It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans 2nd Cloned Sheep Born Succesfully (pictures included)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just thought I'd add this.
Even though I'm (thankfully) not inbetween Day-sans and
Shots's little fight, I'd like to respond to something.

I've had fresh organic fruits and vegetables before, fresh from a farm,
and I have to say, the stuff at the store that has all the modifications
tasted alot better to me than the natural stuff.

[edit on 10/1/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And than they said, "On one condition you must accept us as your creators.. In return you will be gifted language and one day you will be gods." from the Reptilian theory

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
And than they said, "On one condition you must accept us as your creators.. In return you will be gifted language and one day you will be gods." from the Reptilian theory

Say what now?

Anyhoo....

Nice one, well done. This isn't easily achieved and is a good scientific breakthrough.

As for the poster who claimed that the West has more or less banned it, I think you'll find that it's only the US that gets fidgety about cloning. The UK is one of the world leaders in this technology and continues to do it now. Human cloning has a moratorium until the technology is better understood, but animals is another thing entirely.

EDIT to add: Can we leave out the political sniping and Anti-anything Iranian bitchery? When was the last time the US cloned a sheep?

[edit on 1/10/06 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

As for your other comments I doubt you were born nor old enough to understand the full ramifications of what Iran started when they took the Hostages during the Carter administration, so you should be the last to speak out on the subject as to my reasons for feeling the way I do.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by shots]

Iran started?

It was America and Britain who started it through operation Ajax.

The reason why the Iranians took CIA, Marine and embasy staff hostages was to trade them for the Iranian dictator who escaped to America. The Iranians wanted him back so they could punish him for the his torture and murders against the Iranian people but America decided to protect him.

America and Britain started it in 1953 :
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here's a video done by Channel 4 UK news in Iran about there genetic engineering, Stem cell research and IFV research they are conducting.

It's pretty short. It was just a short news report done about Iran during a week long special whch focused on Iran and it's development.

Science over ethics?

Published: 8 Mar 2006
By: Julian Rush

Iran is encouraging stem cell, fertility and even cloning research. But have ethical consequences been damned?

>>Watch the report

Over in Washington a bill to allow state funding of stem cell research goes before the Senate today, in the teeth of strong opposition from the religious right.

But here in Iran groundbreaking research is flourishing. Iran's clerics and political leaders actively promote science and technology to help enhance its global status.

But, as our Science Correspondent, Julian Rush, reports, in its dash to embrace advanced technologies, Iran has largely overlooked the ethical and legal consequences and doctors are warning of serious problems ahead.
www.channel4.com...

To watch the video click on ">>Watch the report" in the link :
www.channel4.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Here's a video done by Channel 4 UK news in Iran about there genetic engineering, Stem cell research and IFV research they are conducting.

Science over ethics?

But, as our Science Correspondent, Julian Rush, reports, in its dash to embrace advanced technologies, Iran has largely overlooked the ethical and legal consequences and doctors are warning of serious problems ahead.
www.channel4.com...

Well if you read your source material it would appear others have the very same concerns as I do.

Thanks for the link, it bolsters my opinion even more.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To be fair ethical and legal ideas are only opinion. What may be considered immoral and unetical in one country maybe perfectly acceptable in another.

For example in Amersterdam you can smoke cannabis but it is considered bad in America. You can commit adultry in America with no problems or backlash but it is considered unethical in other countries and you could even goto jail for it. You can have sex with prostitues in certain parts of America but it is considered unethical practice in other parts of the world and even other states in America.

As long as they are not cloning humans i have little problem with what they do.

At least they are making something of there lives with the oil money they have unlike the Arab countries that surround them who just blow money on gold palaces, alcohol, drugs, parties, prostitutes and sports cars etc...

I personally am very happy for Iran and what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Shots, I am highly skeptical you have tasted the flesh of a cloned animal, therefore I believe you should not pass on such speculation as fact.

Well it is obvious what Iran is attempting to do with this cloning technology. They want to become the Middle East's largest supplier of cloned wool. Cloned wool feels much better and warmer on your back than traditional wool. With the proper financing, research and development, cloned wool will even become cheaper over time. Now thats a BARGAIN!

FYI, Genetic Savings & Clone is a US business based in California that has been cloning pet cats for wealthy families for a couple of years now. They are currently working on cloning dogs, but of course due to the high price youd have to be at least a 100,000 a year citizen to even consider such options.

They will not be offering an IPO until commercial dog cloning can be achieved, so keep this one on the watchlist guys

I have been tracking it since 2003.

Congradulations Iran, I will definetly be a customer of your fine line of cloned wool sweaters.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

now you area mind reader also huh?

Its assumption Shots, much like YOU assuming I am not up to speed on Operation Eagle Claw.

And anyways, who says I am not a mind reader?

I hate to burst your bubble

Er... what bubble?

Back then food tasted far better and was healthier, less sodium, less sugar no preservatives or chemicals to cause cancer in them either.

