It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close to the truth are we?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hello everybody, I am getting tired of all these different alien theories made by people who don't know 'squat'. I am starting this thread to know which theory is actullay the correct one, IF we even know about the 'correct' truth about aliens and UFO's.

Is it just me, or is this getting more and more rediculous. The new UFOlogists, well that claim to be, really give the public believers bad images. So, are these ufologists just in it for the money, the fame??

Anyways, I have a strange feeling that we will never know the 'real' truth, that is to say if we don't already know it. So, my final questions are - How close to the truth are we? (if we don't already know it) Which theory is right? Which of all those hundreds of theories is right? Do we even have the right one? How do we know its the right one? (by theory I mean of course, are ufos mand made or do they come from space or to they live in the hollow earth, ect..) But, don't get me wrong, I am a believer, but it seems to me we are diminishing our chances of ever knowing the whole truth. Anyways, start the discussion.

-Jimmy-

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Some UFOs are alien spaceships.
That's as far as I'm willing to go.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You may be in the wrong place if you tire of people theories...
I dont think that any "just one" theroy is totally right on the money..
You really have to put it together like a big puzzle, I think everyone that has theroies is closer to the truth by just thinking and keeping an open mind.
The moment you shoot down someone theroy, is the moment you close yourself out of pieces of the puzzle...
What is rediculous anyway? The thoughts of our minds? Or the way people try to make money off of others ideas?
Creative nature is the nature of our minds, we are all onto something, yet I dont think one person or one answer covers what we consider to be "truth".
We just have to understand it for ourselfs, and if you dont want to buy it. Then dont. No one has a gun to your head saying you must belive me!!!
We are all just here to bring small pieces of the puzzle together, no matter how crazy someones ideas might be, its always wise to ponder it for a moment and make up your own mind about how you feel.. If you feel its rubbish, then so be it.
Thats what makes life so wonderful, is the possible outcomes of so many different methods and knowledge that is out here.. I think those of us who know, know that that we dont know all that much, and strive to compile and understand things we never considered.. Its a great work out for the mind!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
To find the absoulute truth, I would suggest finding the earliest sighting or recording of extraterrestial activity on Earth and go from there, find cases that fit, exactly what the above poster said, like a puzzle, eventually one 'line' will seem true, but then you'll discover another and another.

It's a never ending process, but a good way to find out more.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
Hello everybody, I am getting tired of all these different alien theories made by people who don't know 'squat'. I am starting this thread to know which theory is actullay the correct one, IF we even know about the 'correct' truth about aliens and UFO's.

We, as a species do. We, as individuals, do not. Even if they don't exist, the governments still know whether they are covering anything up or if the the rest of the world is barking. So, I believe we know, in general.

Is it just me, or is this getting more and more rediculous. The new UFOlogists, well that claim to be, really give the public believers bad images. So, are these ufologists just in it for the money, the fame??

Only the ones selling things. Usually. But not always.

So, my final questions are - How close to the truth are we? (if we don't already know it)

The truth is there. I beleive a lot of truth can be found on this forum. The problem is that we have no real way of knowing at the moment which bit's are tue and which are not so we all decide for ourselves. I think we are all in the same boat. The majority, that is.

Which theory is right?

Whichever one feels true to you.

Which of all those hundreds of theories is right?

There may be a small truth in all of them. They could all be wrong. I simply mentally file them into true, not true and possible. The problem is that my "possible" folder has been overflowing for some time now.

Do we even have the right one?

I believe the truth is staring us right in the face.

How do we know its the right one? (by theory I mean of course, are ufos mand made

Very very likely that a percentage of them are.

or do they come from space

I think so. Do you?

or to they live in the hollow earth, ect..)

I really don't know what to think about hollow Earth. Could be total rubbish, true or partially true. I am leaning toward the former.

But, don't get me wrong, I am a believer,

It doesn't matter much what you do or don't believe. The only thing I would say is that I think it is a mistake to assume you are being asked to believe something just because you read it. Many people do, its an easy trap.

but it seems to me we are diminishing our chances of ever knowing the whole truth. Anyways, start the discussion.

These questions will probably never be fully answered in our lifetime, that's not to say that the truth isn't available to you. Although it's frustrating, you will eventually be able to fit some of the pieces of the puzzle together to form your own theories. As you continue to learn, you will plug holes in your theories or adapt them as information comes forward in terms of facts, disinformation or conjecture. Although none of makes sense for a while, a bigger picture in your minds eye does start to evolve. If you can keep your feet on the ground to some degree, it will be a fascinating journey, frustrating at times and probably for the rest of your life.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think the person that started this thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...) is pretty close to the current situation.

In other words, they've been here a long time, but we and the governments still don't know squat. Maybe the government knows just a little bit more, but not really enough to tell us anything that we don't already know

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Junkheap]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Judging by research over the years and what's been happening. I percieve that we are dangerously close to the truth. As I have been saying for the last three years. Everything is piling up and is about to explode like an angry volcano.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Maybe, but something that is bothering me is that I just bought a UFO magazine and compared it to a 1997 UFO magazine and it is exactly the same! Havn't there been improvements on the UFO situation in the last decade? Or are they just publishing what everybody already knows and not looking into the subject? This makes me think that the we are at the same point we were ten years ago. But anyways...Just my point of view.

