bill
Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A bill approved by the U.S. House yesterday would require school districts around the country to establish policies making it easier for teachers and school officials to conduct wide scale searches of students. These searches could take the form of pat-downs, bag searches, or strip searches depending on how administrators interpret the law.

The Student Teacher Safety Act of 2006 (HR 5295) would require any school receiving federal funding--essentially every public school--to adopt policies allowing teachers and school officials to conduct random, warrantless searches of every student, at any time, on the flimsiest of pretexts. Saying they suspect that one student might have drugs could give officials the authority to search every student in the building.

DPA supporters and others who opposed this outrageous bill called their members of Congress this week to express their disapproval. However, House leaders circumvented the usual legislative procedure to bring the bill to a quick vote. It did not pass through the committee process, but went straight to the House floor. There, it was passed by a simple voice vote, so constituents cannot even find out how their Representative voted.

The bill moves next to the Senate, but it is unlikely to be considered there this session.

www.drugpolicy.org...

Schools are becoming somewhat strange, and this latest bill is no exception.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Way back when I went to school in the late 1960s we had riots at our school. That's right, riots. The escalated daily starting from a few racially motivated fights up to roving gangs on the school grounds.

On about the third day, with the potential for violence very high, the administration marched all the boys into the gym We had to line up. Then, the police walked into the room. One of the officers explained that we were all going to be strip searched and that anyone found with weapons or drugs was headed for jail for a long time.

Then we were told to strip to our shorts. As the male portion of the student body stripped you could hear contriband hitting the floor. There were severl loud sounds of heavy objects hitting the floor. The police walked around and picked up several handguns, one cutoff rifle and various other knives, clubs, and the occasional bag of assorted drugs. They made no effort to identify who those items belonged to, they just picked them up.

Was this legal? I doubt it. Did it potentially save lives? I think so.

The following year we once again had riot but the school administration could no longer do the strip search. Instead, over a period of a week we had numerous people have to go to the emergency room. I liked the strip search better. That reduces the fighting to hand to hand and far fewer people got seriously hurt.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, unfortunatly what can we do ?
Once again the result of a neglected public system in the USA is creating lunatics like an assembly line creates kitchen sinks.

Its not the publics fault, its not the governemnts fault.. its the natural course such a money/popularity driven system works on.

Kids parents dont work, have early pregnancies... live off the dole..
the kids dont recieve the proper upbringing..
parents mingle in drugs, alcohol... caravan parks...
couple this together with corporations shoving as many depressant drugs, syndromes, mental diseases your always going to have a minimal amount of serious depression nutcases who beleive there's nothing left to live for.

This never happened 50yrs ago, especially on this scale..
back then we as a civilisation had leaps and bounds ahead of us...
You could strive for a large house, secure job and fair and just rulers...

Now, your nothing your meaningless CRAP.
You can be sacked as quick as it takes to cook 2 minute noodles... dont worry about that 30yrs of service.. if the corporate entity feels a few more thousnad dollars to his billions is achievable... well that means your despensable.

These school shootings are the result of an American Cancer.

These kids so pumped from TV images, music, popularity issues... coupled with the easily available guns and minro explosives... they'd rather go out in a blaze of glory.. than live any longer in this curropted, mental sapping world of greed and hate.

I feel so sorry for the familes and friends of these school kids...
What has mankind become where our childeren arent safe in schools..

Wildbob, riots in schools would of been shocking..
not burning you, but in case people want to criticse me by sayin this stuff has been happening all the time i find that statement WRONG.

riots in schools with gangs could of been motivated in the 60's from racism, from gangs from anything.
but kids walking in with guns, and the sole intention of killing people, then themselves is truely a great horror.

what can we do to stop it?
Metal detectors? strip searches? nothing will work.
all it will do is make school a mini prison for the childeren.

The families, the living conditions and the welfare of these kids in there HOMES is where this problem needs to be fixed. You dont grow up in a stable home, with parents who care for your welfare first, instead of there cigerettes/alcohol and daytime TV...

I group this together with the aboriginal familes here in perth, who criticise and attempt to SUE police because they pursue stolen cars..

when the young ( an im talking 5-15yr ) old aboriginal childeren crash the car, kill themselves or there friends.. the aboriginals go ballistic at the police...

Its not the policemans fault your SON stole a car... and joyrode through suburban streets at 100kms per hour...

The sole responsibility rests with the parents, and the homes of these individuals.

Improve there wellfare and general wellbeing.. they will not want to take a gun to school and murder there friends..

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, if you ask me this is nothing more than "conditioning" for the new generation.

The Orwellian age is here and children are the prime targets.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
FIRE EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE!!!! I'm sick of them!!!! They will not strip search my children!!!! I will pull them out so fast, more will follow.... They need to stop this crap... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is uncomfortable. I can see Agit8's point of view on this, but this nontheless bypasses the "warrantless search" issue. But that was done already with the Patriot Act, so I guess it's only natural that this now extends to children.

However, my guess is that this won't last long. I think a similar law was enacted in the late 80s, allowing teachers to search lockers, and soon after the Supreme Court threw it out the window.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
BTW, this all transpired before the rescent rash of school shootings.