Well, thats a brilliant example of stating the obvious.

AS you can see that being the case, I have tasted the real thing and know what has happened to our foods by the use of cloning seeds and us of artificial ingredients, unlike you who more then likely has not experienced the same.

AGAIN with the assumptions... you good at the assumption thing Shots. Shame your accuracy is outdone by your rate huh...

Just think of all that extra sodium and sugar you are consuming alone all which add calories, shame on you.

Yes, shame on me... what is this? Food-Facism? And of course, that Coca-Cola I drank this afternoon was in fact cloned from another can two weeks ago...

You really should go to a farm and buy some farm fresh eggs and chickens. Then try them, trust me they are far better in texture as well as taste since most products they eat are the very same that chickens have eaten for ages with some exceptions I am sure, but unlike factory farmed chicken they do not get their beaks clipped because gravel takes care of the beaks naturally on a real farm. They also eat very little if any artificial products eat outside of cages unlike factory farmed animals, which makes the taste far better and healthier I might add for you.

Ok, just relax... you're starting to sound like a Waitrose commercial.

We are not talking religion we are talking cloning kindly stay on topic.

Ok so eager are you to point out this remark that you have ever failed to, or have feigned not seeing the point I was making. Either way, your request that I stay on topic is irrelevant, as there is no need to make that request.

And while we're on the subject of staying on topic, it would be nice for you to do likewise, instead of handing down dietry information and advice.

Now kindly explain what makes this one cloning any different then all the others. They have been cloning since 1952, so all I see here is a copycat nothing more.

Er.... when was it I said it WAS different?

And let us not forget this is their 2nd cloned lamb, not their first, again another reason for not getting excited wouldn't you say?

Well, I'll be honest with you, I am not excited as you assume (another one btw), I was merely saying well done, and I stated that I hoped they would perhaps contribute to the science along with the other nations, and that I feared international politics would interfere as it always seems to do so.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

Just think of all that extra sodium and sugar you are consuming alone all which add calories, shame on you.

Yes, shame on me... what is this? Food-Facism? And of course, that Coca-Cola I drank this afternoon was in fact cloned from another can two weeks ago...

You really should go to a farm and buy some farm fresh eggs and chickens. Then try them, trust me they are far better in texture as well as taste since most products they eat are the very same that chickens have eaten for ages with some exceptions I am sure, but unlike factory farmed chicken they do not get their beaks clipped because gravel takes care of the beaks naturally on a real farm. They also eat very little if any artificial products eat outside of cages unlike factory farmed animals, which makes the taste far better and healthier I might add for you.

Ok, just relax... you're starting to sound like a Waitrose commercial.

Bwaaahahaa!
"Waitrose commercial" and like, as if it wasn't a racist issue in the first place.

Somehow this has turned into a 'quality of food' issue. WTF? Who ever said they were cloning for food

"ignorance is bliss" eh?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's funny because people will bash Iran simple because they "think" Iran only wants to embrace nuclear technologies to kill people, but here they create life and they still get bashed for it.
"Ladies and gentleman, welcome to 1996"
Okay so this technology is 10 years old, should we abandon nuclear technology and laugh at the people use it because it is almost 100 years old? Seriously folks if you really have nothing good to say, why say anything at all? Why make enemies when you can make friends, ignore something you dislike and move onto something you like.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo57

Okay so this technology is 10 years old, should we abandon nuclear technology and laugh at the people use it because it is almost 100 years old? Seriously folks if you really have nothing good to say, why say anything at all? Why make enemies when you can make friends, ignore something you dislike and move onto something you like.

Because its just so much more fun to point out the obvious. really, it is.

And I'm surprised nobody saw it.

Whats the point? Why do we care that Iran cloned a sheep? thats what I was getting it. Its old news, we did it before in 96, they did it before too. Who care? What type of political spin are we getting where were supposed to care?

If theres nothing important about it, why have news at all?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would really like to know why you think its not important. The OP is obviously Iranian or of relation and hes proud of what his country has done, considering its the first of its kind in the middle east. Considering it kind of shows scientific stability in a region devestated by war, I think thats quite a good thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perhaps they were able to gather new data after utilizing more modern technology. Perhaps we have yet to hear they may have some new information for us to hear? Perhaps their cloned wool is fire and waterproof?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
any country that is advanced is always a threat to america!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No we bash Iran because the radical Islamist makes them look bad. Check out obsession radical islam on youtube.com

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What would Allah say?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
People, lets try and not have single sentence posts please,
not only are they not allowed, they bring down the content
of the thread as a whole.

Thanks.

[edit on 10/1/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OMG!! THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE MASS SUICIDE BOMBERS!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
*SIGHS*
*THINKS*
"Well, I did give them fair warning, it's their own fault when they
get point deductions.

As to the last post, I'm not sure if it was meant to be humurous or
not, and if it was, well it was'nt.

If it was'nt, well really now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>