It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Another School Shooting. This Time In PA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A one room school is now the scene of another apparent shooting. With more than a dozen ambulances on scene, officials are declaring that the hospitals have been told to expect A large amount of patients.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Police have responded to reports of a hostage situation and multiple people shot in eastern Lancaster County at a one-room school. The scene is along the 4800 block of Mine Road near Paradise Township. News 8 reporter Anne Shannon said that the incident happened at a one-room Amish schoolhouse. She said the school is marked off with police tape. She counted 13 ambulances in the area. A helicopter was overhead and numerous fire companies were on the ground.

"This is definitely an enormous scene," Shannon said.

Lancaster General Hospital has called in all available personnel. They have been told to be prepared for a large number of patients.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't put into words how scary this is getting. School is a place where we send our children to help them develop. Instead it is increasingly becoming a war zone for our most cherished resource, our children. What can be done, just short of making all guns illegal? Is there a solution?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Seems the Amish did something to this guy twenty years ago so he takes revenge by shooting two Amish girls in the back of the head execution style.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
From what i read its 6 dead. He had no reason. There could never ever be a reason for such---- there is no words for this man. Just pure evil...

TextNICKEL MINES, Pa. - Police now say the gunman who attacked an Amish school was 32 years old and sent the male students outside while keeping the girls in and blocking the doors.

Six people were shot to death at a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania's bucolic Lancaster County Monday, and at least three young girls were hospitalized in critical condition, authorities said.

more here.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Same mode of operation as here in Colorado. I wonder which terrorist organization is sponsoring this??? I am fed up for sure.....

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh God not more kids, flashback from the dunblane massacre that took place years ago in Scotland. Those kids never stood a chance. I hope no terroist group is behind it, Or a copy cat killer.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So a Scotsman can show them up close and personal what the Scottish battle axe is used for....

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Right On Schedule?

This rash of shootings reminds me of what became a cliché in the '90s: mass shootings before elections and votes on gun control legislation.

It became so predictable that you could practically set your watch by it.

The pattern wasn't limited to the U.S., either. The U.K. and Australia passed strict new gun control laws as a direct response to famous mass murders committed with firearms, with Canada following suit in the mid-90's largely spurred by its own corresponding massacre.

In other words, gun control legislation in the Commonwealth has effectively been driven by highly publicized mass murders, all of which follow a remarkably similar pattern.

The nature and timing of the events and response has been so well-coordinated that it is impossible to overlook, and suggests (surprise!) a conspiracy.

By whom? Perhaps someone who has the power to do it.

Your mileage may vary, but I've never been satisfied with the dubious cover stories for what is about as obvious a campaign as it gets short of an open press release.

Is this case related? I don't know. Maybe there's a copycat effect at work. Maybe they are all just coincidences.

But there are no coincidences.

Let's see what develops, and what usual suspects seize this opportunity.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Local news is reporting 2 female students, a female teacher's aide and the gunman dead at the scene. Of the 7 individuals evacuated, 1 has succumbed to injuries and 6 others are currently being treated or are still in surgery at this time.

A sad day in southern PA.

Again, from local news reports, the gunman, Charles Carl Roberts IV, took his children to the bus stop this morning, then called his wife stating he wouldn't be coming home. According to police reports he mentioned his intent to seek revenge for "something" that happened 20 years ago, involving a female acquaintence at that time. He then proceeded to enter the school house with a shotgun and an automatic firearm, to include 2X4s and 2X6s which he used to barricade several doors.

Upon displaying a handgun and addressing those in the school house, he allowed the male students, as well as 3 teacher's aides, who were either pregnant or holding infants, to leave the building. It was at this time that the teacher also escaped.

He then proceeded to use the 2X4s and 2X6s to barricade the entrances/doors, to prevent outside entry to the building.

Prior to allowing those students and aides to leave the building, he had already instructed them to line up in front of the blackboard, and had bound the hands and feet of 6 female students and 1 female teacher's aide.

After allowing the remaining male students and aides to exit the building, and upon realizing state police efforts to enter, he proceeded to open fire with the automatic firearm striking and killing 2 female students and 1 female teacher's aide. The remaning 7 female students were critically injured, with one of them succumbing to injuries enroute to the hospital.

At this time, all 6 individual who were evacuated from the scene are either in critical condition or still undergoing surgery for their wounds, mostly head and upper body injuries.

Again, a sad day in southern PA.

Having been born and raised in this area, I can only wonder as to what his supposed "revenge" could have been, obviously something personal. The Amish people as a whole are as down-home , personable and willing to help others as any Community you could Ever expect to encounter.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
One of the children was flown here to Christiana Hospital in Wilmington. It seems they have flown the children out to different hospitals - Philly, Wilmington, Harrisburg .. all major trama hospitals.

GOD! This is a sick world. The poor little dears .. their poor parents!

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Murder On Demand

I got some questions via U2U from a fellow member about how this could be a conspiracy, so I thought I'd go ahead and elaborate on it here.

First off, this is all just speculation, so make of it what you will.

The idea is similar to what was presented in the movie Telefon, but with an even more sinister twist.

