It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Sin In Taking The "Mark of The Beast".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Yeah,you are rejecting him in favor of materialism,mammon.

Scripture referring to the Mark of God:

Deuteronomy 6:8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

There is a spiritual aspect to the mark of the beast.

The Deuteronomy 6:8 verse was taken literally by the Jews. Some Jews today, still have Bible verses written on paper and put into a little Box(not sure what they call it) then they tie it around their head and have the box on their forehead between their eyes. They also do the same thing with Bible verses and then tie it around their hands.

God really had in mind that they know the Bible so well, that they know what it says backward and forward, and believe in(forehead) and do(hands) things God's way.

For us, this side of the cross, it also has immense meaning. Because The Holy Spirit lives in a believer He is able to bring our spirit to the truth of His word, and we are able to live for Him.

The "mark of God" would be to have Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, resulting in the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit indwelling that person.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Dimethyltryptamine

This drug is what link humanity to the spiritual realms.

If this is the "spirit drug", then why is it present in animals and plants? Wouldn't the "gateway" to god be reserved only for humans?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

Dimethyltryptamine

If this is the "spirit drug", then why is it present in animals and plants? Wouldn't the "gateway" to god be reserved only for humans?

Ummm,no. You know that is something that is hard to get "religious" people to understand. Humans are not the only thing with a spirit.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

The "mark of God" would be to have Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, resulting in the forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit indwelling that person.

[edit on 10-10-2006 by dbrandt]

Actually, there is a scripture that states that those with the name of the Lord written on their "mind" will be those who have the "mark of God".

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

[

Actually, there is a scripture that states that those with the name of the Lord written on their "mind" will be those who have the "mark of God".

And the srcipture reference would be ?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Dbrandt, right here.

And I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder, and the voice which I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps. And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth. These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb. And no lie was found in their mouth; they are blameless (Revelation 14:1-5).

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Dbrandt, right here.

And I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.

I'm questioning whether this should be called the mark of God.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Dbrandt, right here.

And I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What else would one call it,dbrandt?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know about you SpeakerofTruth,

But I'll take a homemade reed canary grass & banis* caapi vine salad with Caesar dressing. Hold the grilled chicken & croutons please..

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

What else would one call it,dbrandt?

Rev. 7:3b, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Rev. 9:4b, but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

It appears 'seal' is a better word because that is the one used in the Bible. I am not trying to be picky, but one word in the Bible can change the whole meaning of something. So seal, is what it should be called.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So what do you suppose this "seal" is. You see, we can play semantics if you want to,dbrandt. In the end, it is the same thing.By the way, that quote is out of the bible. (Revelation 14:1-5).

[edit on 16-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 16-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Dbrandt, right here.

I believe the "seal" and "mark of God would be referring to the same thing. Even with all the symbolism in Revelation, I think this may have been clearer to the original audience because of the use of "seals" to "mark" ownership, contracts, etc. in that time. I'm not sure where I first heard this. It's probably pretty standard in some earlier eschatologies.

I was always under the impression that the whole "marking" on hand or forehead had to do with belief and action; those marked on forehead only are true heart followers of Christ. Those who receive the mark on forehead and hand are either True Believers of Satan's way (forehead), or act (hand) simply out of fear of persecution. I don't remember where I first heard this, but it's probably an older eschatology.

I won't even pretend to know any Biblical languages, and I'm too lazy at the moment to reach for Strong's, so maybe it's clearer in the original wording.

I was always under the impression that the "marks" would not be visible, per sebut, instead, symbolize allegience and motive.

Anywayyy...sorry to interrupt...just happened to be passing by...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So what do you suppose this "seal" is. You see, we can play semantics if you want to,dbrandt. In the end, it is the same thing.By the way, that quote is out of the bible. (Revelation 14:1-5).

That's not what I'm playing. What I am saying is people(not you) can "play" with how something is worded in the Bible. They say it a slightly different way, and even though it is slightly different, it changes the meaning.

There are a couple of places in the Bible where there is a warning against doing this.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Apolypticon, while it is true that the "Mark of God" will not be visible, the "mark of the beast" most certainly will be visible. It will be a declaration of allegiance to all things materialistic. In order to pass into the kingdom one has to do a couple of things.

1. Accept Jesus Christ as messiah.

2. Live a spiritual,simplistic life.

3. Denounce materialism and the "evils" thereof.

Taking the "mark of the beast" will be doing the opposite of all three of those things. If one should take the "mark," he/she will be:

1. Denouncing Christ in the name of the one world dictator. (Anti-Christ)

2. Denouncing spirituality, for no spiritual thoughts or inclination will reside within them via the inhibition of dimethytryptamine.

3. Uplifting materialism (mammon) to the state of godhood. Actually, in the present society, this has already been accomplished.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Apolypticon, while it is true that the "Mark of God" will not be visible, the "mark of the beast" most certainly will be visible.

I simply meant that I don't think any of the "marks" are more than symbols for either action or thought, not actual visible "marks" like a tattoo or something of that nature...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticon
I simply meant that I don't think any of the "marks" are more than symbols for either action or thought, not actual visible "marks" like a tattoo or something of that nature...

I know that's what you meant. However, the "mark of the beast" will leave a scar because when a microchip is implanted under the skin it scars.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I know that's what you meant. However, the "mark of the beast" will leave a scar because when a microchip is implanted under the skin it scars.

If you believe it is going to be a material mark, such as a microchip, then this makes sense.

[edit on 51o10e313010e 30 by apocalypticon]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

Dimethyltryptamine

why would the "gateway" be reserved only for humans?

humans were the only ones to leave the garden by choice, the rest of the animals stayed in paradise, with exception of the snake, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

i believe the bible is written by prophets who wrote what god had commanded them to write to the best of their abilities.

however, language may have been a hinderance for them, as the words may not have existed at the time to properly devulge the entirety of their visions.

remember when talking about the words of the prophets, you are talking about prophecy.

when talking about prophecy, you are talking about the future.

when talking about the future, you are talking about concepts humanity does not know of yet, and words that have not been in existance in the prophets time period.

also, another reason language may have been a hinderance is the fact that nowhere in the bible does it describe where the curse of the tower of Babel has been lifted from humanity. and if language itself has been cursed, and communication is key, then the key to the communication will be that which breaks the curse of the tower of Babel.

you said:

the seal on the forehead?

or the seals of the book of revelation?

what if they are inter-connected, and we are catagorizing the same thing, but looking at the two as though they were separate, when they are not.

how many seals (constraints) are there?

could the curse of Babel be one of the seals that will be broken?

just a thought.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join