It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum/section room suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Since freedom of expression is paramount...and even ranter and ravers are owed the priviledge...maybe you/we could create a room or section where discussions are not allowed to disintegrate into personal attacks. That is the rule of the room. Points can be contested, ideas debated...but no pissy name calling. If I see the words repugnant or loco left again I think I'll friggin PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can call the forum "The Grown Up Discussion forum"

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That's a nice idea.

But just cause one posts a buncha articles from the web and has a point of view or an agenda doesn't mean that they deserve to stand on a soapbox for ten hours with dignity does it?

Otherwise I agree with you and don't see any reason why it can't be applied in every thread.

Now will people promise to search for the truth instead of satisfying their primal need to prove themselves correct?

link   
PErhaps we should have a political forum that isn't a mudpit. The Mudpit seems to be the defense everyone offers for the mud throwing. Some people like to discuss politics without throwing mud.

link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
Since freedom of expression is paramount...and even ranter and ravers are owed the priviledge...maybe you/we could create a room or section where discussions are not allowed to disintegrate into personal attacks. That is the rule of the room. Points can be contested, ideas debated...but no pissy name calling. If I see the words repugnant or loco left again I think I'll friggin PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can call the forum "The Grown Up Discussion forum"

you wouldnt have a single poster in the forum. not even me and i LOATHE these pissing contests people have on this board.

good idea but seems...unreasonable.

just lead by example, i try to and if more people posted by example others might follow suit.

we dont NEED another forum for this. just raise the standards of your own posts and ignore the childishness as much as you can. it mainly sticks to certain forums anyway. dont worry! be happy, find the positives on the board, they're here and easy to find!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

you wouldnt have a single poster in the forum. not even me and i LOATHE these pissing contests people have on this board.

good idea but seems...unreasonable.

just lead by example, i try to and if more people posted by example others might follow suit.

we dont NEED another forum for this. just raise the standards of your own posts and ignore the childishness as much as you can. it mainly sticks to certain forums anyway. dont worry! be happy, find the positives on the board, they're here and easy to find!

OK...I'll follow your lead. I'll just rise above.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

PErhaps we should have a political forum that isn't a mudpit. The Mudpit seems to be the defense everyone offers for the mud throwing. Some people like to discuss politics without throwing mud.

good idea....but thats sorta what poltical scandals is for i suppose (it DOES give a negative conotation i admit)

you have a point here for sure and i agree but we'd have to move every thread that turns into a bash fest to the mudpit and almost all political threads turn into a food fight of sorts so that leads us back to having a mudpit but no TRUE political forum...

hopefully this made things clearer for you.
you get an A for effort if it helps!

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   

maybe you/we could create a room or section where discussions are not allowed to disintegrate into personal attacks.

This to me is an odd request. It is even stranger (to me) to protest that it can't work.

As far as I am aware, personal attacks are not the purpose of ATS and are specifically prohibited by the terms and conditions of use. At least that's how I read them.

The only exceptions I am aware of (at least in the perception of the majority of members as I would see it) are:

Political Mudpit - where ThomasCrowne effectively labelled it as "sport"

Rant Forum - anything goes on what cheeses you off, but even there I don't think the purpose has been intended to be personal attacks.

Could Admin and all Mods please agree in unison that the purpose of ATS is not to engage in personal attacks? Could we see them removed as a communication form in all Forums, as the Terms and Conditions require?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
All politics is a "mud pit".....in the purest sense.
The "Mud Pit" Forum suits it well and is the appropriate place for political discussion. No discussion in and of politics goes without a bit of "mudslinging"....wouldn't we all agree?

*edit* for spelling...sorry....still cleaning up some beer I spewed over my key-board awhile ago......

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
All politics is a "mud pit".....in the purest sense.
The "Mud Pit" Forum suits it well and is the appropriate palce for political discussion. No discussion in and of politics goes without a bit of "mudslinging"....wouldn't we all agree?

regards
seekerof

well if we all agreed life would be pretty boring so to liven things up i'm going to disagree out of boredom!

or not...you figure it out...

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
hehehe, no problem Prank.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Its a good idea in theory, kinda like world peace on a small scale, but its never gonna work.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Its a good idea in theory, kinda like world peace on a small scale, but its never gonna work.

well the only change we can make on our own is to change our own actions.

if we dont like the quality of posts should we complain or lead by example and try to create educational/entertaining/amusing/tantalizing posts in the hopes of instilling some pride and workmanship in our postings.

all we can really change is ourselves or in this case our posts (how we post more specifically) we can only hope others will follow our lead.

if we all did our own part and focused on that rather than what someone else is doing.........you get the idea.

top topics

join