It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Copper Scroll of Qumran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
good book I recommend

Book Description

Introduces a radical new perspective on the historical foundations of monotheism, based on the enigma of the Copper Scroll of the Essenes.
* Confirms the link between ancient Judaism and the pharoah Akhenaten.

* Decodes the system of measurements encrypted on the Copper Scroll that has confounded scholars for over 50 years, leading to the identification of fabulous lost treasures.

* Points to a radical new understanding of the origins of monotheism.

The famous Dead Sea Scrolls comprise the oldest collection of Biblical documents ever discovered. Of the Dead Sea Scrolls, none has baffled experts more than the 2,000-year-old Copper Scroll, discovered in 1952 by a team of Bedouin led by Henri de Contenson of the Ecole Biblique in East Jerusalem. Appearing to be a list of buried treasure engraved on copper pieces, the Copper Scroll is considered to be the work of a secretive Jewish sect of devout Essenes, who lived by the Dead Sea around the time of Jesus. No one has been able to explain its meaning or discover any of the 64 locations where the Biblical treasures it lists were buried.

Robert Feather, combining his background as a metallurgist with his journalistic expertise, has unraveled the enigma of the Copper Scroll in a fascinating study that takes the reader on a journey from ancient Mesopotamia, through Canaan, into Egypt, and back to the shores of the Dead Sea. His exploration links the scroll to the ancient Egyptian king Akhenaten, confirming a long suspected influence of this pharaoh's religious beliefs on those of the Hebrews. The author's findings not only reveal the locations of most of the treasures listed on the Copper Scroll, but they also point to a radical new understanding of the origins of monotheism-the basis of the three great religions of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

www.amazon.com...=1068276177/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-4566858-0864165?v=glance&n=507846

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hmmm, I've always wondered about where the influence came from concerning monotheism & Akhenaten...Because his wife at the time was foreign royalty given to him under political treaty (Could *she* have been considering a new religion?). Considering that the evidence I've seen so far puts the period of Moses living in Egypt & the actual Exodus at about the same time as the rule of Ahkenaten.

I've wondered mostly about how much influence (on monotheism) could have come from Ahkenaten, his wife & even Moses at that time & about how they *got* that influence...And who influenced who the most to go through with it.

It's already been pretty well established that the influence Moses had on Judism contained a *lot* of Egyptian custom & practice...Such as the list of "clean" foods & the fastidious concern for hygene, which were common customs in Egypt.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thats really interesting Slave, I'll have to read that. I know there is a theory about Akhenaten having really been Moses. He was ran out of Egypt because he became increasingly unpopular for his stance on Monotheism in Egypt while in Power. I had a link somewhere i'll have to find that again and post it here for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is apparently a very old theory, there have been a few books which have dealt with the matter. Including Sigmond Freud

I came across this site which I have skimmed through

www.greatdreams.com...

it has some interesting leads, check out the links on his page

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slave
This is apparently a very old theory, there have been a few books which have dealt with the matter. Including Sigmond Freud

I came across this site which I have skimmed through

www.greatdreams.com...

it has some interesting leads, check out the links on his page

Here's that link i wanted to post here for you:

dwij.org...

Amenhotep, who was later known as Akhenaten and Moses, was born in Year 12 of his father Amenhotep III, 1394 BC, in the summer royal palace in the border city of Zarw in northern Sinai. Zarw, modern Kantara East, was the center of the land of Goshen where the Israelites dwelt, and in the same location where the biblical Moses was born. But contrary to the biblical account, Moses was born inside the royal palace. His mother Queen Tiye had an elder son, Tuthmosis, who died a short time before Amenhotep's birth. Tuthmosis had been educated and trained at the royal residence in Memphis before he mysteriously disappeared�believed to have been kidnapped and assassinated by the Amun priests. Fearing for his safety, Tiye sent her son, the infant Amenhotep, by water to the safekeeping of her father's Israelite family outside the walls of Zarw. (Which was the origin of the biblical baby-in-the-bulrushes story.)

new topics

top topics

join