Manchurian candidates are vetted based on information obtained via domestic surveillance, medical and/or law enforcement records and ultimately selected for conditioning if they meet the necessary criteria.

This would presumably include diagnosed mental disorders that could be exploited and also serve as cover after the crimes are committed.

Murder, Inc.

The conditioning may consist of classic brainwashing techniques geared toward driving the subject to follow a predetermined pattern of behavior.

In this case the pattern would be shooting certain people to death followed by committing suicide. The suicide would eliminate the risks which would arise if the subject were subject to interrogation by law enforcement and mental health professionals after the killings.

Not everyone can be conditioned to kill themselves, however, since the inhibitions are strong and a subject may experience difficulty with committing suicide after the planned murder spree. So I would imagine that the conditioning is carried out in a way that would make it difficult to uncover if the subject is captured alive. In other words, he'll just seem "crazy and paranoid".

Of course, there are many people who are crazy and paranoid, and homicidal to boot, so that's hardly a stretch.

And in fact, maybe that's all that's going on.

Stranger Than Fiction

However, my suspicion is aroused by the many "coincidences" which have surrounded mass murders in recent decades, similarities in pattern and execution, and the apparent coordination and themes involved in many cases.

The timing is uncanny, but usually only becomes obvious in retrospect, when it emerges that a certain piece of legislation was stalled or some other "problem" was overcome as a result of the massacre.

All speculation, of course, but sleeper agents do exist, and creating them was one of the objectives of MKULTRA, among many other programs, and the U.S. government is by no means the only organization which has researched and employed these techniques.

Since the time of those programs, there have been many strange and unresolved "conspiracies" surrounding assassinations of public figures and horrifying "killing sprees", many of them involving "lone gunmen" and "whackos" who seemed to crawl out of the woodwork on cue.

Again, maybe it's all coincidence or random, but as I like to say, there are no coincidences, and "random" just means an event for which we don't know the actual cause.

Thus I remain a skeptic.

P.S. A good list of this kind of killing can be found here: Wikipedia: Spree killer.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by Majic]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Majic you know I have a great deal of respect for you but I have to say Come On! Really? To me this seems like one tragedy inspired by another, sick individuals on the edge are pushed overboard but what they see as "inspiration" from other murderers, especially if it's a high profile crime.

Two similar crimes a conspiracy does not make.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Where Conspiracies Are Always On Topic

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Two similar crimes a conspiracy does not make.

If there were only two, and they didn't have major political consequences, I would tend to agree.

As I mentioned, all this could be coincidental and not evidence of some shadowy conspiracy. Sometimes some people just go nuts and start killing people.

Maybe that's all that's going on here. Maybe that's all that has ever gone on. Maybe there is no conspiracy.

But this is ATS, so I don't think it's inappropriate to discuss conspiracy theories here on this conspiracy website.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Majic is right. Don't dismiss this theory until you've done the research. Do a search on this forum for MKULTRA. This has been going on for a long time. Our government has planned and carried through so many unspeakable atrocities.

I've been trying to stand back and watch the big picture and it's getting scary. This looks like a reasonable next step by the government. If they can't get their agendas across to the public by killing adults (9/11), then start killing the children.

Yes. It's real and you need to open your eyes and do the research. There is LOTS of reliable information about this available on the internet.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
the perp, shot some girls in the back of the head 'execution style'
but...for some reason...other girls had bullets in their arms or torso

??maybe he had a thing/ revenge on certain hair-colored young females??
and those are the one's he shot in the head as his 'revenge'
on a +20 year embarassement he had with some Amish girl in his youth.

the whole thing seems a personnal vendetta than a 'terror based' event

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
CNN said that some were shot at point blank, while others at a distance (he was probably rushing), which would explain why not all were shot in the head. Law Enforcement believes that he did not have a problem with the Amish, but rather with young women instead. They said he chose that school because he lived only 3 miles away from it, and it was the least secure school in his area.

As for what happened 20 years ago, I'm guessing it had to do with a lost love. But considering that his age was 32 before he died, losing a girlfriend at 12 years old is hardly enough excuse to carry a grudge for 20 years.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
After one school shooting in the UK, we banned hand gun sales and put tight laws on them. Maybe America should do the same now.....but it sad that none of the American media channels here in the UK are not discussing about banning guns

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Wow, Magic, I had not seen this thread before i posted mine, but i totally agree with you that this has all the earmarks of some kind of brainwashing homicide-killing in order to to do away with guns and/or keep the terror going, or both!

If my speculations are true, this is the ultimate and lowest brand of shock, innocent children!!! Its just too horrible for words!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Fox News has a breaking news headline on their page right now that does not seem to link to a story saying a fifth girl has died as a result of this shooting.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Apparently, the shooter had nothing against the Armish community...they were just an "easy target" for him

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Apparently, the shooter had nothing against the Armish community...they were just an "easy target" for him

There is always motive. What did he want to achieve by doing this? Widespread pain throughout a community he despises? Revenge? Against the Amish? Or against society in general? A last grasp for fame? Everyone remembers the killer, everyone forgets the names of his victims.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join