Can you say Dictatorship?
It was "quietly" passed. Everything is passed lately without anyone's prior knowledge?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What can we do

In my case nothing because my children are not of school age anymore.

But for the future of my grandchildren one day I say Kept you children at home, home school them as a protest to the school system in our country.

Parents has become to Dependant on the School as the babysitter, perhaps parents should take responsibility and understand that this is happening because nobody is doing anything to stop it.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The difficult thing with these events..
is these kids arent going to school, stashing there guns... attending class and then going on a rampage...

So searches and so forth wont really work..
even searching people as they come on the ground.

If you loaded up with guns... put your trenchcoat on... your not going to allow your self to be searched..

as soon as you get to the gates, and you can see the secuirty guard waving you up for your daily ' metal detector swipe '

you'd just pull out your purcahsed firearm ( legal of course ) and start blazing away...

you dont intend on anything else except killing as many as you can, in quick succession.. then either killing yourself or waiting for the police to show up..

If there's any form of secuirty, it needs to be from keeping these people from even REACHING the school gates...

And having armed guards at the gates obviously isnt an option for schools.
short of that there's no real way of securing schools.

Strip searches wont work.. it just means the poor b@stards strip searching will be the first people shot.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The point of my post, is that I think that the schools need the ability to search the students. It shouldn't be done lightly or friviously.

But if there is a rumor that someone has a gun or that a group has evil intentions, then you need to be able to react quickly to narrow down the bad actors in the group. Of course if you don't find weapons then you will be severly critized for violating the rights of the students.

There are other things that can be done to limit the accessabiliy of schools. Have limited access to campus that is either monitored. Students coming late to school should have to present a note at the office as to their reason for being late.

I wouldn't mind if all kids had to walk through metal dectectors before that get into school either.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The point of my post, is that I think that the schools need the ability to search the students. It shouldn't be done lightly or friviously.

But if there is a rumor that someone has a gun or that a group has evil intentions, then you need to be able to react quickly to narrow down the bad actors in the group. Of course if you don't find weapons then you will be severly critized for violating the rights of the students.

There are other things that can be done to limit the accessabiliy of schools. Have limited access to campus that is either monitored. Students coming late to school should have to present a note at the office as to their reason for being late.

I wouldn't mind if all kids had to walk through metal dectectors before that get into school either.

But these people are going there to kill, then to die.
When that nice lady asks for a note at the office door, they'd just begin there rampage then.. and shoot em.
same with metal detectors..
why not just walk up casually, as soon as u walk through it, and it beeps.. u wip up your rifle and let the rampage begin.

Its not like a burglary or something where u intend on getting out...

I get the impression when they'se guys setup there cache, put on there coats and boots and march to the school.. they dont intend on coming out alive.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's truly sad that so many people just want to kill innocents these days. Hell, it's sad that so many want to kill anything. The only effective deterrent is to have armed guards everywhere, all the time. It won't change every wacko's mind, but some might rethink their actions before it's too late. But that would definately project a different image of America, wouldn't it?

It will always boil down down to the same question: liberty or security?

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Armed guards everywhere??? You said it. THAT IS what the government wants

They are succeeding in programing parents of these children that the only way to control the situation is thru drastic measures, such as strip searching and armed guards!!!!

I beg to differ. Thank you for proving my point.

Its working because people take the easy way out- instead of fighting it, they leave it up to the government!!! How cool!!! How easy!!!

This government wants nothing more than to turn your kids into obedient government zombies, and you're going to allow it?

Things are so bad, the only way to fix it is by strip searching innocent kids?

No wonder they're sending phony brainwashed people to do their bidding to different schools- killing your kids thru mind control....sick sick sick...
Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!!

[edit on 3-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'd imagine strip searching everyone in a school would take alot of time. Would that make school days longer? And what if the people doing it are some sick people and do some bad things? It could cause alot of problems.

Are any schools doing this already?

Astygia is right, it's liberty or security

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
yep,
and unfortunately.. when it comes to our childeren, and there develoupment in this free and just world.. having armed guards stare you down as you enter class with a hand full of books will do more harm than good.

What lunatic finds satisfaction and single filing young girls in a line, shooting them one by one... then shooting himself.

Why not just go out in a blaze of glory with police if your hell bent on causing this sort of anarchy, its cowardly amongst a large range of other titles.

There really is no fix to this problem.

The only hope is develouping your child properly, so that he doesnt spend his youth hating the world, hating his family and relishing death

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Armed guards everywhere??? You said it. THAT IS what the government wants

You are right our nation is changing and still many don't understand the danger of these changes.

Is all for our safety, our children safety and our nation safety but many fail to see how this is developing into a full scale take over the citizens rights.

Yes is crime and death and yes is part of society and human behavior.

But those are the excuses to bring changes.

I will never get tired of saying, Wake up America because we have been rob.

When armed policemen or not just armed policeman but special security private forces will greet you at school and every where you go you will know that our nation is not longer for We the people

And that is where all these so call in the name of our security is heading.

Don't worry if you complain against it or rebel against it, you will become an enemy of the state, and enemy combatant and will be taken to a private secret location for indoctrination.

Welcome to the new world.

Does this sound like a movie clip? well it can become reality the way things are going already.

new topics

top topics

join