It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first posts in forums (little ^ arrow ones)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Those first posts... the ones that always stay as the first ones in the forum.

I know some things need to stay at the begining, some things are important or maybe information about new things here or even poles. But some of them have no importance what-so-ever and probaly wouldn't even be looked at if they weren't ALWAYS THERE.

Why are they there?

For example. 'Numbers and their significance' , and 'conscious OObe' in the paranormal forum.

I'm sorry... it irritates me for no reason some times. (right now probably because the kids are knit-picking) lol

Just courious. I like IMPORTANT stuff on top and old threads to GO AWAY into some wonderful archive that we can access when the time is right. Mostly because when people see an old thread and try to attatch a new question or comment to it because it falls somewhere in the same realm of subject matter - most of us miss it (or dismiss it) and never know. And the person often don't use their own words to give us real info as to what THEY want to say or ask.

I know alot of people don't want new threads on old topics. But rehashing old topics with new people is important... we get new ideas and fresh looks at old info.

My thoughts (often), so thought I'd go ahead and ask.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I agree, starting a new thread off an old topic that has hundreds of pages of replies is a good idea because no one really wants to read through that many pages to get the key information that may have been only on a few pages.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revelmonk
I agree, starting a new thread off an old topic that has hundreds of pages of replies is a good idea because no one really wants to read through that many pages to get the key information that may have been only on a few pages.

(Sigh of relief) Thanks Revelmonk. I really thought I was putting my neck on the chopping block by saying anything. (I'm not one to complain)

new topics

join