It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Diebold Software Patch Resulted in Republican Victories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
News is emerging of a secret, Diebold executive-mandated, patch applied to some 5,000 voting machines in critical democratic strongholds in Georgia during August of 2002. The resulting Republican victory in those counties surprised all election observers.

www.truthout.org
Top Diebold corporation officials ordered workers to install secret files to Georgia's electronic voting machines shortly before the 2002 Elections, at least two whistleblowers are now asserting, Atlanta Progressive News has learned.

Former Diebold official Chris Hood told his story concerning the secret "patch" to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., for Kennedy's second article on electronic voting in this week's Rolling Stone Magazine.

Hood's claims corroborate a second whistleblower who spoke with Black Box Voting and Wired News in 2003.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The fact that any last-minute patch was applied to a limited number of machines in a given state, is certainly cause for scandalous concern. But a "secret" software patch limited to machines in counties that are historically strongholds for one particular party has the makings for a deep conspiracy.

Will The Next Election Be Hacked?

Related News Links:
www.politicalaffairs.net
abcnews.go.com
www.bradblog.com
government.zdnet.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ATS: Diebold Sued Over Voting Machines, CEO Resigns
The Diebold Factor
Diebold DID patch GEMS prior to Cali election!
ATS: Diebold Whistle Blower Faces Felony Charges

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
With all of the news regarding the Diebold machines surfacing lately, it seems that there is a stronger and stronger case for a stolen election. With the situation involving the machines in Ohio during the 2004 elections, it looks like citizen voting has turned into a formality to pacify the public, and give them the impression that their votes count.

I've always believed that voting never solved anything, and that the political system in this country is a sham, but now it's making me angry. Now it's being done blatently and, for the most part, openly. Since the 2000 elections where people were turned away at the door for having a name similar to that of someone who was in jail, I knew that something majorly fishy was going on.

So what happens if it's found that the elections had been manipulated, and that GWB, and who knows how many other republicans were placed in office through false means? Doesn't this represent a technological Coup de tat? Will they lose their positions? Unlikely, Will they be removed from office? Also unlikely. As a matter of fact, I doubt too many people would care enough to even take this to the streets. The truth is that the system doesn't work for the people. And our individual say doesn't count.

Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am somewhat skeptical of these claims. If they knew this took place in 2002 why has it taken so long for the 2nd whistleblower to come forward.

Sorry but the timing of this new release is just too convenient.

This is going to be one of if not the dirtiest election campaigns in years and all sides are doing it not just one. Sad people have to sling mud to win elections, let alone make claims they will be fixed.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I am somewhat skeptical of these claims. If they knew this took place in 2002 why has it taken so long for the 2nd whistleblower to come forward.

Sorry but the timing of this new release is just too convenient.

This is going to be one of if not the dirtiest election campaigns in years and all sides are doing it not just one. Sad people have to sling mud to win elections, let alone make claims they will be fixed.

Sad that people don't pay attention when there are criminal acts being committed right in front of them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There has been discussion about rigged voting machines ever since the polls.

shots, Have a look at this:

[edit on 2-10-2006 by solo32_98]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo32_98

Sad that people don't pay attention when there are criminal acts being committed right in front of them.

There has been discussion about rigged voting machines ever since the polls.

Yes I am aware of the Ohio election allegations and that is all they turned out to be. It was later proven that the two counties involved did not have nor use the suspect machines.

No Ohio County used Diebold Electronic Voting Machines. Ohio did not use modern touchscreen voting machines in this election. Six counties use an older form of electronic voting. The state Democratic party is under the impression that all six counties have a way to verify their counts, but we've had conflicting reports, such as in Knox county. The state Democratic party has been informed, and they passed the news on to their lawyers. In 69 Ohio counties, punch card ballots were used.
Source

Another link claiming the very same

There are other sources that also confirm this, I just cannot remember the kw to use right now.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
... at least two whistleblowers are now asserting,...

Hood's claims corroborate a second whistleblower ...

...has the makings for a deep conspiracy.

I believe the headline is missing a "?" or the words "may have". Until proof beyond "claims" and "assertions" is obtained, this story is just speculation.

ATSNN : All the mis-stated headlines that are fit to print

[edit on 10/2/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
the Republican party has a history of vote tampering anyway. I suppose the "innocent until proven guilty" thing applies, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a vote tampering republican official.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It was later proven that the two counties involved did not have nor use the suspect machines.

There are other issues in Ohio not related to machine types.

For example, there are widespread reports of "poor counties" (read minority voters likely to vote democrat) receiving a significant shortage of machines (and long lines of voters after the polls closed), while affluent counties received an abundance (and no lines).

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
the Republican party has a history of vote tampering anyway. I suppose the "innocent until proven guilty" thing applies, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a vote tampering republican official.

In all fairness the door swings both ways, therefore the same applies to the democrats.

Tires slashed on 20 GOP vehicles, Milwaukee police report :shk:

Lawmaker's son, 4 others charged in tire slashing

As I recall the alleged lawmakers son and some other pled no contest or something like that.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's more info about this.

www.rollingstone.com...

www.rollingstone.com...

www.rollingstone.com...

Read through those with an open mind. Yes, it is a democrat that wrote them, but if it were the democrats doing this, a republican would be writing the articlea instead. I don't care what side you're on.....voter fraud is illegal and everyone found guilty of it should be in jail for a very long time IMO.

