It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former spy guilty of disclosing secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ex-MI5 agent David Shayler is found guilty of breaking the Official Secrets Act after revealing documents to a newspaper in 1997.
Full story:
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the government is supposed to be "By the People, For the People", doesn't that make the Official Secrets Act illegal to start with?

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I suspect and always suspected that the Schayler case was disinfo: from the little information we can get the bulk of what he is saying is that the secret services are misinformed and incompetent -which is just what secret services want people to think.
Students of media freedom will not just how effectively a "liberal democracy" can shut down the flow of information.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 03:12 AM
link   
zif you're not British, you may never have heard of a D-notice: it's well worth a search to see how easily the press in a "free" country can be muzzled.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 03:12 AM
link   
if you're not British, you may never have heard of a D-notice: it's well worth a search to see how easily the press in a "free" country can be muzzled.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 10:35 AM
link   
And the fact that this "spy" has just been given 6 months (so out in 3) further persuades me that the whole thing is disinfo.

new topics

top topics

join