-Jimmy-

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

how sure am i that i know the truth?
i wager all money i have ever made.
i wager all my possesions that i have ever had.
i wager my very existance.
i wager my eternal soul, that i know the truth.

how close to the truth are we?

the truth is at the core of us, therefore the truth is within us. if i am lying to you, again i remind you that i gladly and unconditionally wager all the money i have ever made, all my possesions, my very existance, and my eternal soul that the truth you seek is covered by your fears and hates and every mask that you have permitted fear to make, which blinds you.

what is the opposite of love?

are you sure?

most of you agree that it is hate?

but how can you justify hating someone without first being afraid of loosing something you love?

so if you can not justify your hate without fearing first, then how well do you know yourself?

and if you don't know yourself, how could you honestly justify knowing how to properly judge anything else?

me?

i am just a silly odd man. call me "som" for short, if you wish.

I am starting this thread to know which theory is actullay the correct one, IF we even know about the 'correct' truth about aliens and UFO's.

yes, we do. but most people have never defragged their original computer.
most people have never updated the software or the hardware of the core of their minds. people who know fear can not know the truth, their minds do not permit them to comprehend it.

if they were in it to serve, and to serve truth, then they wouldn't be searching anymore.

Anyways, I have a strange feeling that we will never know the 'real' truth, that is to say if we don't already know it.

to never know the real truth is a strange concept indeed.

i'll share soms' truth, some of it, a peice, a clue. .... . . . . .

ronald reagan.

phonetically spelled out .... . . .

ronald ragun ..... .

what was ron most famous for as president? star wars threat finishing cold war, right?

and what did the "star wars" do?

it was a "RAY GUN"!!!

yes, reagan's RAY GUN.

oh, look there. 6 letters in all three of his names.

row in all dragun.

ro in al dragun.

ro n al dragun.

ronal dragun.

ronaldragun.

wage war on the stars? perhaps the stars will reply.

dragun mirror nug gard .. . .. . . nudge guard

nudge what guard?

nudge the guard of the gates to heaven, the one with the key.
peter, the rock.

So, my final questions are - How close to the truth are we? (if we don't already know it) Which theory is right?

mine, and yours, for they are one in the same.

if i were a car and i felt guilty for all the air pollution i was causing i would probably say something to the effect of: "blowing gas out my backside".

but, let's face it, i am only a car, so i am stupid. so i would probably simplify it to make it easier to remember .... . .

"see i fart"

see = c

"c i fart"

C I F A R T [mirror] T R A F I C

men in black? majestic twelve? i know them. i named them.

Which of all those hundreds of theories is right?

all of them, when viewed from the light.

Do we even have the right one?

yes, i do.

How do we know its the right one?

ask me anything. if at any point you think i have lied to you, and you believe our truths are not compatible, i beg you, i plead of you, read my words no further. if at any time you think i have intentionally tried to decieve you, then disregard me and my truths.

(by theory I mean of course, are ufos mand made or do they come from space or to they live in the hollow earth, ect..) But, don't get me wrong, I am a believer, but it seems to me we are diminishing our chances of ever knowing the whole truth. Anyways, start the discussion.

Jimmy, my friend and brother.

i am not lying to you.

keep a journal, a diary. when you write in it, know, i mean absolutley know that no one else shall EVER read it. no one to impress, and no reason to lie to yourself, right?

this is more than enough to show you the direction you seek.

truth you seek?
"be not afraid"

fear not for just one moment in time.

lovingfully truthingfully lovingfully knowingfully,
som the original

[edit on 1-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

-Jimmy-

It sounds like you are not open to any alien theories so why even ask what the correct one is if you dont beleive any of them

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think it's a question of how close to the truth we are.

The discovery of the truth is not going to be made by humans. I strongly believe that one day, out of the clear blue sky, ETs are going to simply introduce themselves. And, looking at recent evidence, I also believe that it will happen relatively soon...say 25-50 years. (Actually, I am admittedly one of the few that expect to see the evidence at the end of 2012). In the last 10 years we've had the Phoenix Lights, the UFOs that chased that Mexican Air Force fleet and the numerous mass sightings of fleets in Mexico.