Edit: Also, the Governer (I think) of Ohio is getting into trouble now over some things involving voter fraud.....I just can't find the article right now.

Edit2: OK..it's not the governor of Ohio (Bob Taft)...I'll figure out who it is here in a minute.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by Griff]

[edit on 10/2/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Lawmaker's son, 4 others charged in tire slashing

Should we really compare tire-slashing to this?

The reports were especially disturbing in Ohio, the critical battleground state that clinched Bush's victory in the electoral college. Officials there purged tens of thousands of eligible voters from the rolls, neglected to process registration cards generated by Democratic voter drives, shortchanged Democratic precincts when they allocated voting machines and illegally derailed a recount that could have given Kerry the presidency. A precinct in an evangelical church in Miami County recorded an impossibly high turnout of ninety-eight percent, while a polling place in inner-city Cleveland recorded an equally impossible turnout of only seven percent. In Warren County, GOP election officials even invented a nonexistent terrorist threat to bar the media from monitoring the official vote count.(11)

Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There are other issues in Ohio not related to machine types.

I also realize that, however, I was addressing the key two counties that actually were aleged to have carried the swing vote.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

...recorded an impossibly high turnout of ninety-eight percent..

Apologies to the author of the above, but 98% is possible. Improbable, yes, but not impossible.

I wish people would stick to the facts when making their points!!

Now this is impossible!

Vote-tampering in 1960 election

Fannin County, Texas had only 4,895 registered voters. BUT 6,138 votes were cast, 75% of which went to Kennedy.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Should we really compare tire-slashing to this?

I do not know about the whole 2004 election, but I would say all events should be considered as suspect and that would include your church example.

Like I stated the doors swing both ways and we all know it has been going on for along time. That does not make it right for either that is my point. I am simply pointing out that the guilt should be spread around in equal amounts.

A good example would be the Daily (sp?) Machine in Chicago of years ago where his ward bosses insisted that city workers vote for him on election mornings.

Similar events took placed in Milwaukee under the Meir (sp) administration so it was not limited to just Chicago and I would venture to say if one looked deep and hard you could find examples of Republicans doing the very same in Republican area strongholds.

[edit on 10/2/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What about all of the people that vote under more than 1 name or the Ileagles that vote when they shouldnt. That happens on both sides.

apc

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think this is just one of many mechanisms of orchestration. Nothing has been "stolen" as both sides have been complicit in the synthesis since Reagan.

I do have to wonder though... is there any way for the citizens to enforce a paper trail?

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
What about all of the people that vote under more than 1 name or the Ileagles that vote when they shouldnt. That happens on both sides.

Well, there is a reason for voter registration. There shouldn't be people voting under more than one name. There also shouldn't be an illegal citizen voting. Notice I said shouldn't. But, I'm pretty sure that these discrepencies wouldn't amount to thousands of votes.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The CEO of Diebold infamously said during an 03 Republican fund rasier that he and his company were committed to delivering Ohio to Bush in 04....and so they did.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I've always believed that voting never solved anything, and that the political system in this country is a sham, but now it's making me angry. Now it's being done blatently and, for the most part, openly.

WTF did you expect when you don't vote?!?!?

What, you expected some other voter to go out and do your job for you? To maybe ensure that the people who were elected were qualified? You expected someone else to carry the load and organize the protests, or the voting campaigns, or whatever it took to get the crooks OUT of the political system and the good guys IN to it?

Jeezus F'ing Christ!!! What the bloody hell did you expect?

There's no perfect institution! People don't magically become good people because they got put into office, and the only way a person gets into office is if enough people vote for him. If the majority of the registered voters got off their ass and went to the polls in each and every election, then no amount of manipulation or fraud could get a falsely elected candidate into office except under two circumstances:

• The nation was TRULY split enough to make it a very narrow margin, in which case, either party is going to be utterly convinced their side "really" won, regardless of whether or not vote fraud took place.

• The vote fraud would be immediately noticable enough on a scale where the election results could be annulled as fraudulent.

Who the hell do you think is out there voting? Martians? Shadow People? Reptillians? Bloody Hell!!! It's this attitude that makes me so angry I can hardly see straight. You, and others like you, complain, bitch, and moan about how awful the state of government is, and how there should be some sort of revolution, and then when it comes down for you to do your part, the only part that your country's founding fathers ever asked of you, to VOTE, to take place in a bloodless revolution and transfer of power, and you can't even be bothered to lift your finger because you think the system is a sham.

Well I've got news for you, kid. Whether or not it's a sham, it's the only damned system we've got, and it's the only thing that's ever going to make a difference short of a bloody coup d'etat. So why don't you get off your self-righteous ignorant little horse, get your ass out there to the polls, and start making a bloody difference before you complain next time. Otherwise, your apathy bought you exactly the sort of government you deserve!!!

• posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:26 AM
    link   

Originally posted by grover
    The CEO of Diebold infamously said during an 03 Republican fund rasier that he and his company were committed to delivering Ohio to Bush in 04....and so they did.

EXcuse me, no voter fraud was ever proven in a court of law. Therefore it is just an unproven allegation, unless of course you can furnish the conviction records???????

<<   2  3  4 >>

join