It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans 2nd Cloned Sheep Born Succesfully (pictures included)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm very proud and since the last time we did this it ended up as failure but now in such little time we get our cloned sheep without major problems. Iranians still remain to be the most intelligent in the middle east!.

IRANIAN scientists today announced the birth of the Islamic republic's first cloned sheep to survive delivery, the state-run IRNA news agency reported.

"The sheep was born at the Rouyan research centre in (the central city of) Isfahan at 3.00am (0930 AEST)," said Hamid Gourabie, the head of the institute. "She is currently under medical supervision."

Iran in July announced the birth of its first cloned sheep, but the animal died only a few minutes into life from respiratory problems. This time it appears that the cloned sheep has managed to survive.

www.news.com.au...

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Mehran]

[edit on 2/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
cloned with what,exactly??

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barn
cloned with what,exactly??

we used the same methods( somatic cell nuclear transfer) that dolly the sheep was experimented on.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well at least there may be some tasty lamb left over after Iran causes a nuclear winter holocaust.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I see one big conspiracy here. What Iran is preparing to do is clone more rulers such as their current bozo.

Seriously though Cloning of anything should not be allowed, it can only lead to disaster.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well at least there may be some tasty lamb left over after Iran causes a nuclear winter holocaust.

you shouldn't be talking when you guys were the first ones using nukes on innocent civilians in japan and reccomended them on vietnam too. who is the real killer here?. America who starts wars daily and gets hated everyday or Iran which hasn't attacked any countries within the last 300 years.

this might hit a nerve on ya!.

118 Countries Support Iran’s Peaceful Nuclear Program

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok, so Iran can clone a sheep, the rest of the western world can to,
we just don't because we either have laws against it, or there's
no reason.

Seriously though, what point was their in cloning a sheep, other than
showing that they/you could?

Is Iran going to try and become a world meat producer via sheep?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
Iran which hasn't attacked any countries within the last 300 years.

this might hit a nerve on ya!.

Hardly since this denies your ignorance on the matter

Iran 'attacks Iraq Kurdish area'

How much more has Iran covered up from you seeing?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Why the F*ck can't people just keep on topic and leave the nonsenseical irrelevant Iran bashing to somewhere more suited for their snotty nosed remarks. Jeez they cloned a sheep, they're not declaring war FFS!

[edit on 30-9-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Why the F*ck can't people just keep on topic and leave the nonscenceical irrelevant Iran bashing to somewhere more suited for their snotty nosed remarks. Jeez they cloned a sheep, they're not declaring war FFS!

It is to be expected of such as djohnsto and shots, I'm afraid. They have chosen a side in this BS war on terror, and they are sooooo scared of them nasteh Ay-Rabs and them nasteh Eye-Ranians. It is clinically proven that people of their category cannot, by willful action or otherwise, take part in a conversation of this type, simply because a 'key word' has been mentioned, triggering an illogical, and unconstructive response, the word in this event being 'Iran'.

It's a pity, because this is a tech thread, and, despite Mehran's propaganda agenda, Iran should be congratulated on this success. I would HOPE that they will be able to contribute to the science alongside the other nations involved in research, but unfortunately, politrix will no doubt interfere.

Religion, Politics, and Money combined with each other........ now THATS an Axis of Evil,

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

It's a pity, because this is a tech thread, and, despite Mehran's propaganda agenda, Iran should be congratulated on this success.

Well you are right on one point but wrong on the other. I defy you to go out and take anything with original ingredients versus artificial (cloned ingredients) and tell us all they taste the very same.

Cloning is wrong it is as simple as that, all they are doing is ruining what mother nature created naturally.

`````
As for your other comments I doubt you were born nor old enough to understand the full ramifications of what Iran started when they took the Hostages during the Carter administration, so you should be the last to speak out on the subject as to my reasons for feeling the way I do.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow Day-san, I've never seen more textual impressions of southerners i one place before.

Tis funny.

As for cloning, I apporve of it for therapeutic purposes, and in the event
of full cloning, the individual must fully understand the positive and nega-
tive aspects of it.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

It's a pity, because this is a tech thread, and, despite Mehran's propaganda agenda, Iran should be congratulated on this success.

Well you are right on one point but wrong on the other. I defy you to go out and take anything with original ingredients versus artificial (cloned ingredients) and tell us all they taste the very same.

Cloning is wrong it is as simple as that, all they are doing is ruining what mother nature created naturally.

`````
As for your other comments obviously you were not born nor old enough to understand the ramifications when Iran took all the hostages were you?

[edit on 9/30/2006 by shots]

Yes, but I believe "Dolly" the sheep was the first cloned mammal and done so by Scotland. This was not for consumer issues. It's a matter of science really pushing boundries albeit legally and if Iran wants a crack, why not? I suppose you think that the UK is just as 'irresponsible'?

