It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground facilities easy to hide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Everyone is always looking for signs of enterences to underground bases at Dulce and Area 51 on google earth

I am a firm believer that the government would not allow these pictures on google earth anyway but even if they did here are some examples of how easy it is to hide an underground enterence

here is an underground service tunnel at heathrow airport, now with a canopy or some shrubbery similar to military camo shelters it would not be hard to disguise this enterence

and heres the route

the exit again easily desguisable

here is an example of how an undergroung enterence can be disguised using buildings

So in theory one of the hangers at groom lake could infact be the enterence to the underground facility so many people believe in.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good theory, I never thought of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Of course. I don't think they would have the entrances in plain sight. They would definitely use some kind of cover up for them

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
While there might be some underground sections at classified bases, why would it be necessary at, say, Area 51? Hell they know when the satellites are going to over fly and they can't see through standard hangars or buildings plus at night is when any flights or outside ops take place so why would they need any large-scale part of the facility buried?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Has anyone ever though of some type of Stealth Technology?

Really! Think about it- Stealth technology has been tried on aircrafts (B-2, F-117, Bird of Prey, etc.), Ships (Sea Shadow, Sea Wrath, Subs) even to a limited degree on some missiles. Stealth is used to hide things from electronic sensors, such as Radar.

In today's time, sensors such as radar and Inferred can be built into sattilites that are used for reconnassance. With that in mind, wouldn't it make sense that the US government may have developed some kind of steath technology to help them hide really secret stuff on the ground?

Tim

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Seriously, why would they spend all that money on stealth technology, when they can just slap a roof over it. Nothing's going to see through a roof!

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I know they could be easily hidden, just take a look at these pics. they are from a marijuana growing operation that was busted in Tennessee.

Keep in mind this is just a person or a group of people and this is at/under a house. If an individual person can do this, just imagine what the govt and military could construct with a nearly unlimited budget

This is the text and link to the orginal

This grow was underneath a house in a cave. The entrance was through a secret hydraulic door in the Garage that led to a concrete ramp that went about 50 yards into the ground. Inside the cave was living quarters and a secret escape hatch that Led you through a tunnel that exited via another hydraulic door that opened up a rock on the outside. The set up Allowed them to harvest every 60 days which resulted in multi-million Dollar sales. One of the guys busted was living in a house on the water in FL. and had a nice yacht. One of the agents here in Nashville worked on this for 5 years Before the warrant was finally served in December.

Source

This is from the ventilation/access shaft which was disguised as a boulder complete with hydraulic actuator

Looking down the shaft

Main access door from hidden garage wall

Other side of the above door looking in from the garage. once that door was closed you couldnt tell it was there, just looked like part of the wall or foundation

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
After the German war economy was dispersed and partially hidden underground production increased despite massive Allied air attacks. The Japanese were thought to have less than 2000 combat-ready aircraft in pre-invasion recon. In fact their manufacture in caves produced a total of over 12,000 that were not known of or seen. This is 1944-45 with simply hiding production facilities from aerial view so without people bombing you a hanger will do to hide anything you have. In WW 2 there were very well camoflauged areas. The art of camoflauge was at its height then and photo analists were still able to discern things by before and after images plus the ability to recognize unnatural topographic features.

[edit on 10/5/06 by Cruizer]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have been thinking the same thing about the dulce base I dont think we will find it on satelite images but maybe we can find interesting things there and go check them out, those of us who live close by anyway

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Seriously, why would they spend all that money on stealth technology, when they can just slap a roof over it. Nothing's going to see through a roof!

I was talking about hiding the LOCATION of the facility. Even if you can't see through the roof, you can still see that the facility is there.

Tim

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This topic makes me wonder: has seismographic and earth ultrasound capabilities that one could drill a couple holes a few mile away from a suspected underground base and use a series of explosives to find 'dead spots'?. I know this is commonly used in my field at short ranges to verify the strength of bedrock and such, but I do not know the effective range of powerful equipment.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I was talking about hiding the LOCATION of the facility.

What about the daily traffic in and out of the place? And I don't mean so much the vehicles themslves, but the method for those vehicles to get there ......... roads.

Misfit

AHK

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yea absolutly true. with a program like google earth comming from directly above the targeted sight, almost anything can be disguised with great ease. You know they do that with aircraft

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's funny that military spending keeps going up and yet they are shutting down bases all the time and this doesn't include black op money. They have to be underground now and that's why google earth exists because there is not much to see from the sky anymore.

Can people get shots of the war over Iraq? I've never seen anybody put links up here yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Another point to remember is that the pictures shown on google earth can be doctored. If the government doesnt want you to see it then it will not show up on google earth for example they could display a desert plain where a road really exists..........just a thought

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Another point to remember is that the pictures shown on google earth can be doctored. If the government doesnt want you to see it then it will not show up on google earth for example they could display a desert plain where a road really exists..........just a thought

You might be interested to know that there is a company called SpaceImaging who are a privately run company who own their own satellite with a high res camera. To launch and run their satellite they had to apply to the US Gov for a license which they got under the constraint that they US Gov could interveen at any time and censor the photos that they obtained.

SpaceImaging have photographed many military bases and have taken a few photos of Area 51 at pretty high resolution and the government never used their prerogative of being able to alter or remove the photos entirely.

To me this shows that they are totally satisfied by the security against recon that Area 51 currently has (ie. Hangars and buildings and protocol which hides aircraft from the view of overflying satellites) not to be too bothered about people looking at a couple of runways and hangar roofs. If this is true then why is an underground base ANY use at all?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

Originally posted by g60kg

SpaceImaging have photographed many military bases and have taken a few photos of Area 51 at pretty high resolution and the government never used their prerogative of being able to alter or remove the photos entirely.

To me this shows that they are totally satisfied by the security against recon that Area 51 currently has (ie. Hangars and buildings and protocol which hides aircraft from the view of overflying satellites) not to be too bothered about people looking at a couple of runways and hangar roofs. If this is true then why is an underground base ANY use at all?

Well the whole point of having a base underground could be that it is much easier to deny the existance of it as it is totally hidden from view, this would be especially useful if what was being tested at the base was more sinister than experimental aircraft e.g. cloning/mutilation/human alien hybrids etc.. as rumoured at Dulce

Also I would not doubt the capabilities of building such a base considering the fact that private companies can have their own underground vaults made for millions of dollars, military technology is supposed to be far more advanced isnt it?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I always saw dreamland as the base they show us in independece day, but that raises a question for me: how come ppl never said they saw 10000 of trucks leaving area51 with dirt,stones etc. . second thing is that i recently have the thought they are using area 51 as a decoy on something else . Don't u think it would be much easier 2 do ur secret stuff on the land of an ally or somewhere u can't live without a multi billion dollar budget like Antartica, deserts hell even the oceans ?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
someone emailed me about that bust in Tenn..that was the biggest cave of WEED i have ever seen!!!! they must have been harvesting like 1000 pounds a month in there!! so about $$2-3 million a month!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Can people get shots of the war over Iraq? I've never seen anybody put links up here yet.

iraq conflict: photo archive

iraq conflict: video archive

hope that helps

top topics

<<   2 >>

join