It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God make people who do horrible things?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you haven't found out already. This summer and year in general has been rough, hard, and tough for me on many levels. I just don't why God makes people who get to the "top" of whatever in the world and hurts those who follow God? Who try, try, and try, and then when they think they've gotten ahead a little, they get screwed by them? But lets the people on "top" hurt us on the bottom, and lie, and cheat, and hurt the middle and lower classes? I just don't understand why?

Just tell me what you think.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Do you think that maybe there is no such god? Or that there are too many gods for this planet too handle until we can eliminate all other beliefs to just one? You asked a good question. I think people do horrible things because of a god. Just look at this world we live in.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by I See You]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why does God make people who do horrible things? I can expand on that ...
Why does God, who can make things happen or not happen, allow such horror as the tsunami? All those children who were ripped away from their parents ... frightened out of their minds ... died in agony and fright and horror ... some had their bodies wash ashore full of sandy mud coming out of their mouths, eyes, noses, and ears.

So .. why?

I have heard things like 'you have to trust God' .. 'God knows what is best' etc.... but sometimes I have a hard time seeing God as a loving Father. What kind of father allows these things to happen to his children?

I don't get it either. I used to think i did. I know the 'right' answers. But ....

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Can't remember when God did something usefull lately to help mankind. Where is he when people die in a car accident, get murdered, when childern die of hunger or thurst, in wars, ... or when you pray?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenwindows

Why does God make people who do horrible things?

Question: Why does people make god do horrible things?

Answer: People too afraid to know god within. people too afraid to do more than try. stealing page from Yoda: Do, or do not. there is no "try".

If you haven't found out already. This summer and year in general has been rough, hard, and tough for me on many levels. I just don't why God makes people who get to the "top" of whatever in the world and hurts those who follow God?

if truly follow god, then in mind and in heart and in spirit follow god to top and to bottom and no fear, and then no hate. the kingdom of truth is in you, and then all around you.

Who try, try, and try, and then when they think they've gotten ahead a little, they get screwed by them?

try is not.

do or do not, only choices.

gotten a head a little.

got in a little head.

get smallest thought, get largest thought, get god's thought, and you will never "try" again, and you will never "do not" again.

But lets the people on "top" hurt us on the bottom, and lie, and cheat, and hurt the middle and lower classes? I just don't understand why?

people "on top" zeros. ones and negative ones think that lie exists, think that cheat exists. no lies exist. no cheats exist. only ones and negative ones fearing being zero.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I don't get it either. I used to think i did. I know the 'right' answers. But ....

A major part of the problem is this. We are living in a world that has rejected God(God has not rejected us).

All of creation was subjected to the effects of sin. And it shows up everywhere, in people, in the weather, in animals, in the planets etc..

It has been recorded in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Because of this a grand plan of redemption is taking place. It is also being recorded in the minds and hearts of the people who are living it. Those who believ e in The need for Christ will for all eternity be living examples that God knows what He is doing.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Do you think that maybe there is no such god? Or that there are too many gods for this planet too handle until we can eliminate all other beliefs to just one? You asked a good question. I think people do horrible things because of a god. Just look at this world we live in.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by I See You]

who is the god of this world? there is only one and people do horrible things because of this god no doubt. times runnin out for this world and its god.

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Have none of you guys heard of FREE WILL? Sure, God makes people but he also gives them free will to do what they want. It's just unfortunate that many people choose not to believe in God. People who believe in themselves only can do horrible things because they don't care about anyone else.

I know some body is going to say 'but what about the christian 'killers/paedophiles/insert crime here'. Well, methinks they're guided by a spirit, but it isn't the Holy Spirit...

[edit on 3/10/06 by jimboman]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Exacly, God doesn't make people do anything because he is not a puppet master because it's wrong to try and controll people's lives! Sure he helps people who seek him to get to the top through guidence and wisdom but that doesn't mean their free will to do whatever they want is also taken away which explains why some of the powerful are mean to the weaker people. So there you have it free will exists because God always lets us have it and never takes it away from anyone. Lol, I know this is no where near proof that we have free will but like God nothing can prove it's existence so it's also just a matter of faith.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Unfortunately you guys can't have it both ways.

Either God is
A. Omnipotent and Omnicient, which means he knew what he was creating when he created it, and created everything in a certan way knowing the cause and effect of everything. Which means that God is directly responsible for everything bad that happens.

or

B. God isn't all powerfull, and didn't create everything knowing what would happen.

So which is it?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Oh now I see what you're getting at. You're getting at my believe that if there is a God that he cannot be omnipotent, omnicient and perfect. I just describe God as the concience that created everything within himself and I think we get his guidence and wisdom when we believe and seek him because our concience is directly connected to him since he created us within himself. Anyways I will not say my whole theory about it here since the truth is humanity is way to ingnorent to comprehend the existance of God anyways. So we must know a lot more about the universe (all dimensions that exist) first. We shall all know or assume their must be a God when we finally do.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Elimaku]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Actually you can have it both ways. God created us, but gave us free will so we can learn from our mistakes and grow. Can't have the light without the dark, good without evil, etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
But trekkie, if that's the case , God created us, knowing that 90% will burn in hell for eternity? Not only that, but knowing which individual people will burn, and why. moreover, that they will burn unless they accept him, but knowing full well that they won't. That's pretty f**ked up if you ask me

But then you'll say "It's not our place to know God's plan" or some other cop out to that effect. (Based on experience. but please, feal free to surprise me)

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Where in the bible does it say you people will burn in hell for eternity? The bible does say that we are saved by Jesus's death though.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If you read a story where everyone was kind to each other and nothing bad happened, would you want to read it? No! That'd be a boring read.

Fact is, stories have bad things happen, and the stories are about those who overcome the challenges they face.

Sure some people die when they deserve to live, and some people live who deserve death. But those who live must still have a part to play in this life, and those who've lived have already played their part.

We're at the mercy of destiny... the story of life... a story that we wrote before coming here. We already made the decisions in our life, now we're just experiencing them.

Sure I may sound a tad eccentric, but it makes sense to me anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Where in the bible does it say you people will burn in hell for eternity? The bible does say that we are saved by Jesus's death though.

Revelations 20:15 and anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the polluted, the murderers, the fornicators, the sorcerers, the idolaters, and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

that's just a quick few.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't want to hijack the thread anymore, but those scriptures you listed does not mention anything about burning for eternity. If I'm correct the lake of fire are for all of those who haven't repented even after all of the chances they've been given to do good. I'm guessing into the fire you go and then that's it. I personally don't believe in hell.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
But the point is that God knew who would be thrown into the lake before creating mankind, correct?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I think you could also look at having your name written in the book of life as something that is recorded after your life is over, not something that has been predetermined before human life existed.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Do you mean in a cyclical manner? Because that's how I see the universe. Everything has happened before, it will all happen again, and again, and again. However, it is my understanding that there is a definate timetable in which God does things. Like the whole "in the beginning" thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join