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Mehran
Thats great. Congrats! I hope that they can make some use out of it and bring something to the table to help humanity. Since its pretty much illegal here , perhaps they can make some kind of findings that will prove its worthy of investigation.

Pie

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Right... ok, see, in that last statement you have shown you have clearly not given any thought on potential cloning apps. It sounds very much like these Cayjolics who harp on about the 'evils of science'. Interesting to note though, that without science most of them would be dead......

Obviously cloning Humans is a risky business, and should be tightly monitored, but don't just rule it out because of some misguided religious notion of protecting God's turf. If done properly, it will boost medical research greatly.

As for your other comments I doubt you were born nor old enough to understand the full ramifications of what Iran started when they took the Hostages during the Carter administration, so you should be the last to speak out on the subject as to my reasons for feeling the way I do.

Maybe I SHOULD be the last... but that didn't stop me anyways

And so you have a beef. Does that mean you have to act in such a juvenile manner in regards to a scientific topic just because it happens to involve a country you hate?

So I am younger than you (as you assume without grounds). Let's look at a thing that a nation has done in MY time to piss me right off.... oh look! the USA! I was disgusted with the way the US acted in regards to Iraq. But I dont get bitchy when they do something involving science (unlike you with Iran), I dont lump the whole US as a people in the basket of right wing religious nutcases (unlike you with Iran).

Point is: this is about science, not you dislikes of a certain government or nation.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It is to be expected of such as djohnsto and shots, I'm afraid. They have chosen a side in this BS war on terror, and they are sooooo scared of them nasteh Ay-Rabs and them nasteh Eye-Ranians. It is clinically proven that people of their category cannot, by willful action or otherwise, take part in a conversation of this type, simply because a 'key word' has been mentioned, triggering an illogical, and unconstructive response, the word in this event being 'Iran'.

Since my beloved grandma is one of those "nasty Ay-Rabs" I think your comment is pretty null and void.

I was trying to comment on a pretty useless story. Anyway, my father's (Scottish) side did this first!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to 1996!

Seriously, hasnt this been done before? Is Iran boldly going where we've already been before? come on now, no need to reinvent the wheel. I mean, whats next? I hear rumors down the pipes that the Iranians might be designing this machine with propellors and metal wings that flies like a bird. We'll have to watch this one closely

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Please no UN inspectors, as these sheep will be used for peaceful energy purposes.

Stop shopping Bar Code 627.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Since my beloved grandma is one of those "nasty Ay-Rabs" I think your comment is pretty null and void.

Ok, let me rephrase: you have beef with Iran because they are Muslim.

I was trying to comment on a pretty useless story. Anyway, my father's (Scottish) side did this first!

No you weren't. You were gatecrashing a thread that mentions one of the 'key words' (which in this case is the word 'Iran') with unhelpful and bitchy commentry. I promise, if the thread had been "The Czech Republic Successfully Clones Sheep," your comments would be far different in nature.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Right... ok, see, in that last statement you have shown you have clearly not given any thought on potential cloning apps.

now you area mind reader also huh?

Yes I have thought about it and what I have seen I do not like, that is why I feel cloning is wrong. If you want a better cow, cat , dog or whatever animal, breed it naturally is what, I say.

I hate to burst your bubble but I came from the old school when foods had very few if any preservatives, they also did not have artificial flavors virtually everything was all natural. Back then food tasted far better and was healthier, less sodium, less sugar no preservatives or chemicals to cause cancer in them either.

AS you can see that being the case, I have tasted the real thing and know what has happened to our foods by the use of cloning seeds and us of artificial ingredients, unlike you who more then likely has not experienced the same. Just think of all that extra sodium and sugar you are consuming alone all which add calories, shame on you.

You really should go to a farm and buy some farm fresh eggs and chickens. Then try them, trust me they are far better in texture as well as taste since most products they eat are the very same that chickens have eaten for ages with some exceptions I am sure, but unlike factory farmed chicken they do not get their beaks clipped because gravel takes care of the beaks naturally on a real farm. They also eat very little if any artificial products eat outside of cages unlike factory farmed animals, which makes the taste far better and healthier I might add for you.

It sounds very much like these Cayjolics who harp on about the 'evils of science'

We are not talking religion we are talking cloning kindly stay on topic.

Now kindly explain what makes this one cloning any different then all the others. They have been cloning since 1952, so all I see here is a copycat nothing more.
And let us not forget this is their 2nd cloned lamb, not their first, again another reason for not getting excited wouldn't you say?

[edit on 10/1/2006 by shots]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join