Yes, I think our government knows at least a bit about it. But when the time comes, they won't be able to deny it any more. If the ETs want to be seen, I think there's no stopping them.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think the truth is in all of us individually. Some prefer to believe what is concretely in front of them while others tend to expand their minds to implore the unseen.
We are all intergalatic. Ok not to sound trekkie or anything because that's not my gig but we are. "Aliens" do not have a monopoly on the universe. We are all a part of it. I think that perhaps they just have been able to see beyond the physical whereas we are bound by it.
Does that mean that it doesn't exist?
So then why do we wait on our gov to give us a solid yea or nay?
The truth is there. It's hiding in plain sight.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Jimmy, have you had an experience with a ufo? If so, you know the truth. I have seen some crazy stuff with my best friend so I belive 100% I've seen what i belive to be an alien craft but I can't prove that to anyone here....Alot of people on here may have seen something and belive. Sadly jimmy there are also those who lie for attention. The sad fact is until they land and say hello we will have people who grab at attention and monetary things. They can make up stories to sell books, create false images to fool the masses and discredit people like you and I in our search for the unexplained...The truth is out there and the truth always comes out.... happy hunting bro, I hope you find what your looking for. If you wanna hear my story... and its a short and sweet one u2u me

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Zysin5, I am not allowed to send any u2u's
I have to have at least 20 posts or something.. If you want to talk send me your yahoo or email

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Anyways, I have a strange feeling that we will never know the 'real' truth, that is to say if we don't already know it. So, my final questions are - How close to the truth are we? (if we don't already know it) Which theory is right? Which of all those hundreds of theories is right? Do we even have the right one? How do we know its the right one? (by theory I mean of course, are ufos mand made or do they come from space or to they live in the hollow earth, ect..) But, don't get me wrong, I am a believer, but it seems to me we are diminishing our chances of ever knowing the whole truth. Anyways, start the discussion.

-Jimmy-

until someone breaks into the fort knox of UFO's and gets us some bodies or they land in the superbowl we are never going to get close

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Jimmy you're seeking a consensus on a subject that cannot have one due to the myriad points of view, beliefs and opinions. The UFO phenomena once was a grassroots, homespun subculture based on sighting events that occurred at a time when people in general were more credible and the likelyhood of intricate hoaxes were few.

Interest flared and susided as the years passed coinciding with alleged sightings and extraordinary events. The whole thing now is akin to some folkloric tale that continues on due to its inertia alone. Since the internet and image manipulation software have existed you can pretty much kiss and "evidence" found there goodbye as pure BS.

And dolt can register a domain name and spew out whatever garbage he desire totally without foundation. At least in the old days a photographic image captured on film was able to be scrutinized py photo experts for telltale signs of tampering. Even if a small UFO sighting story was in a newspaper it was a more credible source than UFOcrap.com.

The citizenry are far too splintered in their thoughts on the UFO phenomena to say that anything or anyone is moving toward any one truth of revelation. You are right, there is basically nothing new since 1997. No matter how many images and videos or other supporting data emerges the detractors will attempt to discount all.

The extremity of positions is so great that nothing can encompass them all. You have foaming at the mouth "I flew to Venus with Vorgud on his intergallactic cruiser last week," to "there is something to it. It can't all be hoax or misinterpretation."

And no, the landing on the White House lawn of a UFO wouldn't be believed either. So each will have his own philosophy on the subject until some event demonstrably and decisively occurs. I don't know what that event would be either.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
From what i've researched we are most likely a month to 7 years from the truth, no longer than 7 years, that i'm almost sure.But the truth will be found in each one of us, no one is going to come up to and tell you the true story.

This is my general conclusion from what i've studied along these years, i do see other opinions with an open mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What if ufos, and aliens are real, but really just dont have much to do with us at all?

What if, all those stories of abductions, and obvious disinfo, are really just a "easy target" for people to loose their reputations... and for hoaxsters (and an occassional true situation)

Why would someone what to loose their reputations?
well, if they happened to leak some info that they shouldn't, and could damage a true coverup...(on an unrelated matter) coming forth with an unbeleivable alien story could do the job...

on this thread:
ats thread on Dulce, by MI6 agent

In my opinion, that writer (the agent) found out fast that you dont talk about national secrets or coverups when you have a family...
If you do, then some major damage control will have to be undertaken to avoid punishment, or criminal charges... (voluntarily).
He wrote on the International Drug trade being operated by the Intelligence services (which is true, to the best of my research) and that he had special access to that data...

now he comes out with a story on Dulce NM, and supposidly has same special access...
Nope, aint buying it... how would a MI6 drug smuggler have internal knowledge of
a secret alien UFO base in America?
he wouldn't... period!
unless the Aliens are bringing us the Smack...

How many times have we seen very outrageous stories coming from people that have connections in government, but not in an area that has direct oversight of UFOs?
I dunno, but maybe it accounts for some of the "too outrageous to be believed"
stories, coming from otherwise reputable people...

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

how sure am i that i know the truth?
i wager all money i have ever made.
i wager all my possesions that i have ever had.
i wager my very existance.
i wager my eternal soul, that i know the truth.

Esoteric Teacher, You freak me out. I mean this in a good way.
Be my mentor?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Many threads here at ATS and elsewhere lead to conclusions that the gradual detox to the truth by government will culminate in partial disclosure around 2012.

I'm not sure how that date can be derived, but there is no doubt that the 'plausible denial' scenario is starting to crack - perhaps intentionally.

Perhaps we won't have to hold our collective breath that much longer. We, all of us, certainly deserve to know the truth if such truth is existant. After all, such profound revelations regarding our origins, our destiny can not be allowed to be harbored by only a few self-appointed guardians.

Nice thread - thanks. Keep thinking... keep posting... seek the